6. ●A Perfect Dance●

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Life doesn't give everyone a second chance. If you're lucky enough to get another chance remember to hold it tight and make the full of it.

The past definitely holds some importance in ones life. If not anything but still the lessons we learnt from it.

On a cold December morning, Dehradun is quite a pleasant place. Cold breezes, snowfalls, uncertain rains and her favourite masala chai. And this is what makes Amaya Kareem loves about the winters. It's silence, it gives peace. Dehra is good place for her, away from everyone, every chaos. But still she misses him, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little.

Sitting by the hilltop, she is lost in her solitude. A certain voice brings her back, a familiar cologne fills her in, hugging her from behind.

"Missing me, already?" He whispers lightly near her ear, kissing the ear lobe in between.

"Why would I? Wake up man, I was just thinking about something.."

"..Something that's not me?"

"Something that's certainly not you.."

"Then you better stop thinking about that. Anything which doesn't include me shouldn't cross your mind, ever."

"Well I don't think so. I am an individual and I can have my own thoughts."

"Nahh not anymore. You belongs to me, never forget that."

"I belong to no one, I hope you get it by now."

"But I thought you love me?"

"I do, but that doesn't mean you own me."

"It does and it remains the same. Only few months left before you graduate from school. I want you to get these things clear."

"But..."

"... No buts.."

Turning towards him, she looks in to his eyes. As if looking for something, something which is missing.

Black against hazel brown. Obsession against hope.

And she fails to read in between the lines, he fails to see the reality. They fail to see the signs. They are lovers, crazy lovers, but companions? Only time will tell.

Ek muddat se teri yaad bhi ayi na hamein

aur ham bhuul gaye hon tujhe aisa bhi nahin

(I have not even remembered you for a long time And it's not like I have forgotten you)

~Firaq Gorakhpuri

☆●☆●☆●☆●

One will always think that maybe some lessons could have been learnt much easily than the hard way. Perhaps life would have always laughed at the thought. There's nothing as such easy way to learn a lesson and even if there is, still then the hard way would be thrown at our face.

Zain Amir has always been the one to think like that. He always asked himself this question what if life had not been so hard to him? What if he never got his heart broken because of some feelings which now seems stupid to him? What if, just what if Amaya Kareem came in his life a little earlier? Life would surely be so much better as he thinks.

Then the very next moment another chaotic thought came up in his mind, leaving it a complete mess. What if he did the same mistakes her ex-husband did and things didn't work out between them? Then his life would be nothing. As the thought came up everything started making sense to him.

Things happen for a reason and surely his meeting with Amaya at this point of life is for better. At least now at this point of their lives they both know what they don't want for themselves.

As for what they want, well we all are humans perhaps humans never know what they want in life, it keeps on changing with time. And Zain Amir is that typical kind of human who simply doesn't know what will he want in next five years but for now all he want is his friend's happiness. All he wants is to provide her with her share of happiness in life, something they both have lacked over the years.

No one knows what will happen next in their lives, yet they keep on thinking about it. Perhaps the past is just another lesson we all have learnt, some in the hard way and well some maybe in not so hard way, but some day one have to let the past go and move on in life with the lessons.

Now is the time to live, now is the time to breathe, now is the moment when one can make it happen, when one will make moments happy that will remain their in the canvas, tainting the void canvas of life with numerous hues of love, filling happiness all over it. They deserve it, more than anyone else, Amaya Kareem deserves her share of happiness in life.

It's been five weeks since Amaya's birthday, the things really changed over in this span of time, but the good note is, it changed for better, in a positive curve.
The departure of spring certainly doesn't bring sadness in their lives, the arrival of summer brings yet another warmness in between them.

Now there is no more hiding, no more denial for those nightmares which rarely visit Amaya now. If anything, there is this new hope that maybe after years she can rely on a shoulder. And that's all Zain Amir wants from his Amu. Just a little faith in him that he will never let her fall, never in this lifetime again. And Amu is trying, slowly but certainly.

Zain for now chose to live at the moment. He is quite aware of his feelings towards the girl with brown orbs, he knows where he had lost his heart and he is certain that it is in safe hands of Amaya.

He knows now he have a home to return, and maybe someone waiting for his return too. He also knows that when he lost his heart, he certainly didn't made the contract that she will give hers to him too, and at this moment after everything that girl had been through, he never wants her to lose her heart to anyone, not even to him.

She deserves happiness and her heart too, her love too. So for now, or maybe for a much long years, there is or will be no way in hell to put his feelings in words in front of her. He will surely not hide them, he never did. She will understand it by herself, maybe she already knows, maybe not. But telling her about his feelings and ruining this beautiful bond between them is never an option.

Perhaps with every passing day he is falling for her more, losing his sanity more finding himself more.

☆●☆●☆●☆●

Today there is an office party of Zain Amir and after much pleadings Amaya has agreed to be his date, finally.

Getting ready in his black dress suit, Zain Amir is ready to show the world his source of happiness. His best friend, his Amu.

The scene inside the very next door of Zain's is not much similar. After years maybe, Amaya Kareem is nervous for the first time. Business parties that too arranged by Zain's office screams danger.

A part of her doesn't even wants to walk out of the door knowing very well how badly this party could end. Yet another part of her knows one day she have to face it, and that one day better be today.

Maybe if she would chose another day to face it and that day Zain Amir won't stand with her, then what? At least today she will have her friend next to her to stand by, a friend who may give her a shoulder later tonight.

The clock shows 7PM and the certain fear engulfs her. No she can't go back to the hell, she can't go back to life she ran away from. No she can't go.

Suddenly her alarm goes off showing her home screen photo, a selfie of her and Zain. And that's the push she needed to take a step forward.

It's been years, and she had already lost so much. She is now twenty three no more a scared nineteen years old. It's time to face the world. And there are hardly any chance of people knowing her there. She would be there just as Zain's best friend, his date for tonight, that's all.

This is the step she have to take. She is living again, so visiting the past shouldn't haunt her anymore. She needs the courage to face it now and she will, with her smile she will conquer the world.

☆●☆●☆●☆●

Standing in front of Amaya's door, Zain lost a few breaths today. Clad in black long dress with a side slit, with minimum makeup along the red lipstick she looks eternal.

For a moment Zain Amir is ready to put his heart out on her feet today. And the moment he thought she can't look anymore beautiful, she smiled at him making him lose his sanity in the place. Their eyes clashed.

Amber against hazel brown. Love against hope.

"You're looking Serene Amu"

"You're looking human for the first time Zain" Her sassy reply made Zain come back to reality.

This woman will surely be the end of him. A chuckle left his mouth and slowly the corridor fills with their laughter. Taking his hand out for her he waits patiently and she holds it, with faith, with hope sighing a little, all she needs is courage and Zain knows how to give it for her.

Stepping inside the party, Amaya is quite impressed with the decoration, everything here screams elegance, power and mostly money. If it had been a few years back there would be a very different Amaya here but today she is nothing like that.

Today she is not lost, she truly belongs here. Amaya Kareem did it, she is nervous but she knows it's better now than never. Zain is surprised by the way Amaya mixed with his associates, as if she belongs here at the same time there's something about her that makes her stand out among the others. Amaya is surely the moon glowing amongst the dark sky full of clouds of people.

The way she keeps her head high, her sophisticated poise self, she talks in her sweet tone with a firmness presence in it. And by the end of the party there are admirers of Amaya filled through the hall.

"Mr. Amir I must say, she is a gem you got." Mr. Latif an associated spoke his heart making Zain simple smile and Amaya numb.

●●●

These high cooperates parties is not something Amaya like, hell she knows she hates them. But for him, she is here, always been. She is nervous and he left her alone here, as always.

Roaming around the hall a tall lean figure walks up to her. Clad in her red gown she looks nothing like nineteen. Her hands are shaking, the confidant Amaya is lost somewhere. Only thing keeping her sane is the silver chain bracelet, a particular charm giving her hope, that yes she can do it.

"Hey! I'm Fahad. What a beauty like you doing here alone?."

"I am here with someone he must be near by."

"Okay. But until that person comes up, mind to have a talk with me lady"

"It's Amaya"

"Amaya, I must say you look beautiful tonight."

By the time certain someone came back, Amaya and Fahad clicked off great together. Seems like long lost friends.

"Fahad?" A certain voice calls him.

"Hello Sir, this is.."

"..My date"

"Oh.. Well I must say Sir, You got a gem."

" Nothing like that. I got a worthless girl who never belongs here, never belongs to stand here. But you see a little grooming from me, and here she is now. Perfect."

A lone tears finds it's way out of those brown orbs, she surely doesn't belong here, but he can't just insult her. But now she can't say that aloud. And that's the mistake she did.

Yet another sign she missed, they missed.

●●●

"Well what can I say, I am glad I got Amaya. She is my best friend and a true gem I never want to lose."

His words are calm, brings her back to present, yet spoke loud enough to let her know, Zain Amir knows his limits, he respects their relationship, their friendship.

Amaya after years today feels blessed to have him in her life. Not for once Zain left her alone in the party, he always remains next to her. Telling her lame jokes every now and then, calming her and making her enjoy the party, sharing few office gossips and what not.

He knows she may anytime wants to go back and he wants to be there for her. She had suffered alone enough, not like she can't handle it herself, of course she can.

But he wants to be there for her, every time. He wants her to have her share of happiness in life perhaps he promised himself to give her that.

Nearly the end of the party and few couples are dancing on the centre.

"Dance?"
Zain whispers near her ears.

"I'm wearing heels Zain."

"So what? Come let's go."

Without waiting for her answer, he dragged her to the centre.

The music changes and they started losing themselves in each others eyes.

//I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine //

Looking in Zain's eyes, Amaya knows she's gonna lose her heart again but this time, she also knows not to loose herself along with it.
Zain's affection towards her is something she always wants, a person who will make her fall for herself too. And that's what she has always asked for.

"You and me are a perfect match, never believed anything else"
Zain spoke in between the dance.

"Isn't this the dialogue from Dark?"

"Oh shit Sherlock! you get it right. Never mind, dialogues are meant to be used practically."

"So you are showing practical use of famous dialogues now, Zain?"

"Yeah, maybe"

// Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight//

As the song came to the end Zain thanks his stars again, she is perfect in everyway.

Coming near her he gives his charming smile,
"That's a Perfect Dance Amu."

"A perfect us Zain"

"Indeed. Thanks for coming with me."

"Thanks for bringing me along."

"I will be there for you,"

"Always?"

"Always forever, Baby."

They smiled again perhaps they are a perfect match, maybe always been one.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So...... How's it? Please do let me know.

How are you guys doing?

How are you guys even dealing with this pandemic?

Hopefully you all are safe and so as your family.

My instagram handle is @kefimysa.

Do follow me there.

Take care of yourself and be happy.

Dedicated to all those who are reading!!

All these beautiful covers are made by thatabayagirl  . Thank you so much for this.

Coming to next I changed the title of the book from SEREIN to TAINTING THE VOID CANVAS. Do let me know how's it. And go follow thatabayagirl you will love her love. Sending you virtual hugs and kisses.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro