Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

❝Aaoge jab tum saajna

Angana phool khilege

Barsega saawan  Jhoom jhoom ke 

Do dil aise milenge

Anahita glided through the dark hallway of her Haveli, with her floor-length red sequin skirt dragging along the marble flooring. Her anklets made a soft tinkling sound, and occasionally her bangles clinked, as she swiftly moved her hand to tug behind the loose strands from her braid.

Carefully, lifting the long skirt a little and handling the brass candle holder, she climbed the stairs to the terrace. The candlelight flickered, threatening to die off as she stepped into the cool and breezy terrace. This time of the month, nights in Rajasthan were very much pleasant. Anahita drew in a breath, watching the back of a man.

The candle finally blew off.

She blinked, walking slowly towards him. He turned, greeting her with his charming grin. Under the starry night and shining full moon, his face was clearly visible. As Anahita approached him, the smile grew clearer. The dimples on his cheek, had her breath stuck in her chest once again.

"You are here, finally. I have been waiting for so long." He commented. Anahita lowered her head but kept walking toward him.

"Suhani Raat Dhal Chuki, Na Jaane Tum Kab Aaoge,

Jahan Ki Rut Badal Chuki, Na Jaane Tum Kab Aaoge." He sang in a funny tone, making her laugh.

Anahita stood before steps away from him, - "A year passed but it seemed like an eternity." She commented. Asif took a step closer, and she inhaled sharply. Anahita passed him the candle holder and he placed it on the parapet. Asif forwarded his hands to her. Staring into his eyes, Anahita instantly placed her hands in his. He gripped her hand gently, taking another step closer.

"You are so gorgeous, Anahita." He reached out to softly move aside curls from her face. Now, there was barely any distance between them. Anahita closed her eyes as his finger brushed against her lips. She opened her eyes, and they shared a smile.

"What was that you wanted to tell me?" Her voice wavered as she struggled hard to control her weakening knees and escalating heartbeat.

Asif tenderly cupped her face. For the first time, she noticed a flicker of passion in his eyes mixed with those kind and admirable gazes; his usual. Unable to keep the intense eye contact she lowered her head, clenching his hand tightly. She kept praying she shouldn't faint with anticipation and excitement. With the closeness, she smelt the exotic attar from him and the tantalizing fragrance was adding to her euphoria.

"I wanted to tell you that this distance has made me realize something. It made me realize how much I missed your presence in my life. I realized that—I am in love with you."

Anahita's head shot up.

- "What?" Her lips twisted in a shaky smile,

Asif nodded.

She tilted her head, admiring him, - "How? When?" She asked in a hushed voice.

He shrugged, - "I don't know, but by the time I realized, I was revocably in love with you."

Anahita looked away. He held her chin, making her look at him, - "What do you feel for me?"

She blinked at him, then shyly looked away. Slowly, she slipped her hand from his grip and turned, - "My feelings are—" She could hear her heartbeat drumming in her ears and her rapid breathing. Anahita wanted to confess but her voice stuck in her throat along with her breath. She swallowed gently and closed her eyes.

- "The feelings are mutual."

She froze, feeling him stand behind her, so close that his warm breath caressed her shoulders. Her skin erupted with goosebumps and her head spun, making it hard for her to stand her ground.

"I need your consent in proper words, Anahita. No mixed signs."

Anahita opened her eyes and turned to face him, -"It isn't easy for a woman to confess her love so bluntly. Like you, men." She managed to say in a shy tone. Asif held her shoulders in with his warm hands, and she shivered, feeling the thrill.

"But I want to hear it, Anahita."

She bit her smile, fisting her sequin dupatta tightly. Cautiously, he turned her to face him and hooked his fingers under her chin.

"Say it, Anahita."

She didn't know how to confess. She hasn't even confessed her feelings to herself and here he was asking her to—how? Why can't he understand her unsaid words? But if her mouthing those feelings was so important, then why not?

Anahita took a deep breath, - "I—lo—love you too." She blurted towards the end and quickly covered her face with her hands. Asif let out a breath and moved her hands away.

They shared a look, but only for a second as Anahita looked away, blushing red, the similar color to her Mirror Kurtha and long sequin skirt. Asif held her shoulder and pulled her closer. Slowly, Anahita looked at him again. Their faces were inches apart. She closed her eyes and her lips parted in their own accord.

Anahita's stomach fluttered, and she held his hands tightly as her knees got weak. With his face approaching hers, her heart began to hammer inside her chest. She inhaled sharply, and out of shyness, she wanted to run away.

His lips touched hers and she felt giddy as he kissed her softly. An electric jolt ran through her body, and the hair at the back of her neck stood up. He held her face delicately, deepening the kiss.

An intense pleasure began to build up in her and she shuddered.

Anahita held his waist, gently stepping over his feet. She melted in his embrace; the proximity causing butterflies in her lower belly. It was romantic indeed for lovers to be sharing their first kiss under the starry night. Though the weather was pleasant, Anahita felt the warmth from the kiss and their intimacy. She slid her hands up, breaking the kiss, and hid her face in his chest.

"I love you." She gasped breathlessly.

Anahita closed her diary as she finished writing her fantasy. She had begun to write down her feelings in Urdu in her leather diary. Over the course of the year, she noticed her feelings intensifying. Maybe it was the effect of those romance novels but things were changing for sure. At times, when she re-read them, her own accentuating feelings scared her. 

Throughout Nausheen's wedding function, Anahita kept herself on her toes. In her excitement, Anahita kept running and helping around, even with the servants. Many times, she would pass through Asif's room and every time it disappointed her to not find him. Has he not returned yet? Even for his sister's marriage, he was absent. Now, things were evident that he wasn't missing because of her. Maybe because of his father's presence? Did his hate overpower his love? She also got even more concerned when Nausheen informed that there was no contact with her either.

As Anahita walked towards the guest room, she adjusted her net dupatta over her palm, checked on the pin over the shoulder of her pink brocade Kurtha. The flare of her long, flowing skirt whooshed as she took a turn into the room. Unexpectedly, lights of the Haveli went off.

Collective gasps and whines of people echoed in the room. Anahita looked around the darkness. Her anklets and bangles sounded as she stretched her arms to guide herself around. She abruptly stopped moving as thumping of footsteps approached the room. Anahita's breath stuck in her chest. Cautiously, she turned along and gulped, watching the brightening of the warm yellow lantern light. A shadow of a man grew bigger as they approached the room.

"Who's there?"

Anahita let out a breath and her lips formed a shaky smile. A person stepped at the door and brought the lantern to his face, squinting his eyes.

"Asif!"

She knew it. A look of familiarity took over his quizzed face.

"Anahita!" He smiled as well. Feeling of relief washed over her and she hurried to him. But before she could reach him, she tripped over her long skirt and fell face down.

"Ouch!"

"Be careful."

The large hall where the wedding ladies' guests gathered now illuminated with flames of lantern, candles and torch light. In them, single white mattresses was placed with velvet clad bolster pillows. The pillows had delicate work down with threads of real gold.

The women chatted, danced to the tunes of females playing tabbla and singing wedding songs. Amongst them sat Nausheen as the bride in red golden embroidery gharara, her face covered with the veil.

The ladies teased her, giving her tough time, keeping her head lowered and eyes closed.

Leela sat in a corner, fanning herself with a hand-fan, - "Bhagwan, it is so hot." She whined and then took out a handkerchief and a hand mirror. She wiped sweat beads, checked her hand mirror and redid her make-up. The other ladies didn't bother as the thrill of the wedding overwhelmed them. Leela was least interested, but she came to impress Prathuman, who was keen to attend his friend's daughter's wedding.

Leela fumbled standing up with her red and golden silk saree. She adjusted the gajra around her bun and huffed. She wasn't used to wearing heels and was still getting accustomed. Leela felt embarrassed a bit as she walked funny towards a woman, but was confident when she spoke.

-"Where is the washroom?"

The other woman called for a servant girl and asked her to guide Leela.

Anahita shifted and winced, clenching her ankle. Asif hurried to her and kneeled beside her. He brought the light to her feet.

"Are you okay? Oh!" He winced, looking at a bruise on her ankle. Anahita groaned, shutting her eye. Hot tears pricked her eyes as she moved her feet with difficulty.

"It's a bruise. Wait, I will get ointment and some ice." Asif pushed the lantern towards her and was about to leave, but Anahita held his arm.

"How will you see in the dark? Take this."

"No!" He shook his head and dug his hands into his olive green Kurtha. Asif lit the lighter and brought the flame towards her, - "I will manage." He smiled and shot up. Before she could call him, he had walked out of the room.

Leela followed the girl with the torch. She was fairly new in this mansion as well, so they were lost.

Anahita tried to stand up. She held a foot stool and pushed herself up. Holding the stand of the poster bed, she was up on her feet. She hissed in pain and lift her left foot; which was hurt. As she limped towards the bedside table with the support of the bed, she helped herself to sit on the bed.

"Ahh!" she gasped, stretching her legs.

Asif hurried back into the room, he extinguished his lighter and picked up the lantern.

"The darn electricity is still not back yet." He cursed, shaking his head. Anahita noted he carried a bag of ice and a cream. Grumbling to himself, Asif grabbed the foot stool and placed it next to Anahita's feet. He gestured her to place her hurt leg on the stool.

Anahita extended her hand, - "Give me the ice-pack." She said, but he shook his head. To her surprise, he kneeled beside her and looked up at her.

"Um, don't worry, it isn't severe. This should give you some rest." He tapped at the ice-bag. Anahita gulped and slightly raised her skirt to expose the bruised ankle. Silently, she looked fondly at him apply ice over her hurt. Every time, he too gave the same reaction as her. She liked how he winced, flinched, hissed and gasped with her. At a point, she couldn't stop herself and chuckled. He looked up and frowned.

"Is it better?"

Anahita nodded, - "Yes. And you are cute." She didn't know what took over her as she pinched his cheek. Asif gaped at her. Anahita smiled bashfully, looking away from him.

He took a moment and began applying the ice again. Anahita looked at him with a smile still lingering on her face. He glanced at her, and doesn't look away. And neither did she. In that moment, the lights came back and there were collective cheers from both gents and ladies' section. Asif and Anahita still admiring each other.

"Anahita!" A woman's voice distracted them. Together, they glanced towards the door. Leela stood there with a girl and the two eyed them suspiciously. Anahita shrugged, pulling down her skirt. Asif stood up.

"She twisted her ankle and—"

"Are you a doctor?"

"Ji?"

Leela rolled her eyes, - "Is she made of porcelain? You girl, go and help her." She motioned to the servant girl. She nodded and walked quick paced towards the bed. Asif took a step back as she helped Anahita. They shared a look before she limped with the girl. Leela observed them and noticed when Anahita turned to look at him while exiting the room.

Asif smiled at her and then busied himself with collecting the ice-pack. Leela walked out and heeled Anahita. She got the perfect idea to gaslight Prathuman and to get Anahita married off as soon as possible.

Anahita was the only person closest to her husband. She was someone whom Leela couldn't overpower as Prathuman loved his daughter dearly; even more than he loved her. Leela relaxed her shoulder, raising her chin, her eyes focused on her stepdaughter. One move, one fumble by her and she will get Anahita out of her husband's sight and mind.

Leela isn't the naive village belle as everyone thought she was. Right guys? But she should not ruin Anahita's future. *nervous nail biting*

And their Kiss. If imagination is so fluttering, imagine the real one...

Finally!!! Asif returns *_* Now, let's see what turn Anahita's life takes. Oh, I am so eager.

How was the Chapter, my sweeties? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please and don't forget to vote, my lovelies.

Stay Tuned for the next update. *Lots of Love* *Hugs and Kisses*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro