Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A couple of days passed. Kirumi and Ryoma had had a proper sit-down with Kaede, the former promptly apologizing for walking off like that, and her mate assuring his superior that they weren't upset with her. 

The pack had romped around, hunting and laughing. Though, they hadn't gone without Kokichi's pranks; he couldn't hold back for what seemed like even a minute, much to everyone's annoyance.

Today, though, was a peaceful day. There was no hunting, and not even a peep from Miu nor Kokichi; it was slightly worrying to the alpha pair for the two biggest troublemakers in the pack to be quiet like that, but it certainly wasn't unwelcome. 

They were all just milling around, doing their own thing. Sometimes one of them would sit down with a friend to talk, but other than that, they were all busy in some shape or form. 

There was two of them missing; it wasn't much of a concern to Shuichi or Kaede though, since these two were Kirumi and Tsumugi. They even saw the blue-furred wolf walking up to her, requesting her assistance in gathering more materials to furnish another storage den for Angie. 

Everything was fine and dandy, until they heard a loud yell from Tsumugi. 

"Oh, Angie, Ryoma, you must come here! Kirumi's been sick!" 

With a jolt, Ryoma's head shot up. He had simply been taking an afternoon nap, waiting for his mate to come back. What was this about her being sick? 

He glanced at the foliage ahead, barely seeing the tip of Angie's tail disappear into the bushes. 

Without hesitation, he plunged in after her. 

Upon arriving at the scene, he quickly figured out that Tsumugi had been telling the truth. 

There was Kirumi, shaking and panting, in front of a puddle of vomit. Her companion patted her back with a paw. 

He and Angie came over. 

He ran ahead of her, coming right up beside his mate. "Kirumi, are you okay?" He asked, concerned for her well-being. 

She looked at him, distress clouding her olive-colored eyes. Finally, she admitted, "No, I do not feel ok, not at all." 

Now, this was strange. 

"Nyahahaha, that's what I'm here for!" Angie chirped, moving to her other side. Tsumugi backed away, still looking over the scene, brows furrowing. 

The white she-wolf perked up one ear. "Kirumiiiii~! How long have you been feeling sick?" 

"Not for too long," she replied, ears lowering. 

"Have you been having any other symptoms?" Angie asked.

"Well.." Kirumi paused, as if to think something over. "Yes. In fact, I have been having a plethora of them, such as a decrease in appetite, irritability.... " 

Suddenly, she stopped. Averting her eyes sharply, she looked down to stare at her front paws instead. 

There was something.. palpable about her silence. 

Ryoma raised his ears, legs standing still. 

He could smell it on her. 

She knew something, and was hiding it. 

Oh lawdy... this one did not turn out good, not at all. I don't like this chapter. Tell me, beasties, do *you* like it? ~Mia 🔱

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro