Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aapki Nazro Ne Samjha

Pyar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Aye Dhadkan Thaherja

Mil Gayi Manzil Mujhe

Aapki Nazro Ne Samjha

Anahita woke up with a start as Nausheen busted into her room.

"Wake-up sleepy head. Do you not want to go to college?"

At that moment, she realized she missed her early morning prayer. Anahita looked around and found Suraiya, - "Malkin, I tried to wake you up, but you were so fast asleep that—"

"Never mind." Anahita got down from her bed. She was excited to attend college after a long break. Nausheen looked at her with a big grin.

After her bath, she dressed in a light green chanderi suit and wore the net dupatta. Nausheen also ditched the sarees and opted for a brown silk salwar suit. Anahita seriously judged her friend's choice of the fabric in Jaipur's heat.

"Good morning, ladies." Asif greeted them with a charming smile. Dressed in lawyer's attire, he looked attractive.

"What are you doing here, Bhaijaan?"

"I am on my way to the court. I will drop you girls to your college." He replied in his usual jovial way.

Anahita and Asif's gaze met for a fleeting second, in which he winked at her. She instantly looked away, feeling shy.

On their way to college, Anahita kept her ring hidden with her dupatta. Nausheen chatted randomly; Asif kept throwing glances at the backseat. It was terribly confusing for Anahita where to give her attention.

Asif got down the car and hurried to get the door.

"Haww, Bhaijaan. I am sitting on this side."

"I did not want to open the door for you, anyway."

Nausheen rolled her eyes, and muttering to herself, climbed down from the other side.

"Don't make things obvious." Anahita whispered to him.

Asif chuckled under his breath, - "Soon, my dear, all will know."

"Till then, behave."- She elbowed his stomach. He hissed but swiftly fixed his expressions. Anahita hid her smile with her hand. In their moment, they forgot to wait for Nausheen, and they kept walking forward.

"Anu, Bhaijaan."

They stopped in their tracks. Anahita jerked his hand from hers and straightened. Nausheen caught up with them.

"What the hell?" She commented, wiping her face with a perfumed handkerchief. Asif was about to respond when Anahita grabbed her friend's hand and dragged her.

"Come, we are getting late."

"Have a good day, my dear." Asif called as they hurried. Anahita glanced over her shoulder. He kept grinning at her. She blushed, looking away.

As they climbed up to the main building, Anahita noticed a few girls standing, looking afar, and giggling. She turned her head. Asif was still standing there and smiled when their gaze met. Anahita glanced at the girls. As they neared, she realized they were indeed ogling at her Asif.

"Arey Waah! Nausheen, your brother, has come here after so long." One of them seemed bolder.

"So? He is here for me, Falguni."

"Are you sure?" Falguni raised her thin eyebrow in a sharp arc. She passed a look to Anahita.

Why was he making everything so obvious? But then, good at least the girls will know he was taken?

Anahita turned and watched Asif walking towards the car. A sense of relief washed over her.

"Then? Will he be coming for you all?" Nausheen taunted.

"Zah-e-naseeb! If he does."

"Shut up, Gauhar."

"Excuse me, what wrong did she say?"- Falguni interjected, - "He has not come every time to drop you. But he has come here today, when co-incidentally she has come to college."

When the spotlight fell on her, the introvert inside Anahita was extremely uncomfortable.

"What do you mean? Don't talk rubbish. Anu is just like a sister to him, like me."

"Nausheen." Anahita hissed, pinching her friend's elbow, - "Don't waste your time with them. Let's go."

Before she could take her friend, Falguni stopped them, - "Congratulations."

Anahita halted.

They shared a look, - "For your engagement." She gestured towards the ring glistening on her hand. Nausheen gasped and threw a glance at the direction Falguni was pointing at.

Anahita gulped, - "You are mistaken, I am not engaged." She lied.

"Oh, then what is an engagement ring doing on your left ring finger?"

"This is—my Badi Ammi's—" Nausheen almost blurted. The girls straightened in their places and agitatedly looked at each other.

"Oh, my, my."

"What is your problem? This is not the same ring. It's my mother's heirloom. I wore it, so I could feel her presence. Keep your rubbish thoughts to yourself." Anahita snapped; finally.

"Thank God! Anyway, a handsome man like Asif will not waste his time with a boring girl like you."

"Yes, and how did you think otherwise, Falguni? Nausheen is right. Anahita is like his little sister." Gauhar added with tinge of sarcasm.

"Baby sister."

"Oh, have you tied him Rakhi yet?"

The girl joked and laughed. Anahita's blood boiled. But instead of focusing on the negativity, she pitied them. They were making their jealousy clear and nothing else.

"Anahita Agarwal, you have irretrievably captured the heart of this barrister. Your lovely smile, your comforting presence, has made me fall deeply in love with you. I never experienced love before, and now, being in love with you, I realize, is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me."

"Anahita Agarwal, will you marry me?"

Anahita smirked, - "Let's go, Nausheen. We are getting late."

"Vulgar. Have they come here to study or shamelessly stare at my brother?"

"Let them be."

"If anyone tries to flirt with my brother, I will break their necks."

Later in the evening, Nausheen was busy with Shoaib. It was the perfect chance for Anahita to escape from the back-garden.

Casually, she walked towards the guest room. From a distance, she smelt cigarettes, and as she neared, the mechanical ticking of the keyboard grew closer.

"A—" She stopped in her tracks. His back was to her as he sat at a wooden study table. Ruffling through pages of a huge book, a cigarette in his mouth and the other hand resting on the keys of the typewriter.

Anahita didn't want to startle him. He was busy and stressed by a case. She needn't add extra burden on him. So, she retracted her feet and turned to leave.

"Anahita. You are here."

She faced him, - "Yes. I was just—"

Asif frowned, - "Is something worrying you?"

How does he always find out her true feelings?

"Nothing." She played with the edge of her cotton dupatta.

He raised from the chair and walked up to her, - "Has someone in college upset you? Your professor?"

Anahita shook her head, - "Arey nahin! I was just being stupid, nothing serious." She held her forehead and then smiled at him.

"If something is bothering you much, it would not be silly."- He held her shoulder and leant to come face level to her, - "What is it, my dear?"

"Um!" Anahita stared into his eyes. The loving and kind gaze was making her feel ridiculous about her insecurity.

"Has anyone made you uncomfortable over the ring? You can give it back to me. I will keep it for our wedding."

Anahita wanted to say yes, but also, she didn't want to part from the ring.

"Well, I want you to not come drop us to college."- She lowered her eyes, - "Not until we are—married."

Asif straightened, and smirked, - "Why? Are you jealous?"

Anahita's gaze shot up, and she frowned at him. He was aware of the female attention and now, has the audacity to tease her.

She placed her hand on his chest and pushed him inside. Stepping inside, she shut the double door.

Asif gasped, - "What are you doing?" The suddenness of her action flabbergasted him. Anahita bolted the door shut and turned to face him. He was speechless.

"Could you care to explain yourself? Do you enjoy the attention from the ladies? Is it Barrister Asif Rahman Khan?" Anahita huffed, placing her fists on her hip.

Asif's grinned, - "Who doesn't." He shrugged.

Anahita's mouth dropped- Haww!

"You are a shameless brute!" She slammed her fists on his arm.

"Ow!" He pretended to be hurt.

"Yes, mister, you better scream in pain." She kept attacking him by her fists. Asif tried blocking her strikes.

"Anahita, are you out of your mind? You have locked the door, and people will hear our weird sounds. Stop it."

Anahita froze, - He was right.

How embarrassing!

"Do not be vulgar with me, Vakil Sahab."

Asif grabbed her wrists. She gasped.

"Ah-ha! Now tell me Miss. Agarwal? Are those girls bothering you?"

Anahita shook her head. He frowned, tilting his head.

"You are my problem."

He sighed, - "What did I do, my love?" He pinched her chin. She shrugged his hand off.

"Uff. You are seriously angry." He commented. Anahita turned away from him.

"Yes." She folded her arms.

"Okay, if this is so important to you. Pardon me for taking it lightly."- He held her shoulders, - "I will not come to your college."

Anahita smiled and twirled to face him, - "Oh, thank you."

"And" He pulled her closer, - "Even if the entire world has their eyes on me. My eyes will always be on my world. You." He hooked his fingers under her chin. Anahita shied, closing her eyes.

"I don't mind you coming. But I hate anyone else staring at you and fantasizing about you." She twisted her lips and leaned.

"But I would want to show you off after our marriage." She clenched her arms around him. Asif chuckled.

Anahita walked into the kitchen and had adrak wali-chai made for Asif and pyaaz kachori by the Rajasthani cook. She watched the man effortlessly make everything. It amazed her. But she couldn't stay much longer in the heat of the kitchen.

Asif worked at his study; the whiff of the delicacies distracted him. Anahita smelt the delicate sweet smell of lavender incense. He stopped pacing in the room, turned to the door, and smiled at her.

"What is this, my love?"

"Tea and snacks." She replied, placing the tray on the coffee table next to the bed. She sat down and patted the side next to her. Asif shut the hardcover book with a snap.

"Lavender incense?"

"It is stress relieving and good for headache." Asif replied, wriggling his eyebrow.

"Hmm." Anahita poured some tea from the decorated kettle into the porcelain cup.

"This will help you calm your nerves." She placed two pyaaz kachori on his plate and passed to him. Asif purposefully brushed his fingers against hers. Anahita smiled.

"As long as you are with me, all my nerves are calm." He patted her shoulder.

Together, they sipped the tea and enjoyed the snacks. Asif talked about the case; Anahita spent the time admiring him more. She kept nodding at his words. Watching his lips move, she fought against the insane urge to kiss him.

"Thank you, Anahita." He finished, and she slipped out of her trance. Asif smirked at her.

"I hope you found my lips interesting."

"Uh, what?" Anahita blinked. Then, turned away her head in embarrassment.

Asif held her chin and made her look at him. She avoided his gaze. He breathed deeply and moved his hand away. As he was about to stand, she held his hand.

"Stay here, please."

He smiled kindly, - "Of course. Let me get my book."

Anahita nodded, - "I will get my course book. We will work together."

"Waah! Wonderful idea. You must have a lot to catch up."

Together, they sat opposite each other on the bed. Most of the books belonged to Anahita. Asif glanced at her; she was absorbed in her studies.

"You know, Anahita. I am proud of you."

Anahita raised her eyebrow.

"You are so dedicated to studies. I wish more girls take their education seriously. I wish Nausheen would take her education seriously. She is wasting her time and our money."

Anahita reached out and held his hand, - "Nothing goes to waste, Asif. She is gaining knowledge. Also, this bookish knowledge is not as important as life lessons." She smiled at him.

Asif relaxed, - "Whenever you speak such beautiful words, I fall harder for you." He held her hand, caressing her knuckles with his thumb.

Anahita lowered her head.

"Asif!"- She jerked her hand from his grip and tried to divert his attention, - "Can you help me with this mathematics—"

"Uh, Anahita. My memory is good, but—Mathematics not much." He shrugged.

Anahita smirked, - "Remember our second meeting, and you taunted me."

Asif thought for a moment and recollected the day he had claimed that mathematics was a boy's subject.

He smiled, - "Of course. And I take back my words."

"Good."- She pinched his cheek, - "That is like a good boy." Before she retracted her hand, he held it.

"May I kiss your hand?"

Anahita tugged her hand from his grip, - "No, you may not."

Asif says nothing, but disappointment was written all over his face. She stifled her giggle and leaned. In lightning movement, she pecked his cheek and sat back. Stunned, he felt his cheek. She winked, and he relaxed.

"You have become naughty, Anahita Agarwal."

She giggled.

Asif held her hand again. They shared a look, and then he kissed her knuckles.

"Anahita, have you ever fantasized about us?" He caressed the ring on her finger.

She gulped and shook her head, - "No!"- She lied, - "You?"

Asif caught her gaze. The look told her he knew she was lying. Anahita darted her gaze.

"Oh, yes, I have." He replied.

"What?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

Asif shifted closer; Anahita drew in a breath but kept staring at his face.

"I told you I am a patient man in real life, but—in my dreams—I can be anything I want—and do anything I want."

His words quickened her heart rate and her nerves began acting up. He confessed without getting into details, and she picked up on his point. But how can a cultured woman like her confess her own fantasies?

Anahita lowered her head, - "But I cannot be as patient as you." She tilted her face away from him. With his gaze on her and the proximity of them, made her breathing shallow.

"Temptation is there. But we must overpower it. Our love can."

"It should. But—" She eyed his lips, - "I doubt." Their gaze met.

Asif clenched her hand, - "You doubt our love?" He whispered, adjusting her dupatta that fell from her shoulder.

Anahita shook her head, - "But something that is natural cannot be wrong, right?"

"It is not."- He held her face, - "but our society and upbringing does not let us cross the boundary."

"It does after marriage."

"Yes."

Anahita moved her hand over his arm and rested on his shoulder. Her brain was fogged and so she let her heart take her. Asif was still. Anahita tilted her head. With their faces inches apart, they shared an intense gaze.

"I love you, Asif." She spoke against his lips. They were close enough; she felt his breath and warmth of his lips.

Asif closed his eyes, parting his lips. Anahita inhaled a shaky breath and closed her eyes. Then, her mother's disappointed face flashed before her eyes. And just as their lips brushed against each other's, she snapped her eyes open and jumped away. Asif's eyes sprung open as well.

"I am sorry." Anahita's eyes pooled with tears, - "I am sorry, I cannot." She cried.

"Shh... Please, do not cry, Anahita, and there is no need to apologize. If anyone should apologize, then it should be me. Pardon me for breaking my promise and—"

"It is my fault."

Asif held her shoulder, - "I knew you will be guilty. Anahita, my love, please relax."

"I am not guilty or upset because I wanted to kiss you. I am upset because I disappointed you."

Asif held her hands tighter, - "You can never disappoint me." He leaned closer and kissed her forehead. Anahita relaxed her shoulders and took in a deep breath.

"I have decided Anahita. Until we get married, we shall not meet in a closed room." He said firmly and moved back.

Anahita nodded, ignoring the ache in her heart. He sighed, standing up. Just then, there was a knock at the door, startling them.

"Bhaijaan."

Anahita panicked, but Asif maintained his calm, - "Yes."

"Have you seen—can you open the door?" Nausheen called. Anahita grabbed his hand so tightly that her nails dug into his arm.

Asif gestured her, and she nodded. Swiftly, Anahita ducked under the bed. He opened the door and Nausheen barged in. Purposefully, he held her shoulder and lead her outside the room. Once everything was clear, Anahita snuck out.

She found everyone in the back-garden, Nausheen bombarded her with questions. But a smile lingered her lips and when Anahita's gaze met Asif's, they shared a wider smile. And she noticed his face radiated more than before. She bit her lip as she sat next to him. The guilt flying off her mind. The thought of the kiss-miss both excited and disheartened her. Her heart fluttered at the thought of getting married and their wedding night.

Aapki Manzil Hun Main

Meri Manzil Aap Hain

Kyoun Main Toofan Se Darun

Mera Sahil Aap Hain 

The Kiss-Miss

Will they get another chance? After Marriage? Anahita toh abhi se ;)

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please and don't forget to vote, my sweeties.

Stay Tuned for the next update. *Lots of Love* *Hugs and Kisses*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro