12. The Decision

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The night seemed endless and darkest to me as I was sitting on my queen sized bed, with complete darkness in my room. There was only the shadow of the street lamp inside my room which managed to peep through the open window.

To say that I was lost in my thoughts would be an understatement because I was sinking in my thoughts. I had no idea what, why, when and how everything happened and how in just one day my whole life had taken an upside down turn?

I didn't know that lady at all and there I was crying for her like I had some strong connection with her.

I was so puzzled, I had never felt such things for anyone till now in my life, then why was the death of that lady affecting me this much?

Why couldn't I forget the moment I saw her for the first time in the office all elegant and beautiful and when I saw her for the last time wrapped in white clothes, lying peacefully as if she was sleeping?

The whole environment was suffocating me like hell.

I got up from my bed, wore my slippers, and went outisde for a walk. I was just walking on the streets when I heard some voices  of footsteps. I was frozen at that moment because it was almost midnight and there was not a single person on the street.

I did not have guts to look back. I was standing there still like a statue and the footsteps were getting closer and closer...

•••

"Ma'am, are you okay?" came the voice from a young lady around in late her thirties with some papers in her hands .

I was feeling so light and so relieved and for one moment I loved that feeling - to get rid of those haunting and painful thoughts.

I finally managed to open my eyes properly only to make the doctors and the nurses to go deaf with my screaming.

I realised I was in a hospital, dressed in a typical green hospital gown, a drip in my left hand and I just freaked out.

The doctors and the nurses managed to calm me down and told me that I was brought to the hospital last night as I got unconscious due to extreme nervousness, anxiety and fear but I was out of danger now.

I was shocked after what I heard from the doctors and before I could say anything, the door opened and came Asher in his black kurta pajama, looking dashing as always but something was missing in him.

That damn smile which could melt anyone's heart.

He seemed so broken and it killed me to no extent.

The doctors turned towards me and told me that Mr. Asher had brought me to the hospital and asked me to take rest and relax herself. With some medicines and advices, they all left the room except Asher.

I was looking at him with blank face as I had no idea what he was doing last night in front of my house and what did he wanted.

Before I could say anything, he asked, "How are you feeling now, Mahi?"

His voice was filled with so much of care, concern and guilt as well. He didn't even came a step closer, he was just standing near the door with his head down and hands at the  back.

For a moment I just wanted to capture those words and those moments in my heart but they were interrupted by my roommate cum best friend and I gave her a dragon-eyed glance but to no avail because Ananya looked so excited that she didn't even bothered to ask about my well being.

I looked surprised at my friend's behavior but my queries came to an end when Ananya read out the piece of paper she was holding in her hands. It read,

Ms. Mahi Srivastava,

This is to kindly inform you that you have been selected for the interview for the course of Mechanical Engineering in Delhi university . Kindly mark your presence on 30th of June at 10:00 am for your scheduled interview.

With regards
Mr. M.k Jain

There was complete silence in the room and the letter brought a storm of emotions and questions in my mind. I was elated. It was my dream to pursue my career, to be an engineer.

But why wasn't I feeling satisfied?

Amongst all those thoughts Ananya gave me a heart warming hug and asked me to get well soon and went outside to get some coffee. Asher was standing there still with no spark in his hypnotic eyes and no smile on his ever to die face. He turned towards the door and paused for a second and left me with one question.

"Your dreams or me?"

"Mahi, I know how passionate you are for your dreams and I truly want you to fulfill them but I also want you to chose the right path which is best for you. I will never force you for anything and I will wait for you because..." he stopped. "Take care Mahi. And I still..." he shook his head. "The decision is all yours."

And the door was closed.

I closed my eyes and just wanted to escape from that world for some time because it was getting harder for me to bear that pain.

The letter was lying on the desk and the flowers that Asher brought were kept on the sofa, all fresh and smiling .

'The decision is all yours" Remembering those words, Mahi went into deep slumber as the sedatives worked on the right time.

Author's note: -

Assalamualaikum everyone . I hope you will like this chapter and please feel free to share your suggestions and your reviews. Jazak allah khair for reading . ❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro