24: To the north base

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Na... Nageishi?" Eden asked, her face falling slowly. From a cute smile to a dull, unreadable look. Fuyuko nodded, hand to her sides as she looked away. Almost as she was expecting something.

"So you were the one who-" Levi started, but he decided to not continue his words. Fuyuko nodded.

"You two... are you from the east base?" she asked.

"Wha- You know SilverWing?!" Eden asked, surprised. The bluenette tilted her head.

"Of course I do, I'm from the North Base." she stated in a deadpan tone. Levi and Eden glanced at each other for a second, surprised. So SilverWing had more than just the east and west base. That was good to know. It meant more people were alive in this crazy world.

"What are you doing out here, though?" Levi asked, curious.

"Searching for my sister." Fuyuko answered "Natsuko and I separated shortly aftet the Tragedy started. I want to find her." she explained, wanting to get back to searching as soon as possible. More time wasted equals less possibilities of Natsuko being okay. And she didn't want to lose time. Eden frowned.

"So she's not in any of the bases of SilverWing?" she asked. Fuyuko nodded, turning around. She started walking away from the two.

"Wha- Where are you going?" Levi asked, confused. Fuyuko stopped, turning her head to them. She had this cold gaze in her eyes, it made the personal stylist flinch slightly. It reminded him of...

Of hers.

"I'm going to continue searching for my sister." she stated, her gaze softened slightly as she turned her head away from them "I can't be losing any more time." she added, her heels clicking every time she took another step away from the killing game survivors.

"Wait! Isn't it dangerous to go alone?!" Eden asked, worried. Sure, Fuyuko made Arei's life miserable along with Natsuko, and the girl was not in the clockmaker's good side for now. But even so, it was dangerous to go alone.

Fuyuko stopped for a second, head hung low. She looked like she wanted to say something. "You two know what I did to my younger sister. So stop acting kind. It's better if you don't associate with me." she said, her tone sounded strained. Levi and Eden stared at her as she walked away.

"I feel... bad for her..." the clockmaker mumbled, a hand rubbing her arm. Levi turned his head to Eden, surprised. Her face showed worry and concern for Fuyuko.

"Eden..." he mumbled, surprised. Although he wasn't sure why he was. Eden's kindness knew no bounds. He knew that very well. The clockmaker was a genuine sweetheart. The literal embodiment of kindness.

"Sorry, it's just- She may have made Arei's life miserable, yes. But... she looks miserable too. And I can't help but feel bad." Eden explained, fumbling with her words as she spoke. Levi just hummed, understanding her point of view.

"Upupupupu!"

A laughter echoed through the street as both Eden and Levi froze in place, recognizing that sound all too well. Monokumas slowly started to surround the two, circling around them. "Y-You gotta be kidding me..!" Eden whispered, shakily taking out her gun. Levi gritted her teeth as he took out his machete, eyes darting all around the place.

2, 6, 10, 13, 17... 30 Monokumas surrounded them, all with their claws out. They were ready to attack them.

"Eden, stay close." Levi said as a Monokuma tried to jump on him. He quickly sliced it in half. Eden nodded, shooting down a few. The Monokumas laughed as they all charged at them at once, leaving them no chance to react properly.

Levi's eyes widened as he quickly pulled Eden towards him, shielding her. The clockmaker's eyes widened as some Monokumas sank their teeth or their claws onto Levi's skin. The personal stylist let out a cry of pain as he fell to the floor, nearly crushing his friend due to their height andbweight difference.

"LEVI!!" Eden screamed, tears in her eyes. The brunet was able to push some off of him, the robotic bears landing on the floor. They quickly got up, ready to charge again.

*VROOOM VROOOOOM*

The sound of a motorcycle caught the Monokumas by surprise. Looking up, Eden saw a flash of blue driving towards them. Her eyes widened. "T-That's!-"

Fuyuko drew out her pistol, shooting the Monokumas that were still attached to Levi. The bears fell to the floor, motionless. Eden could only watch in awe as Fuyuko ran over more Monokumas, turning the handle and doing a full circle on her vehicle as the whels crushed the Monokumas, robot parts and oil splattering everywhere. The bluenette parked in front of them, shooting down the last Monokumas.

Eden stared at Fuyuko in shock and awe, the tears in her eyes slowly rolling down her cheeks. The bluenette looked down at them. "F-Fuyu...ko..." the clockmaker mumbled.

"Get on, you two. I'll take you to the north base." she stated. Eden nodded, quickly getting up and helping the injured Levi on the bike before getting on it herself. Fuyuko started the engine again, picking up the speed as she drove off towards the north.

"Jeanne and I will be off now." Diana told Togo, who nodded.

"Try to not get discovered, you two." she warned them, worried for their safety.

"Don't worry bosswoman! We'll be super sneaky!" Jeanne beamed, a bright smile on her face "Besides, even if we did, we're strong enough to fend for ourselves!" she added, readjusting the satchel on her. Togo sighed.

"Jeanne, Mizuno ripped off your arm once. If we hadn't intervened fast and made you the prosthetic, you would have died there. I don't want you to do something reckless again." the novelist reminded the older Markey "Not only that, she has done more damage than just that. She burned our old club house, remember?" Jeanne huffed at Togo's lecture. Of course she remembered that. It was because of that fire that Togo lost her legs, after all. But she wasn't the stupid girl she was back then.

"I'll be fine Togo, I promise. Remember? The great Jeanne Markey never goes down without a fight." she joked, lightly bumping her fist against Togo's chest. The brown eyed girl sighed.

"Whatever you say. Just be careful." she mumbled, but due to the silence in the building, it was easy to hear those words. Diana and Jeanne only nodded, giving Togo a smile before heading off, leaving via the front door of the base. Togo just watched them, staring at the door even after the two had left, a hand over her chest, right where Jeanne had lightly fistbumped her.

David watched the scene from afar. Although he couldn't make most of it, it sounded serious. Togo turned her head to him, wheeling her chair towards him. "How are your vocal chords?" she asked. David grabbed a pen and a paper, quickly writing something on it.

"I feel better, but my throat still hurts."

"I see. Take it slow, don't force your recovery, or else you could damage your throat even more." Togo adviced him as she wheeled her chair away. David frowned, quickly grabbing her arm, tugging her sleeve slightly. Togo stopped, turning her head to him, an eyebrow raised.

"What's wrong?" she asked. David quickly wrote something on the paper again, his handwriting wonky.

"Who's getting revived next?"

Togo stared at the paper in surprise. But she quickly blinked, returning to her neutral face.

"It's someone very dear to you. Someone you still miss." she told him, gently grabbing his hand so he would let go of her sweater. David's eyes widened, quickly understanding who she meant.

"Anything else?" Togo asked. David simply shook his head. With that, Togo headed to her room. The inspirational speaker just stared down at his lap, his vision getting blurry.

"Xan...der..." he mumbled, letting small tears roll down his face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro