67 ~ The Rituals Begin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

10K votes fast!

Suman POV

As I stared at the rising sun, with my arms crossed around my knees, close to my chest, I felt its light warmness soothing me and filling me with the new hope of life. A slight smile was there on my lips, and I rubbed my arms over my arms, recalling that I would become his wife now.

I would become the wife of Agastya Dev Singh.

I could not stop myself from giggling. He might have left the Suryagarh to reach here already. My lips curled between my lips, and I looked at Reva, who stepped towards me with a slight smile.

"What are you doing here alone? Suman," she asked and sat beside me, and I smiled, looking at her.

"Nothing," I muttered, and she chuckled, looking at me.

"You never told me," she complained, and my smile weakened a little before I replied.

"Kya batate Reva, hume to abhi bhi vishwas nahi ho raha ki hamara vivah ho raha hai unse,"

"What do you think I could tell you? I still cannot believe that I am getting married to him,"

She smiled, placed her hand on my forearm, and asked.

"How is he? I mean, he is a Prince, and how does he behave with you? Does he call you by your name or something special?" she asked in a slow voice, and I chuckled hearing her.

"He," I paused momentarily and looked at the orange hues of the sun spreading over the sky as we both sat in the garden. "He is amazing, Reva. He understands me like no one can. He does not make me feel low or unworthy, nor is he too special. He treats me so right. I mean, he cares for me but knows the boundaries. He loves me but does not try to cage me. He is impossible sometimes and too rude with his tongue, but he always wants good for me. I am the only one who causes trouble for him, and he gets irritated sometimes," I laughed a little.

"And?" she asked with the brightness in her eyes, and I smiled.

"And, he is so good. He loves me so much that sometimes it feels overwhelming and scary," I muttered, and she knit her brows.

"Why scary?" she asked.

I licked on my lips and looked at her. "It's scary that I feel that I might end up hurting us. But, I know he will protect both of us from that," I muttered, unknown if I was telling her or making up my mind for the future.

Second marriage – an act that society does not appreciate, especially if it's about a woman. And, that too, a lower caste, petite woman; the irony was that she was getting married to a Prince. I did not know what problems or challenges were waiting for me ahead.

But I knew one thing: if he were by my side, I would swim in the oceans, run in the mountains, and breathe in the storms.

"Suman," Suddenly, my attention was caught by Daadisa, and I lifted my eyes to look at her standing with slightly heavy breathing, and I asked.

"Ji, daadisa, aap kyu chale aaye, hume bula liya hota,"

"Ji, Daadisa, why did you come here? You should have called me," 

She smiled and signalled me to walk to her. I immediately did, and she held my hand and said.

"Everything is prepared; let's take the bath and get you ready. They might arrive any moment today," she said, and I just smiled, trying to hide my blushing cheeks.

I went with Daadisa to a big guest chamber allotted to me. Ranima had appointed a group of attendees, especially for me, and Queen Trisha was supportive. I did not know why, but there was something special about her.

She was being lovely and kind to me. Maybe she was aware of the struggles I had been going through. Almost two and a half years ago, nearly a year before the King's death, she married King Abhinandan. No one knew why they got married so urgently and in private. Nandani did not tell me much about it, and she never even talked much about it with anyone. Since Nandani's wedding, King Abhinandan and she had got detached a little. They would speak but it would be just ordinary and necessary things, there would not be anything similar like before.

But, Nandani and Queen Trisha had a good relationship; well, they had not interacted much. But, Nandani opposed their wedding initially when she got to know that Queen Trisha was four years older than King Abhinandan, and people say that King Rajvardhan had asked Queen Trisha to groom King Abhinandan before their wedding when he left Mahableshgarh and left for Pratapgarh due to Nandani's wedding.

I found Queen Trisha already there with a plate in her hand and Ranima handling the babies in her arms.

"Chaliye Suman, beth jaiye, snaan se pehle hum ye tel aapko laga dete hai, aapki twacha bhi nikhar jaegi or deh par baal bhi aasaani se saaf ho jaenge,"

"Come Suman, sit down; let me apply this oil on your skin. Your skin will glow up, and it will help in removing body hair too," she said, and I silently sat down on the small stool in the corner of the chamber and looked at her kneeling before me. I gently touched her hand and shook my head.

"Ranisa, please do not touch my legs. You are Queen, and I am nothing in front of you. Your love and kindness are more than enough for me. You are making me feel at home," I requested, and suddenly Ranima stood up from the bed and walked towards us.

"Esa na socho Suman, hamari Trisha to heera hai, aap kitni bhi vinti karlo vo aapko or hume ek hi netra se dekhenge, kyu Trisha?"

"Do not think like that, Suman. Our Trisha is like a diamond; no matter how much you request, she will see you and me with the same sight, right Trisha?"

Queen Trisha lifted her gaze to her and laughed a little.

"Ji, Maasa, Suman is our responsibility until she gets married. Let me fulfil my responsibility,"

She said touched my feet and began applying the oil. I flinched a little and added my hand to apply the oil by myself to my feet and ankles. She smiled and moved towards my arm and other body parts.

After that, I was asked to let the oil set into my pours, and then in the afternoon, I was requested to take the bath, and it took a lot of time than I expected. The attendees helped me clean, remove my body hair, smoothen my hair, and apply all kinds of oils and sand pastes to my body before giving me one last bath.

I felt as if a ton of dirt had been taken off my body. I felt immensely relaxed, and when they started getting me ready for the function, I felt sleepy.

Queen Trisha, Daadisa, and Ranima helped the attendees get me ready. They chose a beautiful cream and deep red coloured attire for me that was simple and elegant. Apart from my attire, they braided my hair and added nothing apart from that.

After that, they asked me to sit down.

"Suman, you have not eaten anything. Should I bring you something?" Ranima asked, and I shook my head with a timid smile.

"No, thank you, Ranima," I muttered, and Daadisa interrupted.

"Um, you are fasting for him, right? You will eat only when he arrives here," she teased me a little, and I nodded a little.

"Ji, Daadisa, I am feeling butterflies in my stomach," I replied in a slow voice, and Ranima chuckled.

"God Bless you, Suman; I really wish that all of your dreams come true," she muttered, and I sat silently until the day almost came to an end; the sun hid behind the horizon, and I just started to feel restless.

"They are coming today, right?" I asked Reva, and she nodded.

"Yes, they are," she said.

I tried to focus on my racing heartbeats, and my finger unknowingly started to scratch the back of my hand.

Suddenly, an attendee came running and informed me.

"They are now,"

A comprehensive, ear-to-ear smile appeared on my face, and I stood up quickly.

"Really?" I asked in excitement, and she nodded.

"They are just stepping in, and after that, we will have the refreshment, and then the function will begin," she informed me, and I just smiled, sitting back in the chair.

A lot of time passed in the chamber alone with Reva while everyone was busy treating guests.

"Suman,"

Suddenly, Nandani caught my attention, and I immediately stood up. She came running to me and hugged me tightly.

"We came," she jumped in excitement, and I looked at Princess Aishwarya walking with slow steps. I smiled in slightly shivery happiness.

"Oh my God," I muttered and pulled back from Nandani as Princess Aishwarya leaned forward to hug me.

I had been quite comfortable with Nandani since the beginning, but when I hugged Princess Aishwarya, it felt something different. I could sense the slight tremors in my body with the nervousness.

"Let's go, everyone is waiting," Nandani said, holding my hand. I looked at Princess Aishwarya, who pulled my dupatta slightly lower on my forehead and muttered.

"You are looking so beautiful, Suman,"

I smiled as they both took me towards the hall where the God Bharayi ceremony would be done. I was feeling nervous, more nervous than my previous wedding.

As I climbed up the stairs to the hall which was decorated with the sunflowers, jasmine and roses, I stared at the floor beneath me, the thick carpets were laid as I stepped ahead, I heard the noise dripping down to silence and I felt goosebumps running into my body when I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Suman, you have to sit there," Nandani muttered slowly and I lifted my gaze a little and my fell on him, looking back at me a slight smile. He was looking handsome, his face was glowing and I felt my heart beats race up with the single view.

I immediately lowered my gaze again and the image of his face, his hair falling on his forehead made me smile a little.

When I reached near him, he stood up and I felt insanely timid right in this moment.

"Kesi ho?"

"How are you?"

He asked in a very slow voice, only audible to me as the musicians were putting their melody in the function.

Nandani and Princess Aishwarya walked away from me and I looked at him forwarding his hand and touching my hands that were tied on my midriff. I flinched a little. Everyone was watching. My voice had hung in the throat and when he took my hand close to his mouth and opened my fingers to kiss my palm, I felt the rush of blush in my cheeks and he gently pulled me make me sit beside him.

It was full length couch and I tightened my fingers on his. I did not know why but in this moment I was having thoughts like what if I fell down, what if I stumble on his feet. Hushh.

"Tumne bataya nahi kesi ho?"

"You did not tell, how are you?" He asked and I blinked nervously and before I could answer anything, an old lady rose up from the couch and an attendee handed her a coconut, holy thread a few more things like bangles and all.

I immediately pulled my hand from his hand as she began walking towards me and I stood up quickly.

She smiled looking at me as I bent down to touch her feet.

"Suman, hum nahi jaante aapne hume jaanti hai ya nahi parantu hum Agastya ki Badi Maa hai,"

"Suman, I do not know if you know me or not, but I am Agastya's Badi Maa,"

She said and I adjoined my hands and bend down to wish.

"Pranam, Badimaa,"

She placed her hand on my head and muttered.

"God bless you and you should sit down,"

She said and I looked at him for a moment from the corner of my eyes and found him looking at me with the shock.

Why the hell he was shocked?

I kept my gaze lower and Badi Maa said.

"Spread your dupatta wide,"

I gulped and held the ends of my dupatta and she placed the things in it. My heart felt heavy with the ritual and suddenly he asked.

"What is this about Badi Maa? Would not I get the coconut to eat?"

Everyone laughed all of sudden and she replied.

"No, its only for her,"

I could not stop myself from smiling and looked at him.

"Koi nahi, aap isme se hi kha lijiyega,"

"Do not worry, you can eat from it," I muttered and everyone laughed even more.

He just stared at me with the smile and lip synced something that made me look away from him.

"Hum kuch or khaenge,"

"I will eat something else,"

Badi Maa walked back to her place and I looked at everyone stepping forward one by one and giving me gifts. I kept passing on those gifts to the attendee standing beside me and then Nandani walked up and the moment Princess Rudraja looked at me, she started her fake crying and leaned forward to come into my lap.

"Suttttttaaaaaaaaattttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,"

I smiled looking at her the attendees take the things from my dupatta as I forwarded my hand to take her from Nandani lap.

"Aww, my Princess, you are missing your Maasima?" I muttered and she made her cute face and suddenly she came closer and bit on my nose very hard.

"Aaaooouuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhh," I winced in pain and he chuckled hearing it. I immediately shot him an glare and he smiled.

"I taught her,"

"What?" Nandani yelled all of sudden and he immediately covered.

"I am just talking,"

And, then Princess Ruraja noticed Kunwarsa and started calling him.

"Aaaaattttttaaaaaaaaaatttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,"

He smiled looking at me and took her from my hand and she laughed looking at him.

"Atttaaaatttaaaaaaa,"

"Agastya," he corrected and she looked at him with the wide eyes.

"Agastyaaa," he said again and she just listened carefully.

"Aggaaatttttttaaaaaaaaaa," she questioned in her cute voice and he smiled.

"Yes, better," and she laughed and looked at Nandani.

"Rudraja, please stay in one lap for sometime,"

And, she started crying.

"Naaaaannnnnnaaaaaaaaaaa,"

Nandani sighed deeply and took her from his arms and walked towards the place where Ranaji were sitting with King Abhinandan and were indulged in the talk. She handed Princess to him and he looked at her with the shock.

"Handle her for sometime,"

He smiled looking at the Princess and took out his small knife from his pocket and gave it to Princess Rudraja. She immediately got indulged in it while sitting in his lap.

I just smiled looking at them and Princess Aishwarya walked to me with Queen Trisha.

"So, Suman, you have now officially became ours," Princess Aishwarya said and Queen Trisha muttered.

"Now, the priest will search for good timing of the wedding. And once that is fixed and haldi will be applied, you two cannot see each other before the marriage," Queen Trisha said and he immediately interrupted.

"Why? Look, if there is anything like that then I will not marry," he said and I immediately looked at him and he also looked back at me.

They laughed and he knit his brows. "What? Did you not hear what they said? What is the point of getting married when we cannot even see each other?" he muttered and suddenly Ranaji interrupted.

"Dekh lo Agastya vivah karna hai to thode din bina dekhe rehna padega nahi to poori jindagi bina dekhe raho,"

"See Agastya, if you want to get married then you will have to stay without seeing for a few days before the wedding or you can stay lifetime without seeing her,"

His face immediately turned frustrated and I gently held his hand and shook my head. He gulped looking at me and I could sense that he was feeling anxious with the waiting.

Ranaji smiled looking at him and I looked at Daadisa and Ranima talking to the priest.

"Everyone," Daadisa said all of sudden with a wide smile.

"Suman or Kunwar Agastya ke Vivah ke liye ek hafte ke pashchat ka mahurat bhot shubh hai, esa sanjog battis varsho me ek baar banta hai,"

"There is a very precious time for Suman and Kunwar Agastya's wedding and its in one week. This type of auspicious timing comes once in thirty two years,"

Daadisa said and my heart beats raced hearing one week.

"What? Just one week? How will all the preparations be done?" Nandani asked and Princess Aishwarya and Queen Trisha also knit their brows with the disblief.

"Ji, Daadisa, is not it too soon?" Queen Trisha asked and suddenly Kunwar Agastya interrupted.

"Done, Daadisa, done, and now if everything is done, can I take my wife somewhere to talk to her for a while?" he asked standing up and held my hand to make him follow him.

Ranaji showed him his eyes and he just rolled his eyes while walking down the crowd and walking out of the hall.

Another Update!!!

Do not forget to vote, comment and share the book.

Love you all ❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro