1.1||Cakelicious Festive Delights||

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Annika tapped her fingers. The patience level in her, now, was at scarce. The warmth of wooden material in icy-cold evening transpired her fingers. She chuckled at the irony and how her fingers were growing accustomed to the carved shapes, this table had.

Annika's cousin, Tia and her friends nervously smiled. The manager of this highly rated confectionery was coming their way. One look at Annika and Tia knew this poor manager will be gone.

Why's he digging his own grave?

"How much more? Can't you make it quick?" Annika roared.

"I am really sorry ma'am, just give us a few more minutes."

Annika angrily banged the table. Tia clutched her wrist. Others signalled Annika to settle down and passed a glass of water. In a go, she gulped it down.

It wasn't the time to pour out all the irritation of the day.

"It's been an hour since we placed the order. You can tell us the issue at hand. Others look equally impatient!" Tia took the lead. Her tone was calmer that added the last drop of fuel to Annika's irritation.

"Just a few more minutes ma'-"

"Let's get going guys. I am in no mood to waste my yet another hour here. And," Annika was now facing the manager; "I'll make sure to treat your review list with the same patience level we are being treated. Here."

The manager looked down. This whole chaos was new to him. It was the Christmas eve and like any other year, it was filled to the brim. He could no longer thank his stars for this; the situation was highly in disfavour. Unforeseen accident of their renowned and best baker made it an arduous situation to handle. His absence clearly hindered the execution and timely order completion that this confectionery was well known for. As an outcome of this, compromising with quality just to catch up with the orders, their ethics didn't allow. If that wasn't bad enough, the interiors, the decor they spent whole last night on, was no longer charming to customers.  

Annika snapped her fingers in front of him, "Oh hello, are you even listening?"

This pissed Annika more. Wasn't his rant of 'a few more minutes' already the height? 

She turned to Tia, picking up her sling bag. "Ever heard of ucchi dukaan, pheke pakwan? This shop is a tough competitor to it. Anyways, are you guys joining?" She now turned to glance her still sitting friends.

"'No' is welcomed. I am habitual to it now," Annika added in a jiffy.

Tia held her shoulder and faced her. Tia knew all these were after-effects of previous events of the day. Annika was outspoken but here she was being extreme. There's some problem and manager's expressions are unveiling it clearly. And it wasn't like Annika was never witnessing such situations. She had and undoubtedly, she was way too mature in all those circumstances.

"Annika, please don't be upset. We'll turn it into the best day for you," Tia pleaded.

"Like this Tia?" Annika eyed them and their surroundings.

"It wasn't the plan," Tia retorted.

"That's exactly my point. All these weren't in my plan. Early celebrations and the sudden departure of you all!"

"We're sorry about tha-"

"Here you go, young ladies," a clean-shaven, well-built man, wearing a hairnet, cheerfully announced.

Annika peeked through Tia while the latter tilted her neck when the gorgeous baker placed the dome-covered food tray on the table and winked at the manager.

Manager heaved a sigh of relief. Now the daggers that angry young woman, Annika whom her friends called such, was giving would meet the dead end. "Shivaay, my boy, finally you're here." And he affectionately patted Shivaay's back.

Tia cheekily smiled. "Shi-vaay, his name's as hot as his looks," she whispered, leaning to Annika. She was noticing how perfectly chef jacket loosely hanged on one of Shivaay's shoulders. A clear goner, she now was.

Annika couldn't help rolling her eyes. She punched Tia and latter was at once back to the earth. Trip to dreamland wasn't possible with this hitler cousin she was hanging out with.

"Ladies, have a great time now," the manager wished, taking their leave.

"With him? Obviously," Tia, this time, whispered to herself and Annika couldn't control the urge to smack Tia's head.

In a moment, they all settled to the chairs around the round wooden table, they were previously sitting by. Shivaay, being a good host was all set with his best smile. Inhaling, he uncovered the lid. Though it was already transparent, only that moment cake managed to be the centre of attraction.

Everybody on the table, save Annika, felt their mouth watery at the lip-smacking sight of soft black forest cake. The outer edge of smooth white frosting was embellished by thinly crushed chocolate and whitish layers of the bow were covering the top in a semi-circle. Other half had a 'Merry Christmas' imprinted. To complete the view, it was garnished with three horizontally placed chocolate rings around the same quantities of cherries. It was straight out of the visual imprinted on the menu and none had the audacity to refuse.

Shivaay smiled to himself. The young ladies seemed to enjoy the sight. His eyes then moved to the lady earlier bursting on extremely sweet manager who happened to be his uncle. Her nose was in a battle with cherries adorning his creation. He had an urge to pinch her nose but calling a danger upon himself was way out of his league.

"Attack the cake ladies. And do let me know if you need anything."

Shivaay had just turned on his heels when Annika uttered, "A knife"

"For?" he asked while handing it. Just an attempt from his end to interact.

"Chopping off your hair, won't you allow me?"

"I prefer my hairdresser, lady"

"And I prefer my birthday cake without any cherry," Annika snorted. That was when Tia and Annika's friend exchanged looks. The exquisite cake was all over their brain that senses had certainly lost the track.

"Wa-was it supposed to be a birthday cake?" Shivaay was definitely thrown off track with the sudden information. Did he just ruin someone's birthday celebration?

"Happy late realisation and thank you very much for spoiling my day to no ends."

"I am sorr-"

"No, no thank you very much. That's what I expect now. Be it any stranger or my own friends," her pointed look was towards her gang.

Tia knew the last string of patience was broken. Trouble was certainly brewing in Shivaay's vicinity. Before this handsome baker taste death, it was on her shoulders to keep the matter under control. Throwing the cherries to the corner of the table, she pulled Annika's hands, cut the cake and fed her the piece. Ice-creams and cakes have always been Annika's happy place. And this was why she was being extremely possessive about it.

Annika would be lying if the taste of the cake didn't felt the best-est. Euphoria hit her the moment soft cream melted. It wasn't less than any heaven. She closed her eyes in ecstasy. She wished to carry on with the angry young woman act but this heavenly pleasure was proving it another way round.

"It's best, haina?" Tia asked with knowing looks.

"No," Annika whispered but her neck didn't follow the suit. It gestured yes. Tia shook her head while Shivaay chuckled.

"You can never change." Tia looked up to Shivaay, "It's all in control now. Danger and devil both."

At that, Annika nudged Tia gesturing her to shut up. When Tia didn't, she stuffed Tia's mouth too, looping their arms thereafter. Smiling, Tia fed her again. This time taking her own time.

Giving ladies the privacy, Shivaay moved to the cook-house. It was when fifteen minutes passed by, he returned with a trolley of scrumptious cakes, serving other extremely impatient customers. Still, no one was anywhere near to Annika's level of impatience.

When he crossed the table occupied by Annika, his eyes engaged her. Annika was licking cake off her fingers. Her face flushed red at his gaze, the very last thing she wanted to do today. Sensing it not going anywhere soon, she bit insides of her cheek. Shivaay's smile now reached his eyes. His stellar creation was getting it all, it was baked for.

•~•~•~•

Anika was genuinely smiling and felt silly at her previous outburst. It was all by the sudden change of events. None was at fault. Birthday treat was turned to a Christmas one but all of it was unintentional. She didn't inform while ordering and since it was Christmas eve, the baker treated her cake uniformly.

Annika paid the bill and motioned others to leave.

"Annika," she heard her name and knew it in a moment who the person was.

Annika looked back and it was him. Shivaay.

"Yeah?"

Shivaay cleared his throat, "Here it is for you." He handed her a cupcake with a small smile. Nervousness was peeking through his eyes.

Annika was amused finding a 'happy birthday Annika' scribbled over it.

"I spoilt your cake hence a small compensation for that."

Finding no answer, Shivaay decided to leave. Tia facepalmed at Annika's bad timing of zoning out.

Tia shook Annika, bringing her back to the world. "Annika, at least say him thank you or kiss his hand."

"No, ignore the latter half. I shall do that someday," Tia added dreamily, without missing a beat.

Annika shook her head at that. Why Tia? Why not her?

"Shivaay," Annika shouted.

Ignoring the weird glances from other customers, she walked to him. Just three and a half steps, she was in the immediate vicinity of Shivaay. Further reducing the distance between their faces, she kissed his cheek.

A shiver ran down his spine and cheeks turned red at an instant. He was taken by surprise. Something just happened to him. For the first time.

Annika personally fancied the amusement dancing in his eyes. It was a treat to void her eyes felt back then.

"Thank you. For the first time today, I am genuinely saying it. And can I pre-book the cake orders for all the birthdays I will ever celebrate?"

Shivaay heard her but his mind was still stuck at the part she kissed. He softly touched the spot. His lips curled up immediately and now Annika knew he wouldn't be replying anytime sooner.

"I am taking it as a 'yes', see you soon. And I genuinely hope we'll be treated in a better way. You should focus on timely completion of orders. As a customer, it's a big turn off."

Getting no response, Annika quickly rushed out. It was when she reached the threshold, she noticed her friends winking. Tia was still cupping her face. Annika flipped her hair at Tia, who further cocked her eyebrows. Tia was clearly annoyed and now Annika was the one enjoying the game. Shivaay, on the other hand, was addled, to say the least.

Hello readers,

I am back to writing on this account after soo long and it feels so good. The plot credit goes to sidlove143

Though it was meant to be a one-shot, I am planning to have two more parts for this. Let's see how it goes. Hope I'll do justice to your plot Sid Di.

Waiting for your reviews.

-Words_Do_Matter

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro