3: The Boy Named Everest

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Gemini at 7 years old

"Are we there yet?"  I impatiently asked while I was sitting in the back seat of the car and staring at the window.

"Gem we literally just left the house 10 seconds ago." Ate Celeste, my older sister said sarcastically while scrolling on her phone.

I just pouted. "Mommy where are we going ba?" I asked my mom.

"Remember mommy's best friend? The one in the picture?" She asked and I nodded.

"The one with the baby with a weird name of a mountain?" I asked.

She laughed. "Yes, her. She just came back home from Italy so we're going to visit her. We'll have lunch at their house. Oh and her son is the same age as you so maybe you two can play together,"

I just nodded and kept asking "Are we there yet" because honestly, I just wanna get this over with! I wanna go home and just lie down and read a ton of books or watch more disney or barbie movies.

And after pestering my whole family for what felt like hours, we finally arrived! Bumaba na kami sa car and I let my mommy and daddy go inside first. The house looked really pretty and it had a garden with a bunch of plants and flowers. When my mom's friend went out of the house, she immediately hugged my mom and the started to excitedly chatter. I just hid behind my mommy and stared at the woman in front of me. I'm a really shy kid!

After a while, mommy's friend noticed me hiding behind my mommy.

"Hala is she Gemini? Ang laki na niya! I remember she was still a cute tiny baby back then," she said and crouched down to be on the same eye level as me. She waved at me and smiled sweetly. "Hi! I'm Tita Isnelda, your mommy's friend. You can call me Tita Isie,"

Bigla akong nakaramdam ng hiya kaya mas lalo akong nagtago sa likod ni mommy.

"Say hi to Tita," mommy told me kaya naman I tilted my head to the side para makita si Tita Isie and I shyly waved at her.

"Oh she's shy like Everest!" she said and stood up. "What a coincidence. They're the same age too, right, Lily?" She asked my mom.

My mom nodded and looked around. "Speaking of which, where's Everest?"

Tita Isie turned around and looked at the door. "Everest, come say hi,"

We all looked at the door and after a few seconds, a little boy suddenly opened the door a bit and peeked through the tiny gap. He was a bit taller than me and he had chubby cheeks. Honestly, he kinda looked like a cute little potato.

Tita Isie gestured for him to come closer and he reluctantly followed. When he came closer, he hid behind his mom just like what I was doing. Copycat!

"Everest, this is Gemini. Gemini, this is Everest," Tita introduced.

"Say hi to each other," my mom said.

"Hi," I said in a low voice and waved at him.

He just waved back without even saying anything.

"Mommy, why doesn't he talk? Is he mute?" I shamelessly asked. Because it was weird! I was usually the most shy kid you'd ever meet but then this boy named Everest appears out of no where and takes my role!

My sister immediately covered my mouth and pinched my arm.

"Ouch! Why did you pinch me?" I complained.

"That was really mean, Gem. Say sorry to Everest," my dad told me.

I looked at Everest who was just staring at me innocently. I suddenly felt guilty. "Sorry,"

But he just hid behind his mom again without saying anything! I frowned. You know, he really just proved my point! I looked at my mom as if I was saying "See? Told ya,"

Everyone around us laughed at our actions.

"They're both very shy too," Tita Isie commented.

"It seems like they'll get along pretty well," my parents added.

And everyone agreed. But I honestly really disagree!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro