52 | Traitor

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Cithara, are you the one responsible for doing that machine?" Wil asked with his eyes filled with guilt and doubt.

"I-"

"Why would you do that?" he snapped, his anger rising towards his clenched arms. "Why would you obey those demons' orders?"

"Wil, stop it!" Rei interrupted as he came between the two.

Tears began to well up in Cithara's eyes until they finally fell on her rosy cheeks without even noticing it. "I did it to save you and the others," she replied.

"Is that why Izatha and Leo didn't want us to come here?" Hanari asked.

"Those two tried to warn us, but you –" Wil added with his furrowed eyebrows facing Cithara.

"I- I have no choice. I..." Cithara answered in her terrified voice.

"There are those Avallons!" They heard Azarel's voice echoing from a distance.

Alarmed, the six held their ground with the weapons they brought on their hands. The demons swooped toward them from different directions. For just a few moments, they found themselves surrounded.

"You monsters!" Wil shouted. He grabbed his rapier from its scabbard, and with all the might and rage he could express, he waved it towards the demons around him.

Untrained enough, Wil didn't take a chance to hurt any of them. Before the rapier could even touch the demons' bodies, they simply took a step backward with teasing grins that could be spotted on their pale faces.

"You're just wasting your energy, Wil," Azarel spoke. He spread out his raven-like wings and soared up towards where the Avallons stood.

The other Avallons tried to hold the demons back as well but found out that their powers were not strong enough.

"Obey me, demon!" Hanari commanded, her hazel eyes glowing as she stared at a demon's eyes. Unable to withstand the power of spirits, her powers were useless, which made her being pushed down towards the cold, hard ground.

Rei was skilled at fighting with his cutlass but ended up being choked by a demon's hand. Marivielle tried to catch the demons' attention through her angelic voice, however, ended up controlling his boy friends' minds.

"Oh, no!" she gasped, seeing her friends Wil and Rei trying to get towards her while being blocked by the demons that caught them.

Cithara's eyes witnessed the mess that she had made. Her emotions began to boil up once more as she clenched her fingers out of rage.

"Let them go!" she exclaimed. Instead of attacking her, the demons found it more enjoyable to see her being the one to be blamed.

"Lock them all up," Azarel ordered. "Let the little princess alone. It'll be my reward for her because of bringing her friends here."

The demons grabbed the five Avallons and took them toward the prisons of Liberia.

The moment they entered the place, it was all covered in complete silence. The prison bars were made with both huge and tiny crystals that had edges and tips as sharp as a newly sharpened sword. Shades of purple, green, and pink were present, serving as the only light to what the Liberians called the 'Cave of Sorrows.'

"Let us go!" they shouted. They tried to fight for themselves but were unable to escape the grips of the demons' clawed hands.

Altogether, they were tossed toward one of the caves. At first, the crystals were so tiny that they gave way for them to enter, but as Aja touched her crystal gem on it, it closed up, showing off its sharp barriers.

"Have fun," she grinned, then walked away with the others.

"I knew it! Cithara's a traitor!" Sefira exclaimed.

"How could she do these to us?" Marivielle spoke in her voice filled with melancholy.

"I guess it was just right that I didn't pick her as one of us," Wil breathed.

"Wil, you're alright!" Marivielle beamed.

"I guess this barrier removed our ability to perform magic," Hanari spoke. "I can't read thoughts anymore."

"Hanari, just please don't read our thoughts if ever your powers go back," Sefira spoke, who was then answered back by Hanari's nod.

"Wil," Hanari's gaze dropped towards her new friend, "You sensed it? I can read minds, but Cithara stood up to me as fogbound. Her mind seemed to be impenetrable."

"I can see in her eyes that something's wrong," Wil replied.

"Let's just hope that we can find a way to get out of here," Rei spoke.

"We can get out of here! We need to!" Sefira motivated, "If only I can use my magic."

She searched for something hard to hit the crystals, fulfilling the plan that came inside her mind. "Even though we can't use our magic, we can still escape!" she added, picking up Rei's cutlass, which was lying on the ground. She took a step forward and began to hit the crystals that were blocking their exit as strongly as she could.

Sefira hit the crystals continuously until pieces of it were destroyed and scattered on the floor. After several hittings, a small opening finally opened up.

"I told you we can go out!" she beamed. "Now, can anyone help me here?"

She was about to lean over near the opened part when the crystals she destroyed grew back into their shape after they went inside the prison cell.

Having not much time to pull her hand away, a crystal cut off a thin piece of her skin. Blood came rushing from her left palm, which gave her an excruciating pain.

A suffering shout escaped her body along with the goosebumps that she brought towards her friends.

"Get us out of here! Someone needs assistance and healing!" Hanari shouted.

"Sefira, everything's going to be alright," Wil comforted.

"Somebody, we need a healer here!" Marivielle shouted.

Rei cut off a piece of his cloth with his cutlass that lay down on the ground after Sefira dropped it. He quickly tied it to Sefira's bleeding palm with the hope of stopping the rushing blood.

"Let us out of here!" No matter how loud they called for help, they received nothing in reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6PZm8vhm6I

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro