40. Unlikely Foe

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The first thing Romelle did, when they went in, was mark the first wall with a small symbol that soon disappeared on its own.

"It's for tracking purposes." She explained to Katie as they snuck out of the small kitchen and into the hallways.

Katie almost forgot that she was a dangerous individual who worked for a guild that captured her and Keith before,

"Have..you been working for the guild?" She asked cautiously as they pretended to be guards patrolling. The other galra guards were mostly dispatched so there weren't many of them to be cautious of in the hallways.

Romelle didn't answer for a long time but then sighed.

"I did." Her voice sounded somber even through the helmet, "I worked at the hope of my brother being released. When they told me Bandor had been murdered by some other prisoners, I nearly fell into their hands again."

"What stopped you?"

This time, Katie didn't hesitate to ask.

The guild leader was a snake, and the rest of the guild was viperous. How did Romelle manage to get out of that guild alive and away from those types of people? Sure, Katie had managed to escape them as well, but she had almost died in the process.

"...Oliver helped me." She muttered, just barely audible, and Katie wondered if that was the reason for both Romelle and Oliver's distance again.

"I confessed to him about everything— that I wasn't his real sister. Just a homeless altean that was picked up by his mother. It didn't take him long to figure out that I was also working for the guild the kingdoms feared the most." She explained as they kept walking, never falling behind one another, "He hated me for being lied to his entire life but decided to help me as one last tribute towards the sister he believed I was. When the guild came upon me shamelessly to ask for my service once more, they fell into his trap and he threatened them to release me or they would be killed."

Katie responded with silence so Romelle went on.

"Anyways, my relationship with Oliver can never be the same again." Romelle swallowed, and Katie was glad she couldn't see her face through the helmet. She didn't want to be shaken up by her emotions right now.

Soon later, they reached the opening to the prison cells. Katie expected this area to be one of the most guarded during the invasion, but there was no galra to be seen.

Romelle went down first, carefully and light on her feet, and Katie followed after, feeling suspicious. The outlines of the cells were exactly like how she remembered but when they came upon Allura's designated cell, it was empty.

Katie clenched her jaw in frustration as she thought of where they could possibly hide the Princess.

"Where do we go now?" Romelle questioned as they looked through the other cells, only to find some dead bodies and most of the captured gone.

"Princess Allura must be held captive by Lotor. We need to find her first." Katie said as she ran up the stairs knowing there would be no guards anyway. There was no need to be careful anymore.

"You look through the left wing, and I'll go right." Romelle said as they met a fork in the hallways, "we can meet up in the middle again."

Nodding, Katie took to the left, running through every room and corridor. To her luck, she found nothing until she encountered one last room with a huge metal door. Moving closer, she tried to open it but there was a security lock and she didn't know the pin.

She thought that was the worst of her problems until she heard sounds of footsteps behind her. Romelle's steps were light so it wasn't her.

Gulping, she backed her body up to the door and took out her sword, ready to attack the person coming from the corner.

As the footsteps came closer, Katie nearly dropped her sword at the familiar silhouette coming towards her. Her eyes widened when the shadow's face came into view.

"S-shiro." Her voice trembled as she uttered the man's name in a long time. He was Shiro except he didn't feel like him. A white streak had grown in his black hair, and his eyes were unusually dark as they stalked Katie down at her spot.

"Shiro! It's me, Katie!" She tried as she took off her helmet clumsily, "Pidgeon!"

Shiro didn't answer, only walked closer to her menacingly.

"I've— I've been living like this since you guys left." She went on, stepping back also because Shiro didn't look to have good intentions, "please, can't you recognize me—"

She was abruptly stopped when Shiro nearly stabbed her with his hand.

Was that his hand or a weapon?

Hadn't it been for her quick reflexes, his sharp hand would be in her guts right now.

She avoided it by a mere inch, but he didn't look like he was going to stop.

"Shiro! Why!?" Her voice cracked as she felt her eyes misting up. It had been a while since she saw him, and their first meeting, he tried to stab her.

"I'm sorry for not coming earlier. Please.." She continued, but his expression didn't change nor the murderous aura he displayed.

At this point, Katie knew her ramblings and pleads were useless.

Shiro had been changed, and he was now going to kill her.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Finally, A Shiro appearance after a long time 🤭

Will Shiro snap out of his trance, or will Katie have to fight him? 

Anyways, I'm finally on fall break again (🥹🥹). When does your break start?

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you have a good day! 💜

-Silver 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro