Font size
Chiều cao dòng

“I think Mother Nature is kind of cranky today.”
- Boo Boo, Yogi Bear

♬Song♬
‘Here’s to Never Growing Up’ by Avril Lavigne

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Electra's POV

“Levantate Lecty (Get up)!” I heard Valeria shout in a playful tone, from across my bed. Although my body disagreed, my mind blackmailed it to betray me. Therefore, with a pouty sigh I promptly stood up, huge mistake, my brain ridiculed.

“I’m up, but I can’t see,” my eyes fluttered wide open, though all I saw was obscurity. “It’ll probably wear off in a few segundos, it normally happens when you get up muy rapido (very fast),” Val explained and after what felt like forever I could finally see again.

“No fair!” I exclaim at the sight of Valeria still cuddled up in blankets, she seriously had the nerve to tell me to stand up first. Look, at it this way, you get to use the bathroom first and take as long as you want, my thoughtful conscience suggested. Even better, “Would you like a splash of water on this fine morning?” I asked sweetly, as I focused on prepping my bed.

“You aren’t capable of doing that to Mr Cuddles,” she accused, hugging her bed snugly. “You named your bed Mr Cuddles... really now?” I ask rhetorically, as my laughter flooded the room.

As it reached its denouement, I finally realized what she had said, “Oh and Val, whenever someone comes in-between me and my sleep, I’m capable of the impossible,” I stated, buoyantly it sounded dangerous.

Val must have noticed the mischievous grin on my face, as she bolted out of Mr Cuddles, as if he were on fire. “I’m up, there is no need for that on the second day my dear dreammate,” she spoke in an anticipative tone while folding a blanket, yet I could see her cautiously staring at me from the corner of her eye. 

“Not if you wake me up at...” I said as my eyes popped in astonishment,

05:30

“Oops...” I heard Val say as she raised her hands up to surrender, then I grabbed a pillow from my bed, “You are so going to pay for this!” I exclaimed with a ready-for-battle expression.

“Noooo,” Val cried out, as she ran to the door and skilfully unlocked it. “You will not get away with this!” I shouted, chasing her down the empty corridor. “Yes I will!” Mr Cuddles’ owner shouted in reply. As we were nearing the end, Val had skipped the elevator and opted for the stairs.

She ran up them as if though her life depended on it and as long as I had my pillow, it sure did. I charged up the stairs and took a quick cessation. Just to hear Valeria breathing aloud, “Hombre (Man) I’m unfit.” I used this to my advantage and swung the pillow around the corner to the right with full force. After the hit, I heard Valeria’s cacophonous laughter behind me.

But if she’s behind me, who did I h-

“I do not appreciate being slapped with a pillow in the morning. Whatever have I done to deserve such a disdainful punishment?” The blonde-haired guy positioned in front of me, asked. My eyes dwindled down to the floor, “Uh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you, see I wa-“

“You saw this handsome British guy, wanted to get his number and stalked me but wasn’t as discreet,” he said with a smirk and air of conceitedness. Sure, he had a model-like physique and indistinct forest green eyes, but that was not the point. “You know, you should totally try-out for the role of Narcissist, I know you’ll get it,” I said as my prior sheepish smile had metamorphosed into a frown.

“I just might Pillowgirl, I just might,” was his reply.

“She wasn’t stalking you, she was chasing me,” Val stated, a slight glare directed in the British guy’s direction. She ambled forward in her Paramore shorty-pyjamas. “Alright, whatever flies in your nest, Birdie,” he replied sassily.

I followed the gaze of his eyes and noted that they were on Val’s hair. Unfortunately, since we have both just rose and her hair was not in a good condition, in one fell swoop I immediately placed my pillow on my head.

After linking both our arms, Valeria replied with an equal amount of sass, “Oh please, whatever fits in your combat boots British brute.” Upon reaching our dorm room, both of us fell on our beds, “Well that was eventful,” Val stated, as I stared up at the peach ceiling still knocked for six.

I good-naturedly waited for Valeria outside the door, with my denim sling-bag and flats in tow. My outfit for this daunting day was a casual jeans and navy blue halter neck. “Estoy listo (I am ready),” Val said, as she dashed out the door unexpectedly. Her black hair in easy-going curls, paired with ripped jeans and a white, off-shoulder top. After she locked the door, I peered over a gaze to the schedule that occupied my hands.

“Our sequence of sessions is the same, but you’re in DREAM02 and I’m in DREAM01,” Valeria noted, with her shoulders slumped back in disappointment. Suddenly with a spark of excitement gleaming in her eyes she said, “Ah, this is an awesome opportunity for us to make new friends!”

“I guess so,” I replied, spacing into deep contemplation. Making friends is like an outfit for a spring formal, it has to match the theme; likewise blending into the right crowd takes a great deal of self-questioning.

“Luckily music is first, an awesome way to skyrocket this Monday morning, don’t you think?” Valeria asked rhetorically, with a skywards grin. As I nodded, the vivacious Val dragged me straight past the elevator, allowing us to gain many stares. 

We reached the Dream Studio like greased lightning, seeing, as Valeria’s eagerness exploded ubiquitously.  I dotted Miguel’s chocolate brown eyes in front of the elevator and his face lit up in recognition. However, since I was standing behind, I just reimbursed his smile with a slight wave and a shy smile of my own. The elevator had a jovial atmosphere, as everyone waited for the gateway to open. Some exited as we reached floors 2 & 3; including Miguel.

When we departed at floor 4 and I found my class, (M2) “Mommy’s going to let you leave the nest now, fly my little birdie,” Val said dramatically, she wiped the non-existent tears from her eyes and sped away, as I laughed my way into music class.

To my incredulity, it was over-flowing with melody, as all stares were directed to the middle of the room. Allowing my head to nod along with the beat, I listened to the African-American guy strumming his fingers smoothly on his guitar,

I thought you were a friend
Why did it have to end?
You used me and took me for granted
Our friendship has hit a dead end
Man I thought you were a true friend
But a broken friendship is just around the bend
Oh I got the real blues
Yes I have, Yes I have
The real friend blues
That’s what I said y’all
The real friend blues
Our friendship has done nothing but fall

You see folks
I got these real friend blues
That’s what I got now
The real friend blues
Mm hmm mm hmm
The real friend blues 

A round of applause was given instantaneously, as the guy, dressed in a Nirvana t-shirt took a bow. It was definitely alleviating and a splash of... “What did you guys think?” He queried casually, waiting for what seemed to be critical pointers.

“Boost the bass and quicken the tempo,” a girl with purple highlights spoke up as she stared at her perfectly manicured nails in awe.

“And you, girl with the blonde hair?” He asked, as he raised his left eyebrow in expectation. “Me?” I enquired and he then nodded in confirmation. I could feel everyone gazing at me from under an invisible magnifying glass.

“It doesn’t lack soul and depth but you could add a drumming beat in the background like this,” I then tapped the referred beat on a nearby desk, “and perhaps do some improv vocals at the end.” I suggested, fiddling with my fingers until...

“It needs some tweaks here and there, but if you collaborate that song with a female you can hit melismatic vocals at the end,” a manly voice uttered from the transparent ingress.

“Brayden Haynes!” The high-pitch scream came from the brunette girl beside me, following with a loud thud thereafter.

My head turned slowly, my facial expression speechless at the bombshell that was displayed before my astonished blues: little Matt and his brother!

“Hey Ellie!”

Dedicated to: Pizzaloverdude - songwriter of Real Friend Blues

DISCUSSION TIME:

∞ What do you guys think about British Brute?

∞ Are you a morning person and have you named your bed?

∞ Who wants Matt’s POV next & what do you think will happen to Electra or Ellie as Matt calls her?

If you enjoyed it, then please:

→ VOTE

→ COMMENT

→ SHARE

→ FOLLOW

Thank you for reading♪, next chapter in Matt's POV😉

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro