07 │reflections

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Abbey now sits on the seat across from Nathan, hands clenched tightly onto the gate as she peers through it at the buildings below. She instantly recognized Sammy's scream and, granted she was with the others in the Death Ride, she can't help but shake the feeling that something isn't right. The Ferris wheel is sitting still and, although they've really been on it for no longer than a few minutes, it feels as if they have been stranded on the machinery for hours.

"I'm sure it was nothing." He says, trying to calm her as he lightly grips onto the back of her shoulder.

"That didn't sound like nothing to me, Nathan." Her voice clearly indicates that she's beyond worried as she continues to stare forward. "That sounded like a scream!"

Nathan smiles reassuringly as he steps forward to sit on the seat next to her. "Remember who we're talking about here. I'm sure they're just messing around."

She turns to him, feeling even more uneasy than before although she knows that he's probably right. If you put Connor and Trey within a 50 mile radius, and especially if you're going to add booze to the equation, expect there to be havoc. One of the many reasons why she was hesitant to come tonight. "What about the power?"

"I sent a text to Trey." He sighs, glancing at his phone to see that he has yet to get a response. Rubbing at his forehead, he shares the same gut feeling that something is off but he doesn't say anything as he'd rather not make her even more unnerved than she already is. "I'm sure they're gonna get it back on soon."

Nodding, she looks back through the gate in the passenger car. Her eyes immediately lock onto the Death Ride, looking for any sign of movement at the ride's open entrance.

A mirror rattles against its frame as Vanessa is slammed up against it, Connor aggressively shoving her up against the glass as he kisses at her neck. Her left hand smears against the glass as she reaches out with the other, grabbing him by the back of the head to pull him up for a kiss.

The two laugh, losing the light glaring from Connor's phone as they manage to pull themselves deeper into the web of mirrors. They break apart as, suddenly, darkness surrounds them.

"Shit." Connor says anxiously, bumping into a mirror. "Vanessa?"

"Ow, that's my toe!" She squeaks, her high heels clinking against the floor as she takes a step back.

"Sorry." He says, pulling away from her as his hands drift in the air to find the wall. "Hold on I can't—"

Connor cuts off suddenly. Another mirror trembles in its frame as something is shoved up against it.

Taking another step back, Vanessa looks around the gloom nervously as if she could somehow see through it. "Connor?"

She can hear footsteps nearby, perhaps approaching her, but he still doesn't respond. Starting to panic, she can feel her body shiver as she reaches into her bra to dig out her cell phone.

"Connor?!" She calls out again. Attempting to unlock her phone, she tries her best not to drop it to the floor as the device quivers in her hand. It flashes a message saying that she had entered the wrong pattern and she tries it again. "Shit."

Finally, her phone illuminates the mirror behind her as she manages to unlock it. She quickly scrolls through a screen on her phone to find her flashlight application and opens it, the camera light promptly cutting on to reveal—

Connor, wide-eyed and clinging onto his neck as he wheezes helplessly for air, blood oozing from in between his fingers as he stumbles back into the mirror directly across from her. Standing beside him, Teardrop holds his bloody carving knife up in the air as he tilts his mask to examine her. His haunting image reflects from several of the mirrors surrounding her and, in her distraught state, she feels as if she has been ambushed by a pack of sadistic clowns.

Screaming, Vanessa watches as Connor slides against the mirror and down to the floor. His arms fall limp as he lands on his side, letting out a final gasp before his eyes go dull. Still screaming, she backs up into the mirror—almost with enough force to break through it—and, just as Teardrop lunges at her, she drops her phone to the floor.

The light cuts off, darkness once again engulfing the building.

♫ sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀs / ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴs ♫

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro