2. Nolan

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The date finally ended. I was going to kill Asher for setting me up. I never liked going on these dates as I believe it's a waste of time and energy. And I'd rather not be tied down by any relationships or responsibilities now.

Dates are already bad but this was way too worse. Sofie wasn't even my type. As we stood there in front of Five High, she was all over me with her fake laughs and intentional touches and I could take a hint from her that 'even if we don't end up in a relationship, we'd definitely end up in a bed together.'

But sorry pretty lady, I'm going to ignore those hints and just see you off. I wasn't in the mood today. I just wanted to go back, apply my new sheet mask and watch Netflix peacefully.

I tried to bid farewell to her and was about to leave, when I felt someone on my side. But as soon as I turned, I felt a stinging pain on my left cheek. My hand grazed over my burning cheek. It felt hot. I couldn't process what just happened but Sofie’s loud gasp brought my senses back. Did I just get slapped? But why would I?

My eyes widened, confusion and anger growing inside me. What did I do to get slapped this hard? Who the fuck-

My eyes grew wider when I saw Kayra Mehta standing in front of me. Kayra fucking slapped me? The budding anger from earlier had now become a full blown volcano. My fists balled, but before I could say anything, Kayra started bawling her eyes out. What the fuck!?

She looked like a mess. Red cheeks, swollen eyes, broken sobs. But why is she a mess? And why is she like this in front of me? I wanted to pull out my hair in anger and frustration. I was beyond baffled because of her.

"You asshole! Son of a bitch!" She grumbled and started hitting me lightly with both her hands. I stumbled back a step and her behavior continued to confuse me further. What had gotten into her?

But a bulb went off in my brain. She was messing with me, I was sure. But what was this demon playing? Knowing her, she wasn't up to any good, at least for me.

"Why are you with another girl?" She choked on her tears. Passing by people gave us weird glances and I realized that only I knew she was acting. Her act was so realistic, no one would doubt it was an act.

"Nolan, do you know her?" Sofie's question brought my attention back to her. I had forgotten that she was there the whole time. Before I could reply to her, Kayra answered, "Of course, he does. I am his girlfriend. He said he loves me and I am the only one. He even promised to marry me."

My mouth fell open with shock. I was truly at a lack of words.  She was spouting nonsense at this point. When did I even love her, let alone promise to marry her?

"What are you saying-"

She clutched her stomach, looked at me with tears and broke into sobs again, "You should've at least thought about our child."

"What!", Sofie and I said in unison with wide eyes. I was shocked and utterly speechless. She had gone too far. I massaged my temple and thought of sending Sofie home, at least I'll have one less problem to deal with. But Kayra again cut me off saying she's pregnant.

Soon, I felt a stinging pain on my cheek once again. My hand flew on my cheek to cover it. This time, it was Sofie. My new score, two slaps in a day. Woohoo!

Sofie shot daggers at me with her eyes and with clenched fists, she muttered 'asshole' and left there, stomping. There goes my reputation and potential dates in the future. I wanted her to leave but not in my wildest dreams, I thought like this.

I sighed and turned around to see that little demon and ask for an explanation. She was wiping her eyes, with an irritating smirk plastered on her face. I glared at her and my jaw clenched. I knew it was her plan.

I fumed with rage. "For the bouquet incident," she said smiling without any trace of her previous expressions. One would think she wasn't the same person from before.

And seriously? The bouquet prank? It was days ago, though I did go overboard but it still wasn’t that bad. What she did was way worse. The bouquet incident was my prank on her with a bouquet of flowers which had a lizard hidden inside it. I knew she despises lizards and is also afraid of them. It was quite a sight when she jumped and squealed in horror.

But it was a prank. She really knows how to hold a grudge and definitely how to piss me off. "You little shit," I said with gritted teeth.

But she quickly covered my mouth with her palm and shook her head. "No honey, you shouldn't say things like that in front of our child," She said, clutching her belly again.

God, she is shameless.

She was so small in front of me, our six inch difference was obvious since I was way taller than her with my 6'1" height. She had to extend her palm to cover the distance even after standing on her toes.

Her dark brown eyes, full of mischief, were straight looking into mine. Somehow they shone brighter when she messed with me, and I hated to admit, they looked beautiful. But the spark of rage in them still remained my most favorite. So now, it's my turn to mess with her.

And that child thing was way too funny. She still hadn't stopped it even after Sofie was gone. My hand gripped her palm which covered my mouth and I yanked her closer to me.  A big grin ghosted my lips when I saw her eyes widen.

I gently placed my palm on her belly, my eyes never leaving hers, but she took a step back, surprised by my actions. I chuckled when I saw her irritated eyes.

I bent my knees and crouched down to the level of her belly and looked up into her eyes. She didn't look away nor step away. I whispered near her belly with a smile, still looking into her narrowed eyes. "Baby, your mom's a little shit and also delusional because you don't exist."

I got back up and dusted off the nonexistent dirt from my hands. While she bit her bottom lip and flashed a sarcastic middle finger at me. "Fuck you, Dumbass," she said, tilting her head and I couldn't help sticking out my tongue at her.

Just then Ruby popped up from behind me, squealing. She looked so happy and excited, like Kayra was just proposed to. "Girl, you were so good. I think you should really reconsider your major from env. Science to acting."

"Really? I think I've always had this talent.” Kayra looked down, embarrassed and flattered. Flattered? I can't with this woman. What was so flattering about humiliating someone? And wasn't Ruby going a little overboard with the praise?

Anyway, not that I cared.

“But I couldn't hear anything. What did you say? Tell me everything,” Ruby squealed in excitement once again and my ears hurt.

“Oh, you don't know? We're expecting a baby actually,” I flashed a sarcastic smile. "Guess, my girlfriend didn't tell you. Even I got to know about it now.”

“Cut the crap, Gray,” Kayra hissed and I rolled my eyes. “I'll tell you everything but I need to rehydrate after all this crying. I'm dizzy." Kayra again acted pitifully.

Ruby nodded and they both dramatically left inside. I sighed. Damn, my cheek hurts. I'm sure it'll puff up. Today wasn't a very good day of my life.

"By the way, I didn't mean to hit you hard. Use this,” Kayra returned on a whim and threw a cold can towards me and left again, like lightning, maybe faster.

I stared at the can then at the exit and once again at the can. Like hell I will use this.

I returned to my apartment with the can still in my hand. Asher was working on his laptop when I came inside. I plopped on the couch, completely exhausted. I closed my eyes and exhaled the heaviest breath. I didn't realize when he came over to me and touched my now swollen and red cheek.

My eyes swung open in surprise at his touch, "What is this? Did you get slapped?" He asked me and in response I groaned and threw my head back.

It's fucking infuriating to get slapped twice in a day. It sure was hurting, and I swear if it left a mark on my face, Kayra would be dead.

Asher was suppressing his laughs but soon, he gave up and laughed to his heart's content. "How bad you were to get slapped?"

"Shut up! It is all because of you, Asher Carter.” If only he hadn't set me up for that stupid date.

He wouldn't stop laughing and I couldn't tolerate him any longer. I forced him out of the couch but on his way he snatched the can from me. He went to the refrigerator and brought another can of beer and put the one from me inside.

"You should at least use a cold can, that was warm." He stuffed the cold can on my face and made me hold it. "For the physical pain and as for the emotional pain, drink it," he said before returning to his work.

I was only in physical pain but mentally aching to get back at her. In my twenty three years on this earth, I never ached this much to murder someone. My grip on the can tightened and it made a crunch sound. If only this was her neck.

She's a junior but gets on my nerves like no other senior, hell a person ever did.

I hate her.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro