12. New Code, New Love ((Incomplete))

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When the warrior awoke again for the third time that day, all of the wounds that had been inflicted on her in the Dark Forest all returned through an aching pain. Stargleam groaned softly as she opened her amber gaze. The she-cat was inside Jayfeather's den; the scent of marigold, lavender, and other more bitter-smelling herbs greeted her senses. At the back of the den, Stargleam spotted the outline of a slender gray tabby with his back to her. The warrior sighed and rested her head on the plush moss under her body. That was when Jayfeather realized that she was awake.

"I hear you're up finally," the medicine cat meowed as he padded over to her and began to check her patched-up wounds. "You've been out nearly all day. What in StarClan's name happened to you?"

Stargleam mumbled a little before replying. It was painful to speak, however the she-cat pushed through it in order to speak. "A StarClan spirit named Leafpool --"

"What?" Jayfeather jerked his head away from Stargleam's injured shoulder to sightlessly stare at her. "Leafpool? Where did she take you?" His voice was demanding, but it wasn't out of menace.

"T-the Dark Forest," the bluish she-cat replied. Jayfeather looked as if he wanted to interrupt the warrior again, but he remained silent, allowing her to continue. "She allowed me to spy on Tigerstar and his followers during a meeting. I had attacked them out of anger without thinking. These wounds are my fault... Leafpool was just trying to help me seek information about his and Hollyleaf's plans."

Jayfeather nodded, taking in the information. "Did you actually find anything out?" he inquired.

"Fortunately, yes," Stargleam replied, pausing to let out a cough. "Tigerstar is plotting to take down all four Clans one-by-one. He intends to start with ThunderClan. He also wants to kill me so the prophecy I'm involved in won't get in his and Hollyleaf's way."

"Did he give away where Hollyleaf is?"

"No."

Jayfeather nodded again. "Okay..." he said at last. "I'll go inform Firestar. For now, you're going to rest here. I'll have a warrior come in to give you something to eat." Before Stargleam could argue that she wasn't hungry, the gray tabby slipped out of the medicine den smoothly.

When he was gone, Stargleam let out a sigh and put her head down again, her pelt feeling uncomfortably sticky from marigold, cobwebs, and other various herbs. She decided to tell Firestar about what Yellowfang and Dustpelt had shared with her later. For now, she was exhausted and wanted to heal at least a little bit.

💫

This is the farthest I got with this story. Tbh I'm pretty satisfied with what I wrote. What sucks is that I was hoping to finish it before the school year ended, but that plan was a bust. Idk if I'll continue writing this, so for now I hope whoever read this far enjoyed it!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro