(6)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Seraphina casually leaned against the wall near the movie theater doors, her fingers dancing across her phone screen.

"Err, Sera? Why aren't we going now?" John asked, eyeing the smiling ticket man with a wary eye.

"I'm waiting for the others," Seraphina responded, not bothering to lower her voice as she turned off her phone and glared at the ticket man, who gave her a grudging smile in return.

"Do you know him?" John hissed.

"He was the one who cut that woman off. I'm guessing he thought that we were onto him," Seraphina murmured.

The ticket man pulled out a walkie-talkie and pressed a button. Seraphina whirled around and suddenly, the man was on the ground, groaning, a hand over his chest. Black pieces scattered over his hand as he muffled a curse.

"Aren't you going to finish him?" John asked and the man turned a pale white.

"No. I won't stoop to their level," Seraphina responded, the reply directed towards the man.

And suddenly, there was a blue-haired woman dashing towards them and John tensed but she only headed towards the man.

"Archer," her voice was filled with fear.

"It could have been worse. I was just punched. As if my own ability had been used against me, but I have no chance to dodge..." the man coughed but got up with the blue haired's help.

The woman turned to them, emerald green eyes flashing with her ability but Seraphina stepped forwards, eyes glinting, and the woman stopped.

"I know who you are," she said to the man, "you nearly succeeded in kidnapping me."

The man only shook his head. "I'm innocent."

Seraphina's eyes flared and she threw out her hands, freezing them into place. John blended into the walls, monitoring the encounter with wary eyes, ready to protect Sera if she needed the help.

"Then you will tell me the truth in front of the government officials," she said. Their eyes widened and then suddenly, they were shot back. Seraphina's freeze had...worn off.

John gaped as another woman appeared, her eyes glowing amber. "She's an elite tier, Sera."

------------------------------

Helena stared at the girl, only a few years younger than her. Her eyes danced over at the other boy, who met her gaze with a wary one of his own.

She forced the corner of her lips to go up as she said, "You all are trapped. Yield and you will be free with your lives once we are done with you." Sheryl and Spen stepped out.

The purple-haired girl only smiled. "I've gone up against far worse, you know."

Archer gritted his teeth. "Don't be so cocky, girl."

The black haired boy only raised his glowing eyes, the brief amusement in them now gone as he stared at them coldly.

A shiver ran through her body as Helena assessed him. She was supposed to be afraid of the girl and she was...but the boy frightened him the most.

And then Spen groaned, "they're here." They whirled around and Carolyn began activating her ability, her green eyes glowing. But the smoke barely lasted a few heartbeats until they were cleared by a storm of energy beams.

-----------------------------

"Blyke!" Seraphina exclaimed. Even John cracked a relieved smile as the smoke cleared and there the others were...all of them. Arlo, Blyke, Remi, Isen, and Elaine.

"I hope we weren't late," Isen said with a soft smile as if he had saved the day.

Their enemies were cornered and Arlo's eyes glittered.

"You will be put on trial for attacking and kidnapping one person...and targetting a group of harmless kids," the King of Wellston said.

The brown-haired man Sera had frozen earlier spat onto the ground. "Don't act as if you haven't done any wrong in your life, high-tier."

Arlo raised his eyebrows. "Oh, I have. But I've risen above your levels, at least."

"How are you going to keep an eye on us and contact the authorities? Your barrier can't last that long," the blonde-haired, Sheryl, said.

"No, but I asked someone to send a distress signal and track you," Arlo responded and John knew the King was referring to Isen.

And true to his words, within several minutes, they came. It wasn't just anybody--it was Headmaster Vaughn accompanied by Doctor Darren and a few other members of security.

Then Keene must be back at Wellston, John thought, noting that the Head of Security must be protecting Wellston after Vaughn's sudden leave.

"Wait, this isn't--" The brown haired elite tier flushed red and Headmaster Vaughn smiled, green eyes twinkling with nothing but faint amusement.

"You really think my students are idiotic enough to contact the government that you might be working for? If you had such powerful substances that I'm surprised you couldn't control, then you must have been sponsored by someone."

The headmaster nodded and the other men stepped forwards, chains of magic surrounding the opposing group of people.

"Go now," Vaughn said, "Doctor Darren will be monitoring you guys. Since you had to miss your movie, why don't you eat at another place instead?" He patted his grumpy co-worker, who was staring at John with a not-so-subtle glare.

John gave the doctor a grin in response.

"You don't need to cancel your date with Leilah," Vaughn said as Seraphina turned towards them, "just watch the kids and have them pay with my tab."

"Thank you, Headmaster," Remi said as Elaine waved at the departing man.

Isen turned towards the Doctor, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "You're still dating her?"

The Doctor whipped around, eyes flashing. "Just shut up, keep to yourself, and don't bother me. And if you ruin my date, I will kill you. And all your friends."

BONUS: (In order of appearance.)

edit: Helena's ability is a 4.6. Elite tiers are already powerful enough and I did not want to make her significantly more powerful than the rest of them considering the rarity of elite and high tiers. Helena already has a decent mastery of her powers but her potential stops her from becoming a high tier. The characters have not taken ability enhancement drugs.

Additionally, Carolyn's ability level is meant to be 2.5.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro