Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dipper was surprised to see not Bill in his dream, but Jill, in her human form, waiting for him in the grassy field, where Bill usually sat. Dipper stared at her. "Why're you here? Is it actually you?"

"If you mean 'am I not a figment of your imagination', then no, I'm not, and it's the real me." Jill motioned for him to sit, and he did.

"Are you guys okay?" Dipper asked quietly.

"For the most part, yes. Well... two of us are." She sighed. "Bill is... he's been hurt the most. He regained his demon form since the last time you saw him, and Ford... well, let's just say he's shown my brother no mercy." She looked over at Dipper. "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

She narrowed her eyes. "Tell me the truth, Dipper."

"What're you talking about?"

"Bill started crying in front of us at noon today. He told me you had hurt yourself as he choked on his own sobs and cried into my shoulder. So answer me again, Dipper- are you okay?"

Dipper stared at her for a long time, until he couldn't hold it in anymore. He started to cry, and uselessly wiped at his cheeks. "I'm sorry, Jill... I'm so, so sorry."

Jill pulled him in, hugging him tightly and rocking from side-to-side. "Shush. It's okay. We're all here for you." She rubbed at his back and pet his hair, trying to calm him down. "It's all alright. It'll all be alright."

Nothing was said for a few minutes as Dipper let it all out. Eventually, he grew limp in Jill's arms. She pulled away and wiped at Dipper's cheeks for him, looking into his bloodshot eyes. "Now tell me what happened. And just to warn you- everything you say from now on will be known by my two brothers. So be honest, okay?"

Dipper took a deep breath. "I don't know where to start."

"What happened this morning that made you so upset."

Dipper fidgeted with his hand. "...you never told me that Bill was going to die."

Jill closed her eyes. "That's why I didn't want him to do this. I'm guessing our child spirits told you in the library." Dipper nodded. "Yes, it's true- when a demon gives up their powers, they have three days for those powers to be returned, or else they pass on. But that can't be all-"

"And why was my name on that paper? I understand Tad and Gideon, but... why me? I... I'm useless."

"Oh, Dipper, don't say that-"

"It's true." Dipper began crying again. "I didn't know what to do last night to help. I still don't know what to do. Maybe I shouldn't try and help- I'll probably just mess everything up, anyway."

"No." Jill grabbed Dipper's shoulders. "Don't you dare say that. Don't you dare say that you're useless. You're not. If your name is on that paper, then we need you. Bill needs you. It's a rare thing for Bill to need help, but he does. He needs it from you, and you're going to be there for him. He's not going to die. You're not going to die. At the end of the day tomorrow, we're all going to be alive and well, all because of you, so don't you dare thing that none of this is worth it-"

Dipper pushed Jill away. "Stop. Just stop." He stood up and faced away from her. "We're done here."

"Dipper, don't walk away from me!"

"Or what, you're going to kill me?" Dipper called over his shoulder. "Do it then."

"Dipper!" Dipper ignored his call, only continued walking forward. "Get back here right now, Mason Pines!"

Dipper froze in his spot, turning around to face Jill. He narrowed his eyes. "You have no right to call me that."

Jill crossed her arms. "I'm you're future sister. You can do nothing about it."

"You, Jillian, are no sister of mine." Dipper spat.

He turned back around and ran off, sobbing and ignoring the calls coming from behind him. He only stopped running when he could no longer hear Jill's voice. He stopped, falling to the ground and crying in his hands until he had no tears left. He wiped at his face, until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped up and spun around, seeing Bill in his human form behind him. He believed this was the dream version of him, since Bill still didn't have his powers.

Dipper fell into Bill's chest, and Bill wrapped his arms around Dipper. "It's okay, Mason. I'm right here."

Dipper sniffed. "No you're not. You're really in a cage in the basement."

Bill nodded. "I know." He pulled away. "But I know how to get out, without the need of others."

Dipper tilted his head. "How?"

"Give me back my powers. I'll get them in the real world, and I can get my siblings and I out of the cage."

"Are you sure? You're not lying to me?"

"Why would I lie about something like that?" Bill took Dipper's hands. "Now stay still and focus on me."

The same thing from before started to happen- a yellow aura appeared around Dipper and started to move to Bill, seeping into his skin. Dipper didn't feel different this time, but he figured it was because he was used to it by now.

It was over in a flash, and Dipper looked up at Bill, who smiled back. "You better figure out what to say to me in the real world, since I'll be coming up fast."

Dipper widened his eyed. "Oh, God-"

Dipper woke up, sitting up quickly in the bed. He looked over at Mabel, who was awake, too, and staring at him. "Dipper? What's wrong?"

Dipper immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom, locking himself in. He ignored his sister pounding on the door as he reached into the cupboard, pulling out a bottle of sleeping pills. He shook it- it was still a full bottle.

He heard voices outside- familiar voices. Four of them.

"Dipper, unlock the door!" Mabel yelled.

"What is he doing in there?" Will asked out loud.

"I don't know, but it can't be good." Jill muttered.

"Mason, please. Open the door. Let me see you." Dipper froze at the sadness evident in Bill's voice.

Dipper quickly unscrewed the cap to the pill bottle, trying to guess how many he could take to immediately pass out.

"That's it, I'm blasting the door!" Jill yelled.

"No, don't!" Bill yelled back. "You could hurt him!"

"At this point, he deserves it!"

Screw it.

He downed the bottle.

Dipper immediately began to feel lightheaded. His eyes began to droop. He stumbled backwards, dropping the pill bottle onto the floor.

The bathroom door flew off its hinges, and Bill flew inside in his triangle form. Dipper smiled at him weakly before passing out, falling backwards and hitting the bathtub's edge with his head.

"Mason!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro