3/Biggest Party Of The Fall

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Friday is finally here and I am nervous beyond belief. I'm scared to go to this party. I won't know anyone beside my friends and they'll be doing their own things. I can't just cling to them like a little puppy.

Eliza most likely won't let me hangout with Alexander, Angelica will be with John Church, Peggy will be with Maria, and Lafayette and Hercules will be together. I guess I could try to hangout with the 'Southern Motherfucking Democratic Republicans' or whatever they call themselves. But Madison and Jefferson are dating and Burr will most definitely be with his girlfriend.

I am NOT hanging out with Charles Lee. I hate him.

The bell rings signaling the end of the day. My heart is pounding. I'm getting so worked up over nothing.

I'll try to hangout with Peggy and Maria I guess.

I find them at the end of the day and go to them. "Hey guys. So this is a weird question, can I hangout with you at the party tonight?"

Maria nods. "Of course. Why wouldn't we let you?"

I shrug. "I'll just be third wheeling really hard and wanted to make sure you were okay with it."

"We're fine! And you can come to my house to get ready!" Peggy says happily.

I walk home with them to the Schuyler mansion. It truly is a breathtaking house. I've been here a lot though because Peggy and I had been friends since we were kids. I'm kinda nervous because Eliza is Peggy's sister and... well you get the idea.

We make it up to Peggy's room and she pulls out loads of makeup from a desk drawer. I assume she never uses them.

Peggy and Maria do each other's hair and makeup then pick out outfits. Maria has a red halter top, black shorts, fishnet stockings, and black heels.
Peggy has on a yellow off the shoulder top a white skirt and white shoes. Most likely her cheer shoes.

Now it's my turn. Maria does my hair up into a crown like braid around the back of my head and leaves the rest loose. Peggy does my makeup and picks out an outfit from her closet. A pastel green crop top, a black miniskirt, and black lace up heels.

I look at myself in the mirror. "W-wow. Thank you. Are you sure people won't make fun of me because I'm a boy in a skirt?"

Peggy and Maria smile at their work. "No problem! And if they do I'll fight them." Peggy says.

I look down at the scars on my arm. I'll try to ignore them the best I can.

At the party, the second I open the door the scent of weed and alcohol hit me.
I step through the door and turn to Peggy and Maria. "I'm gonna go get a drink."

Instead of going to get a drink, I make my way over to Alex standing in a corner by himself. I know I said I wouldn't but he's still my friend.

"John?!" he says shocked. "You look gorgeous."

I start to blush. "Oh. T-thanks."

He looks around. "You didn't come with anybody?"

I shrug. "Unless you mean third wheeling with Peggy and Maria, then yeah I came with someone."

He smiles. God, that smile and those big brown eyes...

I'm suddenly pushed out of the way by someone. The demon queen of high school.

"Hey Alex~" she says sweetly. I actually used to like Eliza. Until she started being a bitch to me.

"Eliza, what the hell? I was talking to him!"

"Yeah well you're talking to me now," she says and grabs his hand forcefully.

"I-i guess I'll talk to you later Alexander.." I say turning away.

"That's right. Run along skank!"

I feel tears prick my eyes but I blink them away and run to a bathroom.

(Que Michale in the Bathroom ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"I am hanging in the bathroom at the biggest party of the fall. I could stay right here or disappear and nobody would even notice at all... Everything felt fine when I was half of a pair. And through no fault of mine there's no other half there. Now it's just Laurens in the bathroom, Laurens in the bathroom at a party. Forget how long it's been. I'm just Laurens in the bathroom, Laurens in the bathroom at a party, no you can't come in! I'm waiting it out till it's time to leave and picking at grout as I softly grieve. I'm just Laurens who you don't know. Laurens flying solo, Laurens in a bathroom by himself... I am hiding but he's out there just ignoring all our history. Memories get erased and I'll get replaced with a newer 'cooler' version of me. And I hear a drunk girl sing along to Whitney through the door- I wanna dance with somebody! And my feeling sink cause it makes me think: now there's no one to make fun of drunk girls with anymore... I choke back the tears. I'll wait as long as I need till my face is dry or I'll just blame it on weed or something in my eye! I'm just Laurens who you don't know! Laurens flying solo! Laurens in the bathroom by himself! They're gonna start to shout soon. Oh hell yeah I'll be out soon. It sucks you left me here alone. Here in this teenage battle zone. I feel the pressure blowin up! My big mistake was showin up! And I can't help but yearn for a different time. And I look in the mirror and the present is clearer. There's no denying I'm just.. at a party. Is there a sadder sight than.. Laurens in the bathroom at a party. This is a heinous night. Wish I offend myself instead, wish I was never born! I'm just Laurens who's a loner so he must be a stoner! God he's such a loser! Laurens flying solo! Who you think that you know? Laurens in the bathroom by herself. Oh, by himself. All you know about me is my name, awesome party I'm so glad I came."

I look at myself in the mirror. I push down some pieces of hair and walk out of the bathroom. I bump into someone.

I quickly rush off to find Peggy. I can't find her or anyone for that matter. I run to the porch to get some fresh air. I run into another person. Except this time it's someone I know.

I rub my head. "Eliza?"

She looks up at me with a tear streaked face. "Don't talk to me. You've done enough. And now because of you he broke up with me! Fucking skank!"
She gets up and runs away from me.

I feel terrible. I made him break up with her? How could I do this? I see Alex coming towards me. I hurry and get to my feet and brush myself off.

I look up at him. "Did you break up with Eliza?"

He nods.

"Why Alexander?"

"She's always mean to you. And she's kinda mean to me sometimes."
I nod in understanding.

He hugs me close and I hug back.

"If you ever need anything Alex, I'm always here."

He nods and suddenly leans in and kisses me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro