Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After the ceremony Chad and I take the limousine to the beach with the Bridesmaids and the Groomsmen.

Joy looks at me. "Was that the way you wanted to the ceremony?"

I nod. "It was beautiful." I hit Chad. "Did you have something to do with Abrielle missing the wedding?"

Chad looks into my blue eyes. "I had nothing to do with her not showing up. I'm glad she didn't. I wasn't looking forward to spending my life with someone like her."

I take his hand. "Why did you ask her to marry you?"

His eyes cloud over. "Dad has cancer and his last wish was to see me marry." He sighs. "Today is his good day. So, I can be thankful for that."

I hug him. "I'm sorry, Chad."

He brushes my hair to the side. "I'm glad you didn't fight me on getting married, Grace."

"I could never do that. I love you Chad and I have from the moment I met you at the nightclub." I elbow him. "Even though you were surrounded by girls."

He smiles and it lights up his face. "I didn't want to show up at the nightclub alone. The paparazzi would have a field day if I showed up stag and then if they saw me chose you from the crowd they would be all over you. I wanted to keep you out of the public eye."

Joy laughs. "She will be in the headlines now, Chad." She turns to me. "Do you still want to work for me?"

"I'm not going to leave. You gave me a promotion and now I work closely with my husband. There's nothing I want to change. Can I book in two weeks off soon?"

"Sure, we'll discuss your time off in the office on Wednesday morning."

"What do you mean Wednesday?"

Joy looks at her husband and smiles. "We're taking a holiday with our daughter." She turns to me. "I'm giving Monday and Tuesday off to enjoy you're time as a married woman to this guy next to you."

Chad looks at her. "Thank you, Joy."

Joy lies her head in her husbands shoulder. Jensen kisses her. "I love you, baby."

She smiles "I love you too, Jen."

Jensen whispers. "I want to have another baby."

She shakes her head. "I don't want another baby yet."

Chad looks at me. "When do you want to start a family?"

I don't want to start one so soon.

I look at the ground and avoid eye contact with him.

He pulls my face towards him. "Don't you want kids?"

I nod. "I don't want kids this soon. We need to get to know each other before kids come into the picture." I look at the ground. "Did you talk to Abrielle about kids?"

He shakes his head. "We had sex. Nothing else came out of it."

What if she's pregnant?

I lean into him and whisper. "We're not going to get intimate until you go to the doctors."

He looks out the window. "I've been to the Doctor's I get my results tomorrow. I want you to be with me. I knew if you married me that I'd have to get myself checked. So, you know the precious times I've been to the doctors I've been clean."

I touch his face. "I'm glad you get yourself checked regularly."

"What about you? Have you been getting checked?"

My face turns red. "Chad, in a..." I cut myself off as I see all eyes on me.

Shit! I forgot they were here.

Mia looks at me. "Are you a Virgin?"

Why does everything have to revolve around that question.

I don't answer her. The question lingers heavily in the silent car. I sigh. "Can we change the subject?"

Chad nods. "Where do you want to go for the honeymoon?"

I shrug. "I have no idea where I want to go." I look at Joy and Jensen. "Where did you go for your honeymoon?"

Joy shifts in her seats. "We never had a real honeymoon. We went to Sydney as Jensen had a business deal in Sydney. We spent the nights together like it was our honeymoon. The sex was great."

Jensen groans. "You don't need to tell them that, Joy."

She shrugs. "I was being truthful. She needs to know what to expect tomorrow night."

Chad whispers. "We don't have to do anything if you feel uncomfortable."

"Thank you."

At the beach we climb out of the car and get a few photos taken.

The photographer tells us how she wants us to pose and we do it. She looks at the girls. "I want the girls to stand together. Put your flowers together.

We do as the photographer says. She takes the photo. She tells us what she wants us to do next.

My mouth starts to hurt from all the smiling.

She moves over to the guys and they smile for her. When the guys photos are done she tells us to stand together. The girls at the front and the boys behind.

Jensen stands behind Joy and he has a smile on his face as he looks at his wife.

I hope one day that Chad will look at me like that.

Mia nudges me. "Are you alright?"

I turn towards her. "I'm fine."

She shakes her head. "I see a wheel turning in your head. Tell me what you were thinking?"

I whisper. "I was thinking that I hope Chad will look at me the same way Jensen does to Joy."

She laughs. "He looks at you like that already, Grace. You just don't see it. I see why he asked you marry him when his bride didn't show up. I secretly hoped she wouldn't show up as I knew Chad deserved someone better than Abrielle."

I cross my arms. "How do you know Chad?"

"Chad is my fiancé's cousin."

"Where is your fiancé?"

She looks at the ocean. "He'll be back in time for the reception. The plane from New York was delayed because of the severe weather warning that was in place last night. He called before the ceremony and asked me to wish his cousin luck. He hate Abrielle as much as I do."

I smile. "So, he doesn't know that Chad married someone else?"

She shakes his head. "I'm looking forward to seeing his face when he sees that his cousin married someone other than Abrielle. He's going to get a shock when he meets you. You're the new and improved wife that the in-laws deserve to have."

I nod. "What do you think of Chad's parents?"

She looks out the window. "I don't know them that well. I've seen Chad more than his parents. Every time they we're supposed to visit they had an excuse. I don't think they like Jeremy's family."

I touch her arm. "His father has cancer. He has his good and bad days. That's why they haven't flown to wherever they live."

Her face pales. "I didn't know."

The photographer takes more photos of us.

When the photos are done we walk to this limo and it takes us to the reception.

I can't wait to see what Chad did to the room.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Back-up Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro