18 ❥ TRANSFER

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The teachers lounge at UA was bustling with the newest piece of information they were told about from the Principal, Nedzu.

"You'd think Nedzu would give the new student to me so we could at least be equal," The Blood Hero, Vlad King, grunted as he leaned against his chair and crossed his arms.

"Yeah, you already have twenty one students while Vlad has only twenty!" Midnight chimed.

The mummified man rolled his eyes, but nobody could see it. "It's not like I'm happy about the arrangement." He was already beginning to feel a headache at the prospect of yet another problem child. He wondered how much stress this one would give him...

"How'd she even get in so late anyways?" Snipe wondered aloud.

"Allow me to answer that!" Present Mic exclaimed, causing Aizawa's eye to twitch (he had been conditioned to react that way every time he heard Mic's voice). The blonde whipped out a file from out of the nowhere and raised it up as if they had microscopic sight. "Endeavor recommended her, but get this: She's his daughter!"

"Isn't his daughter too old to be attending high school?" Ectoplasm murmured.

"Aren't all his kids too old, other than Shouto?" Snipe added. He remembered reading a tabloid a couple years back making a huge deal about Endeavor's eldest son, Natsuo, deciding not to attend a hero school. The same went for Fuyumi years earlier. He couldn't remember hearing about another Todoroki.

"Uh uh, turns out he has another daughter. It's his youngest child, Todoroki Shiina who is also Todoroki Shouto's twin. For some reason, she's going under the name Kiberi Shiina." Present Mic explained brows furrowing as he continued to read through her file.

"Kiberi? How cute! That means 'precious berry'! Awwww, that's so sweet of Endeavor to name her that!" Midnight cooed.

"Why Kiberi and not her real name?" Vlad King asked.

Present Mic frowned, eyes plastered onto the file. "Says here Endeavor wants her identity kept a secret. Doesn't say why, though."

"Why keep her a secret?" Snipe wondered.

"Perhaps he wanted to keep her safe from villains." Cementoss guessed.

"But wouldn't the other Todoroki siblings be kept a secret too?" Snipe pointed out.

"You've been quiet, Aizawa." Midnight called out to the bandaged teacher. "Something on your mind?"

"Her name sounds familiar to me." He replied monotonously.

"Which one? Todoroki or Kiberi?"

"Todoroki Shiina." He swore he had seen her name before... a long time ago, that is. Wasn't there a magazine article he read fifteen years ago celebrating the birth of Endeavor's twins? Or was it just Shouto...?

"Hey..." Present Mic suddenly said, voice oddly quiet. "Over here it says her Quirk is N/A."

"Not available? So what, she's Quirkless?" Vlad King rose a brow.

"Not like that's a problem." Aizawa muttered under his breath, feeling defensive.

"No it would've said that," Present Mic murmured. "I think her Quirk is unknown for the time being."

"You're saying Endeavor doesn't know what his own daughter's Quirk is? Wasn't he the one who filled out the recommendation?" Midnight said in disbelief.

Before anyone could answer, the bell rang indicating that it was time for classes to begin. The teachers all sighed and rose up to their feet.

"Have fun telling your class about their newest classmate!" Present Mic shouted to Aizawa before strolling down the hallway.

...Great...

Aizawa practically dragged his feet to homeroom and once he entered the first year's hallway, he could already hear the ruckus his students were causing. Why did he have to end up with the rowdiest bunch of brats in all of UA? He never heard Vlad complain about his students.

He opened the door and trudged to the front of the class, ignoring Iida's shout to sit down. Immediately, the whole class quieted, staring expectantly at their teacher.

He sighed.

"Tomorrow you'll be having a new student—"

"—WHOA, REALLY?!"

"WHY ARE THEY COMING IN SO LATE, SENSEI?!"

"WHAT'S THEIR NAME?"

"ARE THEY A GIRL?! HOW HOT ARE THEY?!"

The whole room suddenly turned frigid and everyone started to shiver. Aizawa glanced over to Shouto, who was glaring darkly at a trembling, blue-lipped Mineta.

Aizawa internally groaned.

"That's enough, Todoroki." He said tiresomely. "Anyways, you'll be getting a new student. Yay. Now, back to class..."

"I regret to inform you that Kiberi Shiina will no longer be with us."

"What? She's dead?!"

"Are you blind, you idiot?! I'm right here!" Shiina snapped at one of her dumbass classmates. She was standing next to their homeroom teacher the entire time!

Mrs. Sagari pinched the bridge of her nose. She could already feel another strand of hair turning grey... "As you idiots can see," she began harshly, causing some students at the front row to shrink. "Kiberi-san is not dead (unfortunately). She will, instead, be transferring to another school: UA."

The class went silent and Mrs. Sagari managed to count up to five when they all blew up.

"HUUUUUUUUH?!"

"UA?! HOW'D YOU GET INTO UA?!"

"BUT AREN'T YOU QUIRKLESS?!"

"That's none of your goddamn business." Shiina sneered and was promptly whacked on the back of the head by a wrinkly hand. "Ouch! Watch the hair you—"

"—Quiet!" Mrs. Sagari barked. Shiina huffed, but stayed silent. The elder woman scrutinized the young red head and struggled to see what UA saw in her. Shiina was not only a Quirkless runt, but she was bratty, abrasive, and too provocative for her own good! There was no reason for her to suddenly aim for heroics unless she was just in it for the money.

She probably is, she thought with a snark. Though it still didn't explain why UA would allow a Quirkless student to attend so late.

"Now that we have that cleared out, you may go back to your seat, Kiberi." Mrs. Sagari said stiffly.

Shiina grunted in reply and returned to her seat, mind glued onto the fact that tomorrow, she'd be attending UA with Shouto.

She wasn't kidding when she told Endeavor that she wasn't interested in heroics. She never was. Maybe she pondered about it once or twice as a kid, but that was only because her father was and she wanted to be just like him. The idea was dashed down pretty quickly when she saw a fashion magazine. At first she wanted to be like those gorgeous models but realized she liked the idea of making clothes more.

Anyways, Shiina didn't want to become a hero. If a terrible person like Endeavor could become one, who's to say there wouldn't be more shitty heroes out there? Most of the kids at UA probably wanted to go there for the fame and money anyways (other than Shouto of course).

When the first set of classes were over and done with, Shiina quickly left the room and sped over to the cafeteria to meet up with the rest of her friends. She spotted them at a table on the far end of the room.

Ryuji saw her first. "How'd class go—"

"—Annoying!" She fumed, plopping down beside Mishima and scooting over to give herself more room (which made Mishima and Haru move over too).

"It couldn't have been that bad." Makoto said surely.

"It was," she insisted. "Everyone was all 'Oh how'd you get into UA I thought you were Quirkless wah'! It was super annoying!" She angrily shoved one of Ryuji's rice balls in her mouth.

"That was mine—!"

"You didn't tell them about your Quirk?" Mishima asked curiously.

"Didn't bother. I'd just deal with even more questions." She pouted.

"I'll really miss having you here, Shiina-chan." Haru sighed softly.

"Awww, Haru, don't worry! It's not like we won't see each other again!" She assured.

"I wonder what the inside of UA looks like," Ann had a dreamy look on her face. "I heard the cafeteria food is amazing...!"

"Careful there, you're getting drool on your curry." Ryuji joked.

"No I'm not!"

"The only good thing is that I at least have Sho-nii with me." Shiina smiled. Before she could say anything else, there were simultaneous mini vibrations that rang throughout the table. Since she already had her phone out, she checked the notification. "It's Yusuke. He wants to confirm the meeting time. Six o'clock at the Diet Building, right?"

"Mmhmm." Makoto nodded and Shiina typed up the confirmation.

"We still need to find out what Shido thinks the Diet Building is." Haru said. "I wonder how long that'll take us..."

"You guys use that weird app, right? The Metaverse Navigator or something?" Mishima asked. "How'd you stumble upon it?"

"Well most of us got the app after going into the Metaverse and awakening our Personas. In Shiina and Akira-kun's case, it was different." Makoto explained.

"For some odd reason the app came to them before they even knew the Metaverse existed." Ryuji said, scratching the back of his head.

"We're special." Shiina beamed.

He sent her a dry look. "No, Akira's special 'cause he gets to use multiple Personas. You're just... weird."

Her face fell. "Rude."

"I'm a little envious yet at the same time glad I didn't end up like you guys." Mishima admitted with a sheepish chuckle. "Envious because you go around saving people like heroes—well, technically you'd be called vigilantes—but glad because everything you do seems pretty dangerous."

"It's actually fun!" Shiina chirped.

"Mmhmm!" Haru agreed with a bob of her head. "You'll never know the pleasures of hacking a Shadow down unless you try it."

"Or tearing them apart!" Shiina added.

"..." Mishima fell silent.

"S-so when'll you be getting your Quirk registered, Shiina?" Ann said hastily to change the subject.

"Today right after school," Shiina answered. "My sister's going to be taking me straight to city hall. Whoever's helping us out with registration's probably gonna be shocked to see that I was previously Quirkless for fifteen years."

"But aren't you already registered there as Quirkless?" Ryuji asked.

"It's normal for people to update it once or twice," Makoto explained. "Originally, Sis thought her Quirk, Energizer, only allowed her to sap away other people's energy but some time during her preteen years she realized she could transfer the energy she stole to someone else or return it. So she had to go back to city hall and update her Quirk registration."

"What's the latest known age for someone's Quirk to first manifest?" Shiina asked.

"Mishima, didn't your's come to you when you were five?" Ryuji asked.

"Well, yes, my Empathy Quirk appeared during one of our class singalongs," he chuckled at the memory. "But I highly doubt five is the latest age."

"I heard it was eleven." Ann said.

"Really? I heard it was eight." Haru tilted her head.

Ryuji cracked a grin. "Maybe we should call the Guiness World Record. Have 'em interview Shiina, the oldest person in the world to manifest their Quirk."

She scowled at him. "You make me sound like an elderly lady!"

The two of them bantered about her youth up until lunch was over. After that, the last set of classes droned on by and she was more than eager to meet up with Fuyumi outside of school gates.

"How did your classmates react to you transferring over to UA?" The older woman asked with a smile.

"Freaked out 'cause they thought I was Quirkless." Shiina replied.

Fuyumi blinked. "You didn't tell them about your Quirk?"

"Didn't feel like it." She shrugged. They reached Fuyumi's sleek sedan and Shiina entered and sat beside her sister. "My friends were okay though, really chill about it. I told them about my Quirk and they thought Tullia was cool."

"Do you know what you're going to tell the people at the Quirk Registration?" Fuyumi asked her carefully.

"...I don't even know what they'll ask me..." Shiina admitted.

Fuyumi sighed. "Oh well... Guess you'll find out soon." She started the car and began driving away.

"Oh!" Shiina suddenly remembered the important task she needed to do after getting her Quirk registered. "Can you drive me over to the Diet Building afterwards?"

"What?" Fuyumi stole a quick glance at her before turning her attention back on the road.

"Can you drive me to the, uh, Diet Building? Please?" She smiled nervously.

Fuyumi looked purely bewildered. "The Diet Building? Why would you ever need to go there for?"

"'Cause I'm sleeping with a politician, sis." She joked.

"Shiina!" Fuyumi was aghast.

"Kidding, kidding," the redhead snickered. "I just thought I should start taking politics seriously, you know? I mean, I am going to be a future voter after all."

Fuyumi snorted. "Yeah, in three years. What's the real reason?"

Shiina rose a brow. "Wait so me shacking it up with a politician is more believable than me taking politics seriously?"

"Shiina."

Said girl sighed in defeat. "Fine, you got me. I'm a Phantom Thief and my friends and I are planning on giving Shido a change of heart."

Fuyumi gave her a dry look. "Right. Don't tell me, then."

Shiina inwardly smirked.

"And do you have something against Shido?" Fuyumi asked. "He's all for teenagers and the youth. I thought you would've liked him."

Shiina stared at her in horror. "Nee-chan, don't tell me you're voting for that man?!"

"I am." Fuyumi answered simply.

"No way!" Shiina moaned in despair. She could understand why Endeavor would vote for him, but why Fuyumi of all people?!

"What do you have against him?" She chuckled.

Instead of answering, the younger girl asked hastily. "What about Natsu-nii, who's he voting for?"

Fuyumi shrugged. "I don't know. You should ask him."

Quickly, Shiina whipped up her phone and sent him a fast text.

[Yo bro who u voting for????]

[Natsu: Shido, y???]

"Nooooooooooo!" The poor girl wept.

Fuyumi side-eyed her and shook her head. "Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with him..."

Tokyo's City Hall was a ginormous building that shadowed over Shiina and her sister as they drew closer. It was almost shaped like an H.

"How my help you?" The woman behind the counter said in a pleasant voice.

"Hi, my sister here needs to update her Quirk registration." Fuyumi said in an equally pleasant tone.

"Oh! Okay, please wait a moment while I call someone up to assist you." The lady motioned to the comfy looking chairs set off to the side.

The sisters waited there for several minutes until a man came up and lead them to his office. Shiina didn't really understand the whole process of Quirk registration, but she was pretty sure having the client write all the information down on a piece of paper was quicker than having to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Shiina and Fuyumi sat side by side as the man situation himself across from them, an expensive looking computer placed on the right of him. There was a small golden plaque on his desk that read 'Hattori'.

"So can I get your name?" He asked, straightening up.

"Kiberi Shiina." She said.

"Todoroki, actually." Fuyumi cut in. "Her real name is Todoroki Shiina but it was changed to Kiberi. I'm not sure which name is saved on there."

"Well, let's try the first name...... Ah, found it. It says here that you're Quirkless? Todoroki-san, is this correct?" Hattori asked.

Shiina nodded. "Mmhm, I was Quirkless up until two days ago where my Quirk first manifested."

His eyes widened in disbelief. "That's amazing...! You're fifteen, right? I rarely hear of someone gaining their Quirk so late... So far I only know of two people."

"Oh really? That's a bit relieving to hear." Fuyumi breathed out. "I didn't want my sister to see herself as an anomaly."

"It's really nothing to worry about," he assured. "One of the two people actually gained their Quirk at the age fifteen as well. Though he lives over at Musutafu. The other one, who gained his around a year ago, still lives here I believe. Anyways, enough about that. Care to describe your Quirk to me?"

"Uh."

So this was what Fuyumi was trying to prep her for.

He chuckled, seeing the lost look on her face. "How about we start with your Quirk's name?"

"My Quirk's name is... Persona."

"I'm here," Shiina announced her pretense, joining the rest of her friends who were gathered in front of the Diet Building. They totally didn't look suspicious at all! Especially Akira, what with his hood propped up and everything.

"How'd it go?" Ryuji asked her.

"Easy as pie." She grinned and took a quick scan of their surroundings. "Akechi's not here, that's good at least."

"Has he tried contacting you after what happened?" Ann asked curiously.

She shook her. "Luckily, no. I wouldn't know what to do if he did..."

"Let's begin at once." Makoto said, taking her phone out. "Police cars are making rounds, so we can't stay here too long. We already have 'Shido Masayoshi' and 'Diet Building'. All we need is 'what' he thinks of this place."

"I tried everything," Shiina muttered miserably. "'Castle', 'Skyscraper', 'Empire'..."

"Maybe 'Mt. Fuji' since it's the highest place in the country?" Ryuji suggested.

"Conditions have not been met."

"What about about a 'mansion'?" Ann guessed.

Haru frowned. "Since he's going to subjugate everyone as prime minister... perhaps a 'school'?"

Yusuke tried next. "What about an 'arena' like the Colosseum?"

"'Imperial Palace'?" Futaba said.

Makoto sighed and lowered the phone. "...It's no good."

"I thought we would've gained entry by now... Maybe we shouldn't have called Akira-kun here..."

Ryuji's face suddenly lit up. "Hey, you think he's guardin' his whole Palace with a barrier?" Everyone sent him confused looks so he continued on. "Shido stole the cognitive pscience research, right? Maybe it had some special move written in it."

"Dude, what?" Shiina furrowed her brows.

"Is that even possible?" Ann asked.

"Who knows? I've got no idea." Morgana sighed.

"There was nothing like that in the notes I saw." Futaba said.

Ryuji's shoulders slumped. "Anyways, what kinda person is Shido? I can't figure him out..."

Yusuke spoke up. "I did some light research on him last night, but I couldn't get a grasp on the type of man he is."

Ann glanced over Haru's shoulder and spotted a man speaking with a guard. "That man over there's probably a legislator, right? I'll try asking him." She walked over to man and started speaking to him. She wasn't that far away so the group could still hear.

"Excuse me..." She began shyly. "I'm a member of the newspaper club at my high school. May I speak with you for a moment?"

"Sure." He said uncaringly.

"What kind of person is Representative Shido? What's he think about the National Diet?"

He smiled at the mention of his name. "His stance is 'dedication for country'—it's how he's garnered everyone's trust. He's an admirable man of action with a first-class determination. I'd say he's a model politician. I believe he'll help create a wonderful future in which young adults like you can live in ease."

After spewing all that garbage, he finally walked off.

"An exemplary answer." Futaba rolled her eyes.

Ann sighed in defeat. "It makes sense he wouldn't tell teenagers anything unnecessary."

The next person to notice something was Yusuke. "Look over there! He's on a walkie-talkie..." They looked over to see one of the guards saying something to his walkie-talkie.

"Wait, is it about us?" Ann's eyes widened.

"That doesn't look good." Ryuji muttered.

"We should go before we're chased out." Shiina suggested.

Makoto nodded in agreement. "Let's have a strategy meeting tomorrow. Meet at Leblanc, okay?"

Shiina winced. "Oof, might be a little late since UA's not in Tokyo." Musutafu wasn't that far off, but still.

"Try your best. We won't start without you." Makoto assured.

When Shiina arrived home, it was just her, Fuyumi and Shouto. Endeavor had yet to recover and according to his doctor, he'll have to stay over for a couple more days much to the twins's delight.

Fuyumi was alone in the living room, watching the television. Shiina was about to dismiss it and go annoy Shouto until she saw Shido's shiny bald head.

"The criminals calling themselves the Phantom Thieves are no more." He began. "However, I believe that this country's citizens are still living their days in anxiety. These scandals only increase in our distrust of the current government. As a citizen myself, I am enraged!"

Shiina harrumphed.

"Shh!" Fuyumi hushed.

"What does it mean to be a politician with responsibility?" He continued. "Working toward personal gain without consideration of the country is outrageous! In order to save this country that has been tainted by villains, social reform is essential!"

"What a hypocrite." Shiina glared.

"What do you mean?" Fuyumi asked, giving her her full attention.

"Trust me on this, Sis. His bald head may be shiny but he's full of shade."

"Oh my god." Fuyumi rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious!" Shiina called out, disappearing into the hallway as her phone chimed with messages.

[Ryuji: Tried looking shidos interviews up online. They'll sound so goddamn fake]

[Yusuke: I checked his profile as well, but I couldn't find much outside of his title and education.]

[Yusuke: He's currently 53 years old, and has gone from being a metropolitan assemblyman to a representative.]

[Yusuke: Though he's a cabinet minister, he's split from the ruling to form the United Future Party.]

[Ann: Shido's a cabinet minister?! FR????]

[Idk what that is but it sounds high ranking]

[Makoto: It is. He was specially appointed the position. That's his current title.]

[Yusuke: Apparently he also won a contest for who people would most like to have as their boss]

[Psh, sounds like a high school contest]

[Ryuji: Loooool]

[Haru: Even the news sites write about him as though he's assured to become the prime minister]

[Makoto: If only we could find out the meaning behind Shido's words...]

She tucked her phone away and barged into Shouto's room.

"Watchu doin' nii-chan?" She hummed, throwing herself onto his neatly made bed.

"I'm doing my homework." He replied.

"Ew, sounds gross."

"Don't you have homework to do too?"

She froze. Oh yeah. She did. "I'll copy it from someone later." She said dismissively. "Anyways, aren't you glad that we'll be going to school together starting tomorrow?"

He nodded. "While I'm glad you won't be attending Shujin anymore, I'm a little apprehensive of the idea of you meeting my classmates. They're... quiet odd."

"Are you friends with any of them?" She asked hopefully.

"No."

"Aww, Shouto!" She whined, rolling around. "Well, whatever. Starting tomorrow, you'll have the bestest friend ever: Me."

"..."

"Shouto...?"

"..."

"You're so mean!"

"I was kidding."

— author's note —

This was so short, I'm sorry but next chapter is UA!!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro