(#2)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dear Diary,

Another day at Sophia's house, which is probably my other safe place that has some sort of barrier around it that prevents me from going insane. Okay, let me rephrase that.

A safehouse that is within walking distance. Because the nearest frozen yogurt shop is a 7 minute drive.

But, on top of the usual roasting of Anthony, and the giggling about our wondrous inside jokes, we were having a really good day. That is, until a special someone decided to come and ruin our day.

"You're serious right now? You're telling me that Anthony can't even say 'good morning' in Italian?" I shrieked, like someone just told me I won the lottery.

Sophia nods, with her infectious laughs leaking in between breaths so that she didn't suffocate to death.

"Yes, I'm serious! It's so sad. My poor nonna looked like she wanted to cry when Anthony couldn't even say it. Gee, now I feel bad for her. Well, at least he didn't butcher counting from one to ten," Sophia chortled, as I wiped my eyes from the tears forming.

"Man, even I could count from one to ten in Russian, and I learned it before I was potty trained! Geez!" I lamented, and Sophia shrugged.

"I don't know, he's a complicated dude. He can't count from one to ten in Italian, yet he can tell me most of the Asian capitals in one shot. Logic? I don't know. And considering French and Italian are so close, it should be like doing arithmetic," I told her, which caused us to burst into another fit of giggles.

Soon afterwards, we realized that there was a foreign set of giggles. This set wasn't anything like ours. This one had a sprinkling of something artificially sweet. Like it had a packet of Splenda dumped into it randomly.

One of my eyebrows raised at this foreign laughter, and my head craned to where I heard it. Standing there was someone whom I should've known was standing there all along.

Victoria Bell. Standing there, with her bush of blonde curls resting on her head, framing her face in an overly perfect setting. Her ocean blue eyes are layered with fakeness that only a skilled professional would be able to pierce through to see the raw, truthful core.

Her thin pink lips were curled up into a sweet, saccharine smile that to me was nothing short of pure evil waiting in a cute little 12 year old girl. I felt like I should've had a bucket of water just in case the Wicked Witch of the West got too close with her broom and flying monkeys.

"Oh, Victoria. Hey," Sophia said. The usually humorous and optimistic look on her face had been replaced with a civil, more neutral look. Victoria's artificiality didn't dissolve, and she inched towards us a little more.

"Hey. What's going on?" she asked, which caused me to speak up.

"We were having our little personal conversations. Convenient that you were here to hear about the little joke we were having, huh?" I asked, with my head cocking to the side a little bit, and my slender eyebrow raising like someone had pushed it up suddenly.

Victoria reciprocated that, only with both eyebrows and her thin lips uncurled and pressed together in an annoyed look. "Cool it, Tatarova. I was just curious," Victoria said, with her tone lowering to a rather dangerous one.

I scoffed a little bit. "There's a fine line between curious and nosy. And, Bell, YOU ARE STEPPING OVER THAT LINE BY A HUGE GODDAMN STEP. Don't you have anyone else to bother? Because at the moment, go tell the trash can what's on your mind. I'm sure it's waiting for the garbage that's about to spew out," I ordered, which caused Sophia to step up.

Her hand went to my shoulder, and grasped it tightly in an attempt to tell me to calm the hell down. Victoria's jaw hung open and indecipherable sounds are being made from it. "Calm down. Don't be so rude," Sophia said gently, which is basically my cue to shut the hell up and let her deal with it.

I give Sophia the stink eye, which is then reciprocated with the, "Cool it. I got this," eye. "We were just having our little conversations. Enjoying summer before it's gone," Sophia calmly said, as I resisted the urge to deck Victoria in the mouth.

Victoria's expression was cool, unmoved, like she's a pro at this and is ready to take on any sort of my I-don't-take-bullshit attitude. I can feel Sophia give me the look that tells me to shut my mouth, even when she isn't looking directly at me.

"Nice nice. You never come outside anymore, Sophia. Why?" Victoria asked. Through Sophia's kind brown eyes, I could see a little bit of the "Really?" look dripping out of it.

Sophia remained unfazed, like the pro she is, and said, "I'm just really busy nowadays. Not much time to come outside, sadly."

I blinked to hide my rolling eyes and thought to myself, "Victoria, you're the damn reason she doesn't come outside. What kind of question is that?" Victoria thankfully didn't notice my condescending attitude and just nodded.

"Nice, nice," she said, and thankfully, it looked like she was out of topics to discuss with Sophia. I glanced at Sophia briefly, and she looked like she wanted to get out of that conversation as soon as possible.

Thankfully, we were saved by the angelic force known as David Bell. "Victoria, come on. We have to go right now," David called out. I let out a relieved sigh and tucked a lock of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Fine, coming, David. Later, Sophia," she told her, and with that, she turned swiftly on her heel and strut out of there. Her blonde curls were bouncing with each step she took, flaunting the arrogant confidence that she wore like a luxury sweater every day. Once we saw that she was out of our sight, I turned back to Sophia.

The look on her face indicated that she just wanted to forget about it and go back to the conversation about teasing Anthony's Italian skills.

I raised an eyebrow, and told her, "Do you have a knife? Because I really want to stab her right now."

Sophia's jaw fell open, and she just said, "Sonia, are you kidding? Be practical."

I pretended to think a little bit, and say, "You know what? You're right. Stabbing will leave too much blood behind! Strangulation is the better option!"

Sophia's eyes widened, and she shrieked, "SONIA!"

I burst into another fit of giggles and said, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Or am I?" Sophia looked back at me, with wide eyes and a mortified look on her face. I looked back at her and said, "Fine, fine, I'll stop."

If I'm being completely honest with you, then I don't even know if I'm kidding. Considering the amount of pain and torture that Victoria has caused Sophia, I'm one step away from losing it and going all out on her. You don't let the person who fat shamed, bullied, and tormented your best friend get off too easily.

The worst part, is she's still doing it. One day, karma is going to kick her in the backside. I'm just waiting for the day. I already have my stash of popcorn and M&M's ready to snack on when that happens. She really deserves to have a taste of her own medicine, just so that she knows how much she hurt Sophia, and how much her torments hurt Sophia over the past few years.

But for now, it's time to plot without the chance of me going to juvie.

Love, 

Sonia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like Sonia was such a mood in the stabbing line. I don't know, am I just weird? *in the background* Yes, yes you are, Shree. Anyways, do you think Sonia's hatred for Victoria is justified? Let me know in the comments.

So, I don't have anything to say, so I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Love you guys,

Shree.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro