Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Several weeks later...

We returned home to our beloved Denmark. My father ran to the arms of his fair-haired mother while I stayed behind carrying our shields. "Thyra are you not going to greet me?" she asked. I walked passed saying nothing. Uhtred followed me all the way to the longhouse I had my own one next to my fathers. He walked in, it was cold till I lit the fire. He looked around, "nice place you have," he said. 

"Thank you," I replied and placed the weapons down gently. "Make yourself at home, this is your home now." I sat in front of the fire, placed a hand on my shoulder and rotated it slowly.  

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yes, it's just an old injury from battle, it has never healed d properly," I said. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"Took an axe to my shoulder," I sighed. "Come," I stood and walked to the door. 

"Where are you going?" he asked. 

"To show you around the village," I said and threw a deerskin at him. We walked down the slope the snow had just started to settle. "Don't slip." I took him to the main square where everyone was gathered with their wares to trade, many stared at the newcomer. "Don't worry they'll accept you soon." 

"What if they don't?" he asked. 

"Then they have to deal with me," I said. 

"Is that so?" he asked. 

"Yes," I said proudly. 

"You're back Thyra!" Two lads said rushing to me and wrapped their arms around me. 

"You two couldn't have missed me that much?!" I said. 

"We did. You must come to the hall and celebrate your return with us in the hall," one said. 

"I would love to, but are you going to out drink me?" I asked. 

"Is that a challenge?" he asked pushing red braids over his shoulder into his crimson locks. 

"Of course it is," I giggled.  

"Who's the new meat?" the dark-haired one asked. 

"This is Uhtred Ragnarson," I said introducing him. 

"Oh yeah, the Saxon that Ragnar's father took," he said.  

"Be nice, he's proven himself to be a worthy warrior," she said. 

"Oh really?" The red-haired one pulled me behind him. "Show me what you got!" he punched Uhtred first. 

"No!" I exclaimed trying to push the dark-haired one out of the way before he could take a swing at Uhtred.  

"Come on Thyra, let us have some fun," the red-haired one whined.

"No," I said and tried to split the men up, but it was my fathers' fearsome bellowing voice that split the fight up. 

"He's your brother, treat him like it! Thyra, Uhtred come with me," he said. I glared at the two boys and followed my father to the long hall. 

"Why did you call us here?" I asked. 

"No reason, just I don't want violence in my village," he said, Uhtred and l looked at each other and chuckled. 

"Always was a soft bear at heart," I said and nudged him in the arm. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro