5. Sweet on the Outside Pt. 1!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

oⲥᏂᥲⲕⲟ 🇺𝘳ᥲ𝘳ᥲⲕᥲ

The air in the bakery is thick with the scent of cupcakes fresh from the oven, chewy chocolate cookies, and the sour zing of lemon juice. Tiny specks of powdered sugar dance around in the sunbeams that filter through the window, tickling my nose and provoking a sneeze. 

I never thought I would get over the wonder of working in a bakery, but all I can think of right now is fresh air. I lean around the doorway slowly, as careful as can be, and take a peek at the dining area. A woman with wavy lilac hair and pale blue skin was one of our sole patrons, sitting at one of the tables closest to the front and idly stirring a cup of coffee as though she had all the time in the world. 

I grumble softly, returning to the safety of the kitchen. The woman's name is Kizuki Chitose, and nothing good can come from her being here. "Uraraka?" My boss emerges from his office and towers over me (He's really tall!), a questioning look on his face. 

I shush him quickly, holding a finger to my lips desperately. "Mr. Sato, please! She can't know I'm here!" 

Mr. Sato scratches the back of his head. "Who can't know?"

I gesture out to the tables, and he looks out to see who I'm so afraid of. "She's with the press!" I hiss. 

"Oh." Mr. Sato turns back to face me, his normally kind face now hard-set with anger. "Would you like me to kick her out?"

I bite my lip. The offer is tempting, but it would be bad for business if word got out- And it will, if "Miss Curious" has anything to say about it. And really, Solar Sweets barely has a reputation to tarnish as is. For being six and a half feet of pure muscle, Mr. Sato isn't very argumentative, so a few meager advertisements are the most recognition we get here. "That's not necessary but thank you." I say finally. 

"All right, then." He rumbles. "If anything happens, call me immediately."

"I will." I promise, not intending to at all.  And with that, I return my lonely vigil of the ovens, waiting for my desserts to finish baking. The door chimes, and hope surges through me. Maybe she finally left! Or even better- Maybe it's Deku!

I head excitedly out to the front, overjoyed with the prospect of seeing my amazing boyfriend. "Deku!" I cry happily before I can stop myself, but instead of bright emerald eyes, I'm met with golden ones. 

"Close, but it's Denki actually." The customer smiles cheerfully, running a hand through his sunny blond hair. "I get the feeling I'm not who you were hoping to see though, huh?"

I blink, my cheeks growing warm with embarrassment. "Sorry, that was unprofessional... I thought you were my boyfriend."

Denki (Is that his first name, or his last name? I feel so awkward.) laughs, the bright sound helping me relax a little bit. "No worries at all! I get so excited to see my girlfriend, I feel like I look for her everywhere. Alas, she's hard at work, bustin' spies." He covers his mouth. "Oops, discreetness. I always mess that up."

I nod knowingly, a twinge of sadness tugging at me. I feel bad that someone as cheery and friendly as him has to experience the anxiety and loneliness of having a significant other that works in the WatchTower Corps. "I won't tell... Now, what can I do for you?"

Denki leaned on the counter, raising his eyebrows. "Tell me what's bugging you." He said. "It always helps to talk it out." 

My eyes widen; How random! I worry about trusting anyone these days, much less a customer that I've never even met before. "I-I'm sorry, I have to keep this businessy- I don't want the bakery getting a bad rep because of me. That's very nice of you, though, I appreciate it."

He nods; It seems like he takes everything in stride. "I get it. Oh hey, you got anything with blackberry in it? It's Kyoka's favorite." 

'Kyoka?' Deku may have mentioned her before. I lean down to the bakery case, pulling out a tray of truffles. "We just made these today, blackberry and dark chocolate truffles. They're very good, but not for everyone."

"Just like her." He chuckles. "These are perfect, thanks! Can I get four, please?"

I put the truffles in one of our pale pink confection boxes and tie it up with a glittery gold ribbon adorned with stars, then set it on the counter while he pays. "Here you go! Have a stellar day." I smile, and I really mean it this time- Rather than it being just the company catchphrase. 

"You too-" He squints to read my nametag. "Uraraka! If you ever need anything, I work down at the Mitter-Nacht Radio Station! Just ask for Kaminari."

"Thank you." I say, touched by the kindness of a stranger. 

"See you around!" Kaminari waves as he leaves, and I wave back. Unfortunately, this catches the attention of a certain purple haired woman sitting nearby...

To be continued soon!! (Because I'm lazy [No, it's because I don't wanna wait to publish :0])

Denki sure is cute, huh? He's like an uncle...Such happy vibes, and such kindness! He's one of my favorites ^^ But comment here, tell me who your favorite is, and why! AS always, thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote if you liked it, and of course leave me your thoughts and opinions in the comments! PLEASE DON'T BE A SILENT READER!!

GO BEYOND!

PLUS ULTRA!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro