14/Francis Kinloch

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Laurens

Ever since I broke up with Alexander, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Being single is great. You don't have to worry about getting cheated on and you can talk to other people without someone getting jealous.

It's kinda awkward because we live in the same house. I try to avoid him as much as I can. I kinda feel bad because I don't like to hurt peoples feelings but he got what he deserved. And Peggy kept her word, I had to keep her from literally attacking Alexander.

Now the whole school knows that we broke up and how Alex is a lying cheater.

But anyways, we're getting a new student in my homeroom class. I grab my stuff from my locker and head to class. I pass a group of students talking to Alex. They push him up against the lockers. I go over to them and break them up. Even if he is my ex, I'm still gonna help him.

"Leave him alone," I say calmly. The three boys look at each other walk away.

Alex straightens out his shirt. "Thank you."

"Mhm." I walk away but he grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him.

"John, I'm sorry about what happened. It was a stupid mistake and I know I really hurt you, and-"

"It's fine. I forgive you. And you talk too much."

"You shouldn't forgive me. I don't deserve it."

I shrug. "I can't hold a grudge."

He pulls me even closer and I feel my face heat up. "I still don't deserve to be forgiven."

"I don't care."

He leans in to kiss me but is interrupted by the bell signaling our first class.

"See ya later Hamilton," I say, pulling away from him and walking to my first class.

The new kid never showed up to class. Maybe they weren't coming today. I walk out the door of the classroom and start to walk toward my locker when I accidentally bump into someone and we both fall on the floor.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," he says as he picks up my books.

"No it's okay," I say as he hands me another book. He stands up and reaches out his hand to help me up.

"Sorry about that. I'm Francis Kinloch by the way."

"John Laurens."

"You don't happen to have a schedule do you?"

"Yeah I do." I take my schedule out my bag and hand it to him. "We're going to lunch right now."

He gives the schedule back to me. "You can sit with me at my table if you want," I offer.

He smiles and nods. "Thank you."

I put my books in my locker and we walk to lunch together.

Hamilton

At lunch, John is hanging out with the new kid. His name is Kinloch or something. I don't even know him and I already don't like him.

"Alex," Burr says. "You alright?"

"What? Oh yeah I'm fine."

"You sure? You seem upset about something."

I look over at John and the new kid. "I'm fine..."

Burr follows my gaze. "John again?"

I look down and nod. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "They just met. I don't think they'd get together that quick."

I sigh. "Maybe not."

Finally the school day ends and we can go home. I don't wait for John anymore. Instead I walk home alone.

When I get home, I throw my backpack on the couch and take out a pencil and paper. I go to the table and start writing.

I hear the door open then close. I quickly put up what I was writing and meet John at the door. "Who was that you were talking to today?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I just want to make sure you're safe."

"I'm not a kid Alex. I can take care of myself."

"But I still wanna make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine."

I look down and sigh. "I love you," I mumble.

"What?"

"N-nothing."

He goes upstairs and leaves me alone in the living room.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro