↳ 01. The Karasuno High School.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

SOVEREIGNTY: SEASON ONE
chapter one - the karasuno high school.

"I'M NOT GOING TO SHIRATORIZAWA." Ushijima Wakatoshi froze when those five words came out of his younger brother's mouth.

"What do you mean you're not coming to Shiratorizawa? Coach Washijo is expecting you to join the volleyball team." Wakatoshi informed me.

"You can tell him I'm not planning on attending then." Atsushi said. "I don't want to go to a school where I'll constantly be compared to you and people having high expectations of me because I'm the younger brother of one of the top three aces in Japan. I already had that in junior high. Thank you very much."

"So what school are you going to?"

"Karasuno." Atsushi replied.

Wakatoshi sighed. "Well, at least it isn't Aoba Johsai." He said.

"Like I would go there. Oikawa would constantly be on my nerves." Atsushi stated as his older brother chuckled in amusement.

"Good luck at Karasuno, Atsushi."

"I will, Nii-san, and if we ever face off against each other in an official match, you better not go easy on me."

"Same to you."

"SAWAMURA... HERE." Kiyoko, Karasuno's manager, informed as she handed the captain a small batch of papers.

"New member registrations."

Daichi chuckled with a bit of disappointment. "Not that many, huh? I was hoping for a lot more, too."

"Kiyoko-san, you're beautiful as always!" Tanaka cried out, completely off topic as usual.

Daichi's eyes scanned the forms. Tsukishima Kei, Yamaguchi Tadashi, Hinata Shoyo, Kageyama Tobio, and Ushijima Atsushi.

"Seems like the King of the Court has joined us." Daichi stated.

"What?!" His two teammates shouted, looking over to see that their captain was right. While Sugawara and Tanaka gushed over the fact that the King of the Court had enrolled at Karasuno, Daichi looked at one specific form.

"Ushijima Atsushi..." Daichi thinks to himself.

"Hold on! Don't tell me Ushijima's younger brother is attending Karasuno? I thought he would've gone to Shiratorizawa?"

Atsushi entered Class 4, sitting down next to the window. Two people entered after him, a tall blonde with a freckled boy at his side. Atsushi analyzed them, not realizing that he was staring for too long.

"Do you have a problem?" The blonde asked, making Atsushi jolt.

"Ah, sorry. I was staring for too long, was I?" Atsushi questioned.

"Do you play volleyball?"

"I do." The blonde replied.

"I play as well." The freckled boy added.

"I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi. That's Tsukishima Kei."

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry, Tsukki."

Atsushi chuckled at the two. "I think we'll get along very well. I'm Ushijima Atsushi. Nice to meet you." He said.

"Ushijima?" Tsukishima asked, narrowing his eyes.

"You're related to that super ace from Shiratorizawa?"

"Mhm, that's my Nii-san." Atsushi replied.

"I decided to come to Karasuno instead of Shiratorizawa because I didn't want to be compared to him."

After school was over, Atsushi parted ways with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima as he went to change into a black tank top and gray shorts for volleyball practice. He entered the gym to find a very familiar black haired male and an orange haired male already there.

"Excuse me..." Atsushi said, making the two males flinch at the sound of a new voice.

"Are you two here for the volleyball club as well?"

"It's you." The black haired male said. "What are you doing here, Ushijima?"

"I could ask you the same question, King." Atsushi spat back.

"Figured you would've gone to Shiratorizawa."

Kageyama just growled. "You two know each other?" The orange haired male asked.

"Kageyama Tobio, the egocentric setter of Kitagawa Daiichi. My junior high team played against him during the preliminary match." Atsushi responded.

"I played against him too. Hinata Shoyo, first-year!" The orange haired male exclaimed.

"Ushijima Atsushi, also a first-year." Atsushi introduced himself.

"What junior high did you attend, Ushijima?" Hinata questioned.

"I went to Shiratorizawa Junior High."

The three first years heard voices outside of the gym. "The first setter of Kitagawa is on our team?" A voice said outside.

"But he's totally cocky."

"Don't try and intimate him, okay?"

"I-I wouldn't do anything like that."

Hinata ended up challenging Kageyama to a match. The vice principal came in and as Kageyama and Hinata were doing their match, his wig fell off. "He was wearing a wig?" Kageyama questioned.

"You just noticed?" Atsushi muttered.

"Everyone at the opening ceremony could tell." Hinata added.

"You guys! Shut up!" Tanaka whispered between his laughs.

"Tanaka, you shut up, too." Sugawara whispered to Tanaka.

Moments passed as both Kageyama and Hinata were thrown out of the gym and were banned from activities until they could act like teammates.

"How annoying..." Atsushi thought.

"I'm still here." Atsushi said, making his presence known. Daichi, Tanaka, and Sugawara turned around to see the brunette.

"Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself." Daichi said. "I'm Sawamura Daichi, your captain. But you can just call me Daichi."

"He has a more calming aura than Toshi-nii does..." Atsushi noticed.

"I'm Ushijima Atsushi. But just call me Atsushi, I prefer my first name. It's nice to meet you, senpai." He said.

"My name is Sugawara Koushi. But please just call me Suga." Sugawara stated.

"And I'm Tanaka Ryunosuke! But you can call me Tanaka-senpai!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"I think just Tanaka-san will do just fine." Atsushi stated as a lightning bolt struck through Tanaka.

"What position do you play?" Daichi asked.

"I'm a wing spiker. But I was the captain and ace back in junior high. So I have some experience with that." Atsushi answered.

"That's right. You went to Shiratorizawa Junior High, didn't you?" Daichi questioned as Atsushi looked at him with shock. "Ah, my apologises. I recognized your last name on your application. You're related to Ushijima Wakatoshi, correct?"

"You don't have to apologize, senpai. And yes, Wakatoshi is my older brother." Atsushi said.

"I came to Karasuno in hopes to beat him."

Atsushi joined a practice match with Daichi, Sugawara, and Tanaka. He was able to spike a toss that Sugawara sent to him.

"Nice kill, Atsushi!" Daichi complimented.

A whistle echoed throughout the gym, signaling practice was over. "Good work everyone." Daichi complimented his teammates.

"They'll probably say, 'Let us in if we can beat you in a match'." Tanaka was saying.

"That's possible." Sugawara and Atsushi said in unison.

"Captain!"

Kageyama and Hinata ended up challenging Daichi to a match, just like Tanaka said. "There are two other first-year applicants besides you guys." Daichi informed.

"Hmm... I wonder if they're talking about Yamaguchi and Tsukishima? Those two did mention they joined the volleyball club." Atsushi thinks to himself.

"It'll be a four on four match against them." Daichi informed. "We always play this game every year, just to see what the new members are made of."

"But how does it become four on four?" Hinata asked.

Daichi told Tanaka that he would be on Hinata's side, and with a little persuation, he agreed to do it.

"Understood?" Daichi asked after finishing his speech. "Atsushi, you'll be joining them as well. I'm looking forward to Saturday." Daichi informed before closing the gym doors, leaving Atsushi outside with them.

"Hey, Ushijima?" Hinata questioned as the brunette turned to him. "I forgot to ask before, but what position do you play?"

"I'm a wing spiker." Atsushi answered.

"Guwaa! That means you're great at spiking!" Hinata commented.

"Guwaa?" Atsushi questioned, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Damn it!" Kageyama suddenly shouted.

"What? Are you mad because you're gonna eat the penalty?" Hinata asked.

"But even if you're not a setter, I'm sure you'd do fine as a regular."

"Spikers are cooler than setters anyway. Isn't that right, Ushijima?" Hinata continued on.

"Wham! Like that!"

"Dumbass. Spikers wouldn't be who they are without the setter." Atsushi thought.

Kageyama seemed to notice that too, because he started ranting about how important setters were. "Damn why is that?" Kageyama muttered, thinking back to what Daichi told him.

"All you have to do is win." Hinata said.

"You were full of confidence taking on the senpais, weren't you?" Atsushi added on.

Kageyama looked away, thinking about what Hinata said. "Hey. We better do something about your sorry receives of yours by Saturday." He informed.

"Sorry? But we can't use the gym." Hinata reminded him. The three of them heard someone clearing their voice, looking at the window they saw Tanaka near it.

"Oh, yes. Morning practice is at 7:00 AM tomorrow, right?" Tanaka asks loudly.

"He's helping us out. Smart Tanaka-san!" Atsushi thinks to himself.

"Of course, but why ask that so suddenly?" Sugawara questioned.

"Oh, uh, well." Tanaka replied. "Was the vice principal's wig okay?"

"Stop talking about that!"

"Tomorrow..." Kageyama and Hinata muttered in unison while Atsushi just stared at them.

"5:00 AM." Kageyama said.

"Don't be late." Hinata told him.

"You don't be late." Kageyama shot back as the speed soon picks up running into a sprint.

"My bag! I forgot my bag!" Hinata exclaimed.

Atsushi rolled his eyes. "I have weirdos for teammates... At least Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are the only normal ones on the team." He thought, swinging his bag over his shoulder and walking home.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro