↳ 03. The Formidable Ally.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

SOVEREIGNTY: SEASON ONE
chapter three - the formidable ally.

IT WAS NIGHT OUT AS Atsushi was on his way home from practice when he heard some commotion as he looked over and saw Kageyama and Hinata talking to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

Atsushi grunted in annoyance. "I really don't want to deal with this." He thought, heading over to the group just as Atsushi heard Tsukishima talk about Kageyama's past.

"Yo, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi." Atsushi said, throwing up a peace sign at them. Yamaguchi waved at him in greeting.

"You know them, Ushijima?" Hinata questioned.

"Yes. We're in the same class." Atsushi responded.

Kageyama and Hinata were about ready to leave.

"Running away?" Tsukishima taunted. "I guess the king isn't what he's cracked up to be. Maybe I'll win against the king this Saturday, too." He threw the ball up in the air, expecting it to fall back into his palm but Hinata jumped up and caught it.

Atsushi smirked at their shocked faces. "Shut up with the "king" crap. I'm here, too." Hinata stated.

"Huh?" Tsukishima questioned, narrowing his eyebrows at Hinata.

"W-What? Hey..." Hinata stuttered.

"You wanna fight, bastard?"

"Let's not get so intense. Let's do this cheerfully, for fun." Tsukishima said.

"It's only a club activity, after all."

"What do you mean only?" Hinata asked, getting offended.

"I mean literally." Tsukishima replied as it was the most obvious thing. "See you later."

"Hey, Saltyshima." Atsushi spoke up, getting the attention of the blonde and his friend. This also caught the attention of Kageyama and Hinata.

"Volleyball isn't just a club activity. To some people, it's their life. But I guess someone like you wouldn't understand." He continued.

He turned towards the blonde. "Don't talk about volleyball like it's "only a club activity" because someday, you'll realize why it's important to some of us." Atsushi finished. Tsukishima said nothing as he and Yamaguchi walked away.

"That was deep, Ushijima." Hinata commented.

"I agree." Kageyama added, still his eyes looking at Atsushi.

"Thank you." Atsushi said. "Well, I'll see you two at practice tomorrow."

"Leaving already?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah. My brother is waiting for me." Atsushi replied.

"We understand. Goodnight, Atsu." Kageyama said as Atsushi walked to the gates of the school. While doing so, he happened to walk past Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

"That was a heartwarming speech you gave me, Ushijima." Tsukishima mocked. "Why is someone like you so passionate about volleyball anyway?"

"Having an older brother who's obsessed with volleyball has its perks." Atsushi began.

"Toshi-nii breathes volleyball like it's air. Coming from a volleyball family, I suppose it's just built into me."

"Have a nice night." He added.

Atsushi headed his way towards his house. He stepped in the door and headed towards his room, dropping his volleyball bag down and laying on his bed. He was silent for a moment, thinking about his junior high days.

"He's just like his brother, what's so special about him?"

"He's only popular because he's related to one of the top three aces in the country."

Atsushi sat up from his bed and clenched his fist. "Not anymore... I won't be in Toshi-nii's shadow anymore. I'm gonna beat him. That's why I went to Karasuno." He thought.

THROUGHOUT THE WEEK, Kageyama and Hinata had been practicing for Saturday. Atsushi had been helping them out a few times. But because of this, he never got any sleep, so he slept in class.

Atsushi followed Tanaka into the gym as Sugawara was already there. The three of them watched Hinata save and receive the balls, one after another. "How long have they been at it?" Tanaka asked.

"It's been 15 minutes since I got here." Sugawara replied.

"15 minutes straight?" Tanaka repeated with shock. Sugawara nodded.

"What?"

"But you've reached your limit now!" Kageyama was shouting, hitting the ball to Hinata who received it.

"You can't go any further."

"Not yet!" Hinata exclaimed. "I haven't dropped the ball yet!"

"Take that!" Kageyama shouts, hitting the ball towards Hinata. But it went too strong as the ball went further away from Hinata.

"Wow, bad character! How's he supposed to get that?" Tanaka asked. Kageyama looked surprised and nervous about his mistake.

"Hinata's athleticism has been amazing since we watched him when he was in junior high." Sugawara spoke.

"Huh?" Tanaka questioned, looking over towards the gray haired male.

"It's not just that, though." Sugawara continued. "I feel like he's got the fortitude to become a warrior."

"He has a different weapon, other than a gifted physique." Atsushi stated.

"Or superior athleticism." Sugawara finished the male's statement.

The three of them watched Hinata run for the ball before it hit the ground. Hinata took one big step, letting most of the strength into that leg before gaining speed again.

To everyone's surprise Hinata saved the ball but he fell over while doing so. "He saved it. That's amazing, Hinata!" Tanaka praised them as they watched the ball go into the air again.

Atsushi looked over at Kageyama who slowly started raising his hands above his head. "He's gonna toss it to him." He thinks to himself as he watches Kageyama set the ball again.

"A toss?" Tanaka stated in surprise.

"Kageyama tossed him." Sugawara said.

"Hinata's too worn out to spike it, though." Tanaka informed.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, Tanaka-san." Atsushi commented as Tanaka looked at him with confusion written all over his face.

"Take a look."

Hinata took notice of the ball and smiled widely, before running up to the ball and spiking it over the net in mid-air, he was clearly happy that he got to spike the toss that Kageyama gave him.

"He sure can jump." Sugawara pointed out.

"He recovered from being that worn out." Tanaka added.

"And look how happy he is." Atsushi commented.

"I think that meant something special to Hinata." Sugawara stated as Atsushi nodded in agreement.

"We have the ball tossed by the setter." Sugawara added. "That's something we take for granted."

"Hey." Kageyama says, getting Hinata's attention. "We're going to win tomorrow."

"O-Of course we will!" Hinata finally replied as he gave an expression that he was going to puke, which he did, making everyone panic.

"Tanaka, get water, water! And a washrag!" Sugawara ordered as Atsushi sweat dropped on them.

THE NEXT DAY, ATSUSHI WAS walking to the gym when he heard yelling behind him. He turned around only to see Kageyama and Hinata running at full speed. Atsushi jumped out of the way and watched them run towards the gym.

"Why do I have such weird teammates?" Atsushi thinks to himself, running a hand through his light brown hair.

Once he made it to the gym, he saw Kageyama and Hinata on the floor panting. "What's the point of getting worn out before the match?" Atsushi questioned as Tanaka nodded in agreement.

"You'd better rest up." Tanaka instructed. Atsushi looked back to see the two talking about something then saw Tsukishima and Yamaguchi walk up to them.

"Morning, king." Tsukishima greeted them in a teasing tone and they all stared at each other with determination, well besides Tsukishima who just smirked at Kageyama.

Atsushi sighed. "This is gonna be an intense match..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro