1)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

This story is an adaptation of an ancient Slavic legend taken from a tales of princesses book. It won't take it very long because it's a tale for children before going to sleep. The English isn't my mother tongue, so please, be comprehensive.

Hope you enjoy it!

The Clever Farmer and the Extravagant Tsar(RoChu)

Once upon a time there was a very extravagant Tsar, called Ivan Braginski. He was distracted and was immersed in a perpetual bachelorhood. (the stars weren't on his side insofar as it referred to the marriage)The young Tsar of blond hair liked to propose challenges unrealistic to the people.

One sunny day, Ivan came out onto the balcony of his palace and gathered the villagers:

"The first that causes bleed a stone, will have my Crown." Proud of himself, he looked unto the people that tried to push the stones of the road, making a superhuman effort for something impossible to not upsetting the odd monarch.

But a young farmer of Chinese features rounding out the half, was ahead of the rest and dared to say:

"I will make it bleed, but before you must grant it a soul."

The Tsar, shocked, exclaimed:

"Bravo, boy, because you're really one of the cleverer of the Kingdom. What is your name?"

"Yao Wang, his Majesty"

"Well, Yao, as you are so ready, I propose a challenge: If you come back to the city I will give my Crown. But they welcome you and do not receive you, you come riding and at the same time you should not do this. And finally, you may deliver me a gift and at the same time not give me nothing" Considering it impossible, Ivan rejoiced in his already visible victory. he laughed at the farmer.

"I accept the challenge". responded with firmness the boy who has long black hair gathered in a ponytail.

The next day, he left his village toward the Palace of Ivan Braginski. Just he glimpsed the forests surrounding the Palace, Yao released a few hares that baffled the palace guards, who went out to catch them as they fled in rout.

The boy went on his way, riding on the back of a goat, but had feet dangling and they touched the soil so he came walking, even if mounted in the animal.

Thus he came to Ivan who was dumbfounded.

"His Majesty has seen that they have come to meet me and at the same time not. His Majesty has seen that I have been assembled and do not come assembled."

"Great truth". babbled admired the Tsar. "but what about gifts?" added, because he already believed himself the winner

"Majesty, I have the honour to present you with these two white doves". But when Ivan was close to touching their white plumage with the tips of his fingers, the Asian boy egged them and the birds flew away, afraid.

"Thus you see that you've brought a gift and I have not." concluded the beautiful boy with a smile from ear to ear.

Ivan, fell on his knees and with the gesture made by the feeling of defeat, said:

" You defeated me! Yours is my Kingdom!"

Before the astonishment of the Court, the swain approached him and spoke to the ear of the most powerful man in land... or that thought.

"No, milord, yours is my hand. Because I am not a farmer, but the Emperor of the vast ancient lands of Eastern."

The Tsar accepted the request of marriage and it was as the two most powerful kingdoms of the world, became one, living happily ever after as one; Tsar and Emperor.

FINIS

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro