Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It took me a few weeks to heal, the king left me alone and didn't bother me while I was resting, he still felt bad about what he did to me. I paced my room up and down, up and down till I needed to rest again. I thought time and time again how I would rescue Rollo. That evening I decided I would return to my clan. I packed my short axes and changed into my armour which was now looser. As soon as the last trumpet was heard announcing the sun had hidden itself I left, leaving my horse in the stables, they wouldn't miss me and wouldn't be aware I was missing.

I pulled my hood over my head and pulled my scarf up over my face and walked in the rain, it was silent except for the tapping of water. The path became like a bog and the wet mud stuck to my trousers and slowed me down, it was morning by the time I reached my old home and the rain had stopped even though my clothes were now damp. I stuck to the treeline for a few minutes surveying my surroundings.

I saw people bustling around the ships and around the town. I knew my disguise would keep me safe and fool the inhabitants here. I managed to slink amongst the hordes of people. I made it to the tavern and took my usual corner table and used the shadows to my advantage. Ragnar and Floki wandered in, they glanced over to me I knew Ragnar recognized my armour and strode over with Floki following.

"Arnora?" Ragnar asked.

"You're here for Rollo aren't you?" Floki said. I nodded and gave him a sign to keep his tone down.

"Have fun trying to find him, he's heavily guarded." Ragnar said.

"That's why I bought these," I said showing him the axes on my waist.

"You know he hasn't said a word about you," Floki remarked.

"Probably because he regrets what he did." I said and placed my hand on the scar. "Now take me to him." Ragnar wasted no time, we both left the tavern and left Floki behind. We went to an abandoned barn, Ragnar told me this is where he was being kept. Instead of picking the lock I booted the door in and there sat in the middle of the floor tied down was a rather grubby Rollo.

I could tell he was shocked to see me. "Arnora?" He asked and tipped his head to the side.

"You thought you could keep me down, but you forgot I don't go down easily." I answered and advanced towards him. Suddenly the door shut and we were surrounded by the men who took him before.

"We knew you'd be back," one sneered at us.

"No blood has to be shed, let us go." Ragnar said. The men continued to walk towards us, crowding us. I reached for the axes on my waist. 

"No, I'm not worth fighting for." Rollo said.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro