[ 007 ] Sisterhood

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was morning now. Andrea still knelt next to her sisters dead body. She still hadn't turned yet.

I sat on a tree stump, playing with my hands, still trying to process what happened last night. Daryl threw a pickaxe into the heads of the dead, so they wouldn't turn. T-dog and Glenn threw the bodies into a fire, burning them.

"She still won't move?" I heard Rick's voice. I tuned into the conversation he was having with some others.

"She won't even talk to us." Lori said. "She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it." Shane spoke up.

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick said.

I watched as he walked over to Andrea, kneeling down a little bit. My eyes widened as Andrea pulled out her gun, pointing it at Rick.

"Im sorry. Im sorry." He said, backing up. Andrea slowly put her gun down once he left her alone. She turned back to Amy.

"Y'all can't be serious." Daryl said, walking up to the others. "Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb."

"What do you suggest?" Rick asked.

"Take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here." Daryl said, motioning to his head. "Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No. For Gods sakes, let her be." Lori spoke up.

Daryl had walked off to help Jim burn the bodies. Glenn approached them, confused to what they were doing.

I looking down at my hands again, tracing all the lines on my palms.

"We don't burn them!" Glenn yelled. I looked up at the sudden noise. "We bury them, understand?"

Glenn and Morales dragged one of our people to the other row to bury.

"You reap what you sow!" Daryl called out.

"You know what? Shut up, man." Morales suddenly said.

"Y'all left my brother for dead! You had this coming!" Daryl yelled, pointing to the dead bodies.

Jacqui walked over to Jim and looked at him. "Are you bleeding?" She asked.

"I just got some on me from the bodies." Jim assured.

"That blood is fresh. Were you bit?" She accused.

"A walker got him." She announced to the group. "A walker bit Jim."

Everyone stood up, including me. Jim began to back away.

"I'm okay. I'm okay."

"Show it to us." Daryl demanded.

Jim turned around, grabbing a shovel, ready to defend himself.

"Easy, Jim." Shane said.

"Grab him!"

There was commotion as T-dog grabbed Jim from behind, restraining him. Daryl quickly lifted up Jim's shirt- revealing a bite.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." Jim cried as Daryl and T-dog backed away.

"I'm okay."

-

"I say we put a pickaxe through his head. And the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl voiced his opinion.

"That's brutal. He's still alive." I said.

"She's right. Is that what'd you want if it were you?" Shane asked, looking up at Daryl.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."

"I hate to say it-- I never thought I would-- but maybe Daryl's right." Dale said.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale. Or some rabid dog." Rick spoke up.

"I'm not suggesting--"

"He's sick. A sick man." Rick interrupted Dale. "We start down that road, where do we draw the line?"

"The line's pretty clear. Zero tolerance for walkers, or them to be." Daryl said.

"What if we can get him help? I heard the C.D.C. was working on a cure." Rick suggested.

"I heard that too. Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." Shane spoke.

"What if the C.D.C.'s still up and running?"

"Man, that is a stretch right there."

"Why? If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the C.D.C at all costs, wouldn't they?" Rick questioned.

"If there's no government sending out armed forces, I doubt there's gonna be any army protecting the C.D.C." I spoke up

"We don't know that. I think it's our best shot. Protection, shelter--." Rick was cut off.

"Okay, Rick. You wan't all those things, all right? I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base. Fort Benning."' Shane told him.

"That's 100 miles in the opposite direction." Lori said.

"That is right. But it's away from the hot zone. Now listen to me. If that place is operational, it'll be heavily armed. We'd be safe there."

"The military were on the front lines of this thing. They got overrun, we've all seen that. The C.D.C. is our best choice and Jim's only chance." Rick pushed, not backing down.

There was a short silence.

"You go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do. Someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!" Daryl yelled, running towards Jim, pickaxe raised.

"Hey hey hey! We don't kill the living." Rick rushed behind him, pointing a gun to the back of his head.

"That's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head." Daryl scoffed.

"We may disagree on some things, not on this. You put it down." Shane ordered.

Daryl stuck his pickaxe into the ground and stomped off. Rick helped Jim off the ground.

-

We all sat down again, deciding what we were gonna do. I brought my bottle of water to my lips, taking a quick sip.

I closed the lid and put it down. I stood up, seeing Amy's reanimated body reaching for Andrea.

"Shit-" The sudden gunshot made me jump. Andrea had put a bullet through her sisters head.

Amy's body fell to the floor and Andrea leaned over her again. I watched for a few seconds, guilt filled my whole being. I couldn't imagine having to do that to one of my sisters. The mere thought made my stomach churn.

It was Jordans fourteenth birthday. My younger sister. She had wanted a pool party. So in the morning, me and my older sister, Ximena, went to the store to buy some pool floats and what not.

"-and I told him- leave me alone, we're done, but he like- couldn't get the picture." I retold a story as me and Ximena walked through the pool aisle.

"So he kept following me, and he was like- practically crying and kept saying some totally cheesy stuff. And I was like- 'okay, take a chill pill'." I carried on. "But he just didn't get it, so my friend had to come in and like- scream at him." I laughed

"Uh-huh." Ximena said, looking at the shelves. "What's our budget?" She asked, looking at the prices.

"Uh, mom didn't give us one." I answered.

"Good." She said, pulling a box from the shelf. It was a huge pool float. "Help me with this."

"Get like, two more." She said as we put the box onto the bottom of the cart.

We got some pool noodles and some water guns too, we were making our way out of the store when Ximena stopped.

"Let's get a small cake." She said.

"Why?" I asked. "Jordan already has a cake."

"You'll see." She smiled.

-

We unloaded everything from the trunk of our car and dragged the items inside.

"Papá!" Ximena called out. "Come help us with this!"

Our dad came down from the stairs and looked at everything we brought in. Maybe we wen't a little overboard.

"Ay ay ay." He said, shaking his head as he picked up 2 boxes, taking them outside.

Ximena and I brought the rest outside. We sat down on the concrete and began opening the boxes. As we were filling the floats with air, Jordan opened the sliding glass door and ran outside, approaching us.

"Hey guys! Like my new swimsuit?" Jordan asked, giving us a spin. She was wearing a floral two piece. She looked beautiful. My little sister had grown up so fast.

"Cute!" I exclaimed. Ximena agreed.

Our mom called Jordan back inside. Me and Ximena got back to our work. We talked some more, Ximena asked me how school was going, and what I was gonna do after I graduated. I asked her how her job was going.

Once we were done with the pool floats, we helped ourselves to a few pieces of the meat our dad was making. We helped around the house some more, getting things ready for the party. Then the guests started trickling in.

-

My mom called out for everyone on the outdoor patio to come inside. It was time to sing to Jordan.

"Reagan, ven." Ximena whispered, motioning for me to follow her.

"What?" I asked as I followed her into the garage.

She opened the fridge and took out the small cake she had bought earlier.

"Watch what I'm gonna do." She said, bringing the cake inside.

"You're not-" I laughed, following her.

She replaced Jordans original cake with the new one. Jordan came inside, wrapped in a towel, her dark brown hair dripping with water.

She sat down at the head of the table as Ximena put fourteen candles on the cake, lighting them. My mom got her camera out, ready to document us singing to Jordan.

"What happened to the cake I bought?" Our mom questioned, lowering her camera.

"Oh, I bought this one just for her. No one want's to eat a cake with all her vavas on it." Ximena joked. Earning a scoff from Jordan.

Me and Ximena stood behind Jordan as our family started to sing for her. She took a big breath and blew out all fourteen candles.

"See, good thing I bought another cake." Ximena said, ruffling Jordans wet hair.

Ximena waited for Jordan to take out all the candles. And when she was done- Ximena suddenly put her hand on the back of Jordans head, slamming her face into the cake. Our family erupted with chuckles.

I laughed as Jordan straightened up, pulling her face out of the cake. Her mouth hung open as she wiped the frosting off of her eyes and turned around towards Ximena, giving her a death stare.

I doubled over, laughing even more. Jordan then grabbed a piece of cake, attempting to throw it at Ximena. She quickly dodged and the piece of cake hit the floor.

"Ay, Ximena. Don't you think you're a little old for these tricks?" Our Tía joked.

"Maybe." Ximena teased. She looked over her shoulder. Jordan was wiping her face with napkins.

"Maybe this will make up for it." Ximena walked over to the counter where her purse was. She took her wallet out and walked back to the table. Pulling out two $100 bills.

She handed them to Jordan. "Happy birthday, chango."

Jordan took the bills, a bright smile on her face. "Thank you!" She squealed.

"What's a fourteen year old gonna do with all that money?" I asked.

"Maybe you can take her shopping." Ximena said.

"I guess. I could also use a few more shirts." I smiled.

We were burying our dead now. Standing around the graves.

"I can do it- I can do it." Andrea sighed, dragging Amy into the grave.

She stepped into the hole, gently placing Amy's head down. Dale held out his hand to her, pulling her out.

Andrea looked at her sister one more time before turning away. Glenn and Daryl began to shovel dirt inside the hole, burying Amy.

jordan and ximena have now been introduced!! we also got to see a little flashback of all of them.

i wanna add their age differences, in the present time, ximena is 32, jordan is 22, and reagan is 25.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro