44. Found

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Katie was sure the Princess wasn't in the castle. She and Romelle had broken into every room possible and never caught a glimpse of her. 

She couldn't think of where Lotor would hide her either because she didn't know him well.

"Where would a crazy prince hide a princess he's obsessed with?" She thought out loud as she ran out of the gates freely, knowing the guards were out on the battlefield.

If the princess wasn't in the castle, where would she be?

She noticed that there weren't many other big buildings in this desolate place as she ran around, avoiding the battle.

As she was thinking of possible hiding spots, an arrow whizzed past her, hitting the hay wall behind. Turning her head in surprise, she realized she was being targeted by another galra.

Before she could get out her sword, she was surprised again by a person jumping the galra.

"Hey, watch it!" Carlos shouted, smacking the galra's head with the hilt of his sword until he became unconscious.

"Thanks!" She shouted to him and he gave her a nod from afar, shouting back, "Make sure you find her!"

She nodded, knowing the importance of her mission and the little time she had. Running through the galra village, she noticed that there were children of their kind, ones almost the same height as her. They watched her in fear, getting ready to run away, but she didn't have any intention to hurt them. 

Before she could even start to say anything or approach them, an emberlands knight knocked the hay wall beside them, pointing his sword at the children.

"Get back, they're savages!" He yelled at Katie, but she knew better than to point her sword at harmless kids.

"Sword down." She spoke disapprovingly as she put her hand on the top of his blade, lowering it and pointing it away from the children, "I'll handle this."

"Tsk. If you get killed, it's your own doing." He spat out, walking away hastily, and she almost laughed. A grown man seemed to be afraid of galra children.

Turning back to the galra, she noticed that they were still tense and on guard but not afraid of her.

"I won't hurt you." She slowly approached them, showing them her hands to show that she held nothing, "where are your parents?"

They stuck to each other until the oldest looking child spoke up, standing in front of the others.

"Fighting." The girl spoke with a thick accent, dark eyes full of hostility towards Katie, "fighting you humans."

She pressed her lips together, trying to think of a way she could take them to a safer place.

"I know I don't seem like the best person to trust right now, but you are in the middle of a battlefield." She started out, getting out the facts, "so let me take you to a safe area. Other humans will only continue to target you if you stay here."

The group, especially the girl in front, seemed skeptical until Katie blocked an arrow that was flying towards them with her sword.

"Come on." She said, pressing her brows together, "it's dangerous here."

After a pause of silence, the girl nodded, grabbing onto the hand of the smallest galra. Katie pressed her lips together as she led them through the safest route where there were only a few soldiers fighting. Through wandering a few times, she was able to find a small metal warehouse in the back of the village where they seemed to put their supplies of food and water.

"Stay here until you hear a horn," she told them, making sure the inside was safe for children, "and tell me if you see a pretty lady with silver hair."

Just before she was about to leave, a small voice spoke up and caught onto her sleeve.

"I.."

She turned back to see the youngest galra boy, looking up at her with big eyes.

"I saw the pretty lady." He said with the same thick accent in his voice, "pretty lady with hair like snow."

Her eyebrows lifted, surprised that the young child had seen the Princess.

"Did you see where she went?" She asked softly, leaning down to get on the same level of the child, "was there anyone else with her?"

He was quiet for a bit before leading her out of the warehouse and pointing towards somewhere.

"I saw them going there." He said, and her attention was turned to where he was pointing, a straw built house that seemed to be on the farthest edge of the village.

"Guards constantly guard the house." The girl spoke, stepping out of the warehouse and grabbing the little boy's hand again, "do what you want. Don't involve us."

Katie sighed from the hostility the girl sent her direction but thanked them nonetheless, prepared to raid the house.

As soon as she arrived, she noticed that there were still guards surrounding the house just as the girl had said. 

She should've noticed right away because no other building had been guarded this heavily, not even the castle. She must've missed it because it stayed hidden at the far edge.

Looking around, she counted at least 4 guards around the house, and she was sure there were probably more in there. Removing her sword from her sheath, she quickly moved towards the closest guard, disabling his weapon and knocking him out quietly. Luckily the other guards were too far away to notice so she continued with the same strategy, knocking out the remaining 3 until there was none.

Wiping her sweat and regaining her breath, she kicked through the straw house roof for the element of surprise.

"Hey!" 

She heard a mix of the galra voices but couldn't get distracted now. Using her skill of swiftness and her stealth, she managed to overpower the galra knights twice her size and knocked them out.

Panting, she nearly collapsed but saw that there was still a knight left.

"Get back!" He yelled, pointing his sword at her, and she let out a scoff. He didn't seem all that gutsy.

"You want to end up like them?" She asked, pointing to the unconscious galra behind her and when she saw him flinch, she smiled.

"Scram." Was all she needed to say for the man to scurry out the door, fear in his eyes.

When it was clear that no one else would come, she turned towards the tied up prisoner in the back and uncovered the bag on their head. Silver locks dropped out like waves and a sigh of relief left Katie's lips.

Smiling, she muttered, "found you."

————————————————————————

Happy New Year!! 🎊 

How was your Christmas? Any New Year resolutions? 

Mine is to sleep earlier and not procrastinate when it comes to writing (😅)

The Princess is finally found after many chapters 😭😭

What do you think will happen next?

Thank you all for reading and I hope you have a great day! ♥️

-Silver 💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro