(2) Party Killer

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The smell of alcohol and booze sifted through the air. I wore a brown sweater vest and some blue jeans. I clearly stood out of place with my black leather notebook in my pocket and a twenty dollar pen in the pocket of my vest, with the only thing similar to everyone else being the neon pink wrist band on my left hand.

I could feel the looks the other concert goers gave me as I walked by. Most were already drunk, teenagers who were on spring break. I looked around and I instantly could tell that I was one of the older people in the crowd, standing at twenty nine years of age. The youngest concert goers in the crowd appeared to be about ten, accompanied by an adult - appearing either about my age or twenty years older.

I walked around a bit, trying to get the feel of the place before finding my seat. Even though I was off the clock, the detective in me couldn't help but snoop around. The line up for the washrooms was long and I really didn't feel like waiting a lifetime just to use the toilet, so I wandered over to the snack stand.

There was a variety of food set out; cotton candy, popcorn, chips. They were even offering nachos and hot dogs. I did decide to wait in line, it was pretty short and actually moved through fairly quickly. I wasn't feeling very hungry, so I simply ordered a large soda and went on my merry way.

In my mind, I planned out the perfect sipping times, so I could save the drink for the whole concert and not have to leave for the washroom. I have a weak bladder, and if I drink too much in one sitting, it will explode. Figuratively speaking of course.

I took a sip of my drink before heading to my seat. I stopped at the entrance to the stadium to check the time on my wrist watch, five forty five, I still had fifteen minutes to find my seat and get comfortable.

My eyes scanned the stadium for my seat, but to no avail. I sighed and pulled out one of the tickets from my pocket, I then waited in a short line to get the ticket checked by one of the volunteers that would point me in the direction of my seat.

I checked my watch again after I handed my ticket to the volunteer, five fifty, I had only ten minutes now to find my seat and get comfortable. My heart began to race, why was I getting so anxious when I didn't want to come here in the first place? I took a sip of my drink as the volunteer handed me my ticket back. They pointed me in the right direction and I smiled at them after mumbling my thanks. I then awkwardly scurried away to my seat.

I awkwardly slide through the row of seats to get to mine, all while scootching past seated people, trying to not step on anything or anyone and keeping my drink in my hands.

"Sorry. S'cuse me. Sorry. Don't mind me." I mumbled as I squeezed to my seat, plopping down upon it and releasing a sigh of relief. I was finally in my seat.

I looked to where I came from and then looked to the other side. Turns out my seat was on the end of the row, I just took the long way to get there. Ugh. I took a long sip of my drink and looked down at the stage. At least I was in my seat at last.

I looked to my watch to check the time, five fifty eight. Two minutes till it starts. That should be enough time to prepare myself in silence.

"Hey there seat mate!" A voice called out, interrupting my silence. I looked up to see someone sitting in the seat of the extra ticket that I had.

"Um. Hi." I raised my left hand and gave a small, short wave. I then took another sip of my drink.

"So is this your first concert?" The stranger next to me chirped. They had black messy hair and tan toned skin, they wore what looked like a set of shredded rags. Probably the new thing in fashion, I was never one to keep up with fashion styles.

"Uhm, well." I played with my thoughts, not sure if the wiggles concert that I took my niece to counted as a concert. "Yes. This is my first concert."

"Ah. I can tell." He scoffed and I took a fairly large sip in an attempt not to go off on the poor soul beside me. I was even too cowardly to tell him that he was sitting in the seat that my other ticket reserved.

Not wanting to start another conversation with this baffoon next to me, I stared down at my watch and took another big sip. It was five minutes past six, the concert was supposed to have started by now, the opening band was five minutes late. I took another sip as I began to become anxious.

Soon, the lights began to dim and a spotlight hovered over the stage as a group of people walked out onto the stage.

"Are you ready to rock?" The one I assumed to be the lead singer, called out and the crowd cheered wildly.

I took another sip of my drink.

"I can't hear you! I said, are you ready to rock!" The crowd screamed loudly, and the guy next to me screeched with what I could only assume as excitement. I think.

I nearly choked on my drink, I was not expecting the screech to be so loud and in my ear.

"Ah 1! Ah 2! Ah 1! 2! 3! 4!" The band then began to play a loud rock and roll type of song.

I cringed a bit at the loudness, I never expected it to be this kind of concert. I suppose my boss gave me the tickets for this specific reason. I shrugged and took another sip of my drink.

...Drrssshhhh...

I pulled off the lid and looked into the cup, my mouth frowned and my brows furrowed at the sight of the empty drink cup.

"That's a shame." I mumbled to myself, but was shushed by the man beside me. I rolled my eyes when he was not looking at me, before I felt a tingle down under. Great.

I planned to avoid it, but there was no avoiding it now. I needed to pee.

So I stood up halfway through the opening act and scooted by the man at the end of the row. Then to avoid angry people, I quickly hurried out of the stadium and to the port-a-potties outside. As I passed a trash can, I tossed my empty cup into it and then I slipped into a vacant port-a-potty.

From the stall, I could hear the music almost as clearly as if it were on the radio outside the stall. I closed my eyes and smiled at the relief, for a moment all was silent.

Not a sound was heard.

Not a scream.

Not a cheer.

Not even a cough.

And then I realized I had blacked out on the potty. Shit. Literally.

I jumped up and out of the stall, quickly hurrying back into the stadium.

My eyes widened at the horror it saw. Everyone, in the entire stadium, was unconscious.

Lifeless.

Dead.

================================

Word count: 1261

What do you think happened?
Is everyone really dead?
How come Riley is the only one alive?

Feel free to comment. Feedback is always welcome.
Thanks for reading,
XerinaFang
❤️❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro