Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After the show we exit Moulin Rouge and head in the direction of the restaurants we saw on the way here. I look at Jensen and Joy and ask. "Are you going to join us for dinner?"

Joy's hands snakes around Jensen's hips. "No, we're going to grab something from the Hamilton Hotel before we go to the party."

Chad looks at Jensen. "So, you heard about the party at Ambroise's place?"

"Yeah, he called me three nights ago saying he was having a party and that he wanted some of his American friends to attend. He also got me some clients who I'll be meeting at the party and a few of them want to talk to Joy about her hotel." He leads Joy away from us. "We'll see you tonight." They walk away from us.

Chad opens the door to the closest restaurant and we enter the building. He takes me to a booth at the back of the restaurant. "I don't want anyone to interrupt the time I spend with you, my beautiful wife." he places his hand on my stomach and leans down. "Hey, little one. It's Daddy. I want to say that I don't care if you're a boy or a girl. I'm going to love you all the same, but if you're a girl I'm going to be protective of you and you'll be a Daddy's little princess. I'm going to spoil you rotten." He places his finger to his lips and looks up at me as he says. "Don't tell, Mommy. She will kill me."

I hit his arm. "You better not spoil her. I don't want her to end up like my younger sister. She's never heard the word no and if she did she would explode until Mom and Dad gave her whatever she wanted. She's been spoilt her entire life and now she hates being second best to her children. I won't be surprised if my sister snaps one day and walks out on her family."

He pulls me closer to him. "I won't spoil her that much. I don't want her to turn out like our younger siblings. Our children will learn to work hard for their money and they may get an internship with our friends when they turn sixteen or they can work in my small office and learn everything they need."

A waiter walks over to the table and he takes our order of burger and fries before walking away.

Looking around the place I see a bunch of booths close to each other. A pool table in the corner with a group of French men playing.

A girl with a short skirt walks over to the group and she starts talking to them. She places her hand on the tall guy's bicep and she whispers something in his ear.

He lifts her up and crashes into the wall behind the table and they start to make out like crazy kids would.

Chad touches my hand. "Should we skip dinner at this place and go back to the hotel for a bit?"

"Nah, I think it is best we stay here. Once we get to a bedroom it's hard for us to come out of one again and I'm afraid that's not the right thing to do especially since you told Ambroise that we'd be at his party. It's rude to say that you will go and then not show up because you want to be in between my legs like the two behind the pool table."

Chad looks over at the table. "Don't they know that there's a bathroom a couple metres from where they are?"

At 8pm, Chad's limo pulls into the driveway of Ambroise's place. He owns a mansion that's big enough to rival a castle and there's heaps of lights on in the house. A red carpet leads to the front door and there's people wearing black and white holding food and drinks by the door.

What a way to serve the guests. Have everything they need before they walk through the front door.

Standing to the side of the door is Ambroise. He shakes someone's hand and has a small conversation with them before the next person walks.

The driver opens the door and I step out of the car. The silver dress I'm wearing touches the ground and I lift it up as I start to walk up the stairs. Before I make it to Ambroise I see Joy and Jensen talking to him.

Ambroise isn't subtle as he checks out my friend. He looks her up and down before leaning into her and whispering something into her ear.

She starts laughing and then hits his arm. "You're such a charmer. I hope your wife doesn't mind you saying that kind of stuff to other woman?"

His wife walks out of the house and over to him. "A few of your business partners are waiting for you by the bar. They said it's not right to keep them waiting."

"I'll be right in. I just saw the last two guests I want to see." He walks down the stairs towards Chad and I. "I'm glad you two made." Turning towards Jensen and Joy he says. "I want the four of you to meets some people I work with, tonight. Maybe, we can talk about working together with a project that will benefit all of us in the long run?"

Joy looks at him. "I'm not selling my company, Ambroise. I will not continue to have the same conversation every time we meet."

He remains silent as he leads us through the party goes. "I've given up on that. Joy. You've made yourself clear for the last two years."

We stop in front of the bar where a group of men are smoking and they each have a glass of some brown liquor.

Joy and I start coughing as we breathe in the smoke. Turning towards the group I say. "Put out the cigars or I'm going outside where the air is fresh and it won't harm my unborn child." I place my hand on my stomach and the men's eyes follow my movement.

I watch as the men put their cigars out and put it in their pockets.

"I think it's best that we take this meeting to my office." Ambroise says and he leads the way. He stops next to wife and whispers something in her ear.

"I'll keep everyone distracted until your return, Ambroise." She walks away from the group and stops next to a waiter.

I follow the group until we reach the office that's the same size as the one that I have in Hamilton office.

He has pictures of his family on the walls and certificates as well. On his laptop are plans he came up with that will benefit our companies. He hands one to me and I look at it.

Joy looks at it and she says. "I don't think this will benefit my company at all, but it might be beneficial for Jensen's company to join this." She looks at Jensen. "Don't put too much money into it. I don't want you to lose too much if it falls through."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro