Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Why do you want to die?"

He sighed. "I was wondering when you'd ask that." He pulled his sleeves down on impulse.

"You don't have to answer, but if you wanna talk I'll be here to listen." I replied.

"Not right now if that's ok." He said, vague.

I nodded in return. "I probably shouldn't have asked, I doubt it's the easiest thing to talk about." He hummed in response, his mind had wandered.

I stayed quiet again, the tide was higher than before and there were a few seagulls perched on the ground, probably sleeping. I didn't know what else to say, it was a stupid question to ask him. He was fine before then.

"Do you believe in life after death?" Pulled out my thoughts, I was surprised.

"Uh, I'm not sure. Why do you ask?" I questioned.

"I wanna know if I should expect anything after. I don't think I would care if I ended up here or there, or even nowhere. I just want out. I won't tell you why, but I just do. And knowing, or even just having an idea of what could be after seems... comforting." He took a deep breath. "As I said, it makes no difference where I end up, whether it be up in the clouds, or somewhere else completely." The heavy emotion in his voice made sure the blank look on his face didn't mean anything.

I took a breath, "I... I like the idea of having nothing. Being born, living, or even just breathing, dying, then nothing. It gives me piece of mind that the life I'm living now is special, I only have one go at it. If I spent my life thinking that this there more than that, I wouldn't enjoy as much." I tried to ignore the similar emotion my voice was mirroring.

We were silent again. It was comforting, we knew what the other meant. We didn't have to explain anymore. He picked at the hem of his shirt, stopping every now and then to pinch at his wrist.

"That makes sense, a good way to look at life I guess. I think I'm somewhere similar to that, although it hasn't increased my quality of life by all that much."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro