14- (un)Faithful

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Brandon Stoker stood nearly the same height as Count Dracula yet there was a delicate beauty surrounding him (the kind one would write poetry to) whereas Vlad was nothing but sex-on-legs.

Kylo slid his hand into Vincent's. He gazed upon Brandon as he introduced himself.

"My name is Brandon Stoker. Please call me Bran." He gave them all a little bow.

"I'm trying to convince him to stay for good," Corbin said as he nudged his cousin with his elbow. "Venice is too pretty to leave."

"I recall you saying the same thing about Paris once." Lord Vincent chuckled.

"Pish-tosh. Paris is nothing but smelly streets and frog legs."

When Kylo looked at Corbin confused, the vampire elaborated. "They eat frog legs there. Don't try to picture little green legs hopping around bodiless in the smelly streets."

When Dracula chuckled, Kylo felt silly.

"Paris is not a place I am fond of," Vincent leaned in to Kylo to whisper before touching his lips to his beloved's earlobe.

Upon seeing that gesture, Count Dracula curled his lip in a faint snarl and rolled his eyes.

"Well, Venice is far superior to Paris. First of all, there are no frog legs." Corbin nodded firmly for emphasis then began humming the tune coming from the musicians.

"And secondly?" Bran asked.

Corbin looked up at his cousin. "Huh?" With a toss of his hair, he chirped, "Secondly, I am here, your beloved cousin."

"That is true," Bran said to Corbin. His lashes fluttered and his warm gaze moved shyly to Dracula.

Reaching out to touch Vincent's arm, Corbin said, "He is my only mortal relative left alive. His mother was my great, great, great....a few more greats, niece."

Vincent grunted, "And you desire to turn him?"

Pulling back as if slapped, Corbin gasped. "I'd do no such thing! I mean I have never turned a relative..." bringing his hand to his mouth, he covered a giggle. "I'm a horrid liar."

"My darling cousin has offered..." Bran moved his gaze from Vlad to the others yet he looked pained to do so. "Corbin has offered me eternal life if and when I want it." He shifted his brown eyes back to Dracula who was holding onto a champagne flute, taking small sips and devouring Bran with his icy stare. "I came to Italy looking for inspiration."

"My cousin is an artist!" Corbin gushed. "A fabulous one. People shall be reading about him in history books one day."

"If only I were as good as Corbin thinks I am." Bran looked at his feet sadly. A sigh later, he looked back at the group. "I am an artist but not a very good one."

"You are faaaabulous!" Corbin said loudly. "A star ready to be born. A supernova."

"Me? I'm a nobody. I want to be a writer. But who'd ever want to read anything I've dared pen?"

"Perhaps you will find the inspiration you need here," Kylo said gently. He saw the way Bran looked – deflated and ready to give up. "You never know. Your next story could be the one that propels you into fame."

Brandon chuckled yet the look in his eyes was hopeful. "I wish I felt the same way but...." his words trailed off as Dracula gave him a sly smile. "Where would I find a story that good inside me?"

When Vlad spoke, his words were honey, "Perhaps you need a push in the right direction. I could offer my assistance."

"Oh, yes." Corbin bounced. "Vlad has experience in many things. Literature just happens to be one of the things he knows about rather well."

"You could help me?" Bran asked weakly.

"I would be honored." Holding out his hand, Dracula smiled a toothy smile. "We could discuss it further in the garden if you wish."

Giving Bran a gentle push, Corbin shooed them. "Go. Chat. Be creative. I must also excuse myself." He gave Kylo and Vincent each a peck on the cheek and whispered as soon as the others exited the house. "There's someone I'm seeing on the side."

Kylo and Vincent looked at each other confused.

"Oh, don't be shocked. Little brother, you know I am never loyal to only one person. And I knoooow Dracula is a whore."

"I never would have guessed," Kylo uttered dryly.

Ignoring Kylo's remark, Corbin spoke, "My bit on the side is absolutely mouth-watering." He gestured to the Queen's entourage where the ashen-haired thrall turned and smiled.

"Agathe?" Vincent asked surprised.

"I may be in Venice for the Count but I cannot wait to get into her –"

"Act like a gentleman and spare us the details," Vincent said placing his hand over his brother's mouth.

A muffled sound came from behind Vincent's hand. "Aaartf."

"What?"

Taking hold of his brother's hand and lowering it, Corbin replied. "For fuck's sake. Heart. I can't wait to get into her heart. Some say she doesn't have one but I'm going to try my damnedest."

With a twiddle of his fingers, Corbin dashed off towards the beautiful thrall.

"This night..." Kylo whispered, "is rather peculiar."

"They are all unfaithful. Makes you think there's something in the air. I think I have had enough of them all for one night." Pulling Kylo by the hand, Vincent led him upstairs where they could be alone. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro