☆ • 9 • ☆

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

————❖————

"The flame glowed?"

"Yes, Majesty. The flame glowed for a while but it was back to normal again," Yoongi disclosed and Taehyung sat calmly, pensive about the odd happening. Yoongi gestured to Jimin to not utter a word and Jimin stayed silent.

"I will discuss this with Sister Cressida and make sure to update me about the earthling from time to time. Sister Minerva, please don't let your emotions take over your rationality. At this point, anyone could be a potential danger to the kingdom. I hope you understand. I'll let it slide this one time," Taehyung portrayed a stoic face as his words resonated in the Palace Chambers.

Jimin and Minerva bowed to the King and paced out of the Chamber, utterly in disbelief at Yoongi's words. They weren't sure if Yoongi lied to bail them out from the King's ludicrous wrath. But they couldn't discard the fact that Yoongi was the most dutiful and true-hearted to the King and his commands.

"The King attended to her care. He helped her and that could probably be one of the reasons, " Yoongi explained as the couple stood there still, comprehending the previous acts of their negligent King. 

"But how did he even know that the Ether energy could save her?" Minerva questioned, wondering if the King possessed some hidden talents in medicine that none were aware of but then, she shook her head, brushing away that dumb thought since the King only happened to be crowned with almost no knowledge about the existence of the realm and the realm's monarchy.

"That could be a question for later. We need to check on her. I just don't want her to die in this realm. Brother Seokjin would accuse me of killing her even when she brought all of this to herself," Yoongi muttered and Jimin glowered at the elder, almost wanting to shoot a fireball at him.

"You knew that something would happen, right? Yet, you encouraged her. What kind of heartless Descendant are you?" Jimin snapped, lunging at him and the elder pushed him away, the heat radiated by Jimin was scorching. Minerva held her husband despite her hands feeling the burn with his sweltering heat.

"I know nothing would happen so I let her do it. I might be heartless but I don't have any intentions to kill the human. Stop that, you are hurting her," Yoongi drifted their hands apart, checking on Minerva's hands if she was injured badly. He knew she would gain blisters and sighed at her in frustration.

"You know you don't have to always deal with your husband's temper issues. He's sick for not thinking about you and you are dumb for letting him hurt you," Yoongi chided and Minerva smiled despite the elder looking awfully mad.

"I am so sorry. I did it again. I just- I forgot that- Why did you have to always take the risk?" Jimin mumbled, examining his wife's hands. Now that he's cooled down, Minerva felt more than relieved. Though they don't usually behave like a happily married couple and are neither one, they never forget their responsibilities towards each other, the only reason that kept their knot safe until today.

"Take her to Galen, she will treat it. I will go to Namjoon to discuss something important. And take care of Jungkook, he will probably be disheartened on hearing the news. He should not be distressed, at times like these," Yoongi admonished and Jimin nodded, helping his wife to Galen's personal chamber.

"You did it again? How many times should I tell you to be careful and gentle when it comes to her?" Galen chided and Jimin's face drowned in remorse, as he glanced at his wife smiling through the pain. Minerva walked ahead to sit beside Galen as the healer got the required medicine to treat her.

"It was not his fault. It's just one of his instincts. He never meant any harm to me. Ouch! Sister, you didn't warn me," Minerva complained as Galen traced her fingers on the blisters with the medicine on the wounds. Galen chuckled, motioning her fingers over the injury as the blisters faded away slowly.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked and Minerva smiled, assuring him by displaying her hand that was absolutely normal now. Galen is not a normal healer, at least not one inside the Palace Gates. She mastered the art of healing with magic, which conspires against the general norms of the Healers Clan. People would start revolting against her, mistaking her for a witch with dark magic.

It was typically mistaken by everyone that dark magic is foul and is meant to inflict suffering on the less powerful. Dark magic is one of the oldest forms of magic and nurturing it takes a load of heart and strength. Without it, the cosmos wouldn't have been evolved, ether wouldn't have been in existence, yet people fear it because any energy stronger than them can overpower them.

"Why couldn't you do that to Hana? I mean, you could have used your magic," Jimin asked, curious at how the most efficient healer in the realm was so helpless when Hana was writhing and crying in pain. He didn't understand the logic behind Taehyung using his power to heal someone.

"I couldn't do. I tried to but it was getting out of my hands and before I could experiment and put her life at bay, I started using the conventional methods. But then, Majesty appeared out of nowhere and saved her in his energy sphere. It was too powerful for me to understand and configure. I was just relieved that she was getting fine. I think there's still a part of him unraveled," Galen spoke, pondering over the time when Taehyung appeared out of nowhere just when she was in need.

"I wish we could talk to him like before. It was all good until that day. That day ruined it all for us. Whatever happened, I think it doesn't change the fact that we could do nothing about it. I hope something's ahead that would pull him from the cold dolor into a warm solace, " Jimin wished and Minerva smiled.

"We shall not lose hope. I can sense good days. It's just proven that he cares. He cared for her and that's why the flame glowed. Maybe, we could get our Taehyung back," Minerva spoke, her eyes gleaming in optimism and the two nodded.

"I will prepare the necessary potions for her to sustain in the realm. It's not that earthlings can't live here but they happened to have mutated to adjust to their changes on the planet," Galen informed and was about to walk away but Minerva held her hand.

"No, don't. Let her be. She was literally surviving in ether's energy. Maybe, if something affects her, Majesty might start to care about her again. The flame could glow again," Minerva suggested, though hesitant at a thoughtless method to aid in the flame's resurrection.

"Minerva, we can't use Hana for our selfish deeds. She has already suffered enough because of Brother Yoongi's experiments. Let's not push her more into a hole that Majesty dug up himself," Jimin opposed and Minerva sighed, nodding.

"I can heal her. If anything happens to her, I will take responsibility. Minerva doesn't usually put forward something that could cause Hana harm. She was the first one to adhere to her care," Galen promised but Jimin wasn't convinced. He knew the next days will be tough for the earthlings and could even destroy the entire life but he wasn't sure if a plan so uncertain would be of any good.

"If else, I could ask Ursula. She'd love to help us," Minerva chirped in and quickly, covered her mouth with her palms as she stared at an angry Jimin. She gulped down, taking a breath as his heat started radiating around her.

"Stop it, Jimin," Galen yelled, making Jimin frozen at his place.

"I beg you to control yourself in front of her. She is an angel and she is not prepared to burn in your anger. Just because she is tied to you, she doesn't deserve to get hurt every time you lose your control. If this continues, I shall have to request Sister Cressida to keep Minerva away from you. And this time, it will be more than a year and more painful than before," Galen warned, shielding Minerva who's eyes glistened, remembering the time when Jimin cried for months outside Hoseok's and Cressida's quarters, asking for forgiveness.

"It's okay. It's not hurting me at all," Minerva smiled and Jimin closed his eyes, cursing himself for being so careless and inattentive again.

"I am so sorry. I am just scared that you are talking to Ursula again. Majesty condemned everyone from talking to witches and you are defying him. If he knows, he would banish you from the realm," Jimin apologized, holding Minerva's hands gently and raised them to place a tender kiss on them. Minerva blushed, her heart chiming with the unusual gesture from her husband.

"Uhm-" Galen cleared her throat, eyeing mischievously at the couple who was never meant to be together, and yet, the fate tied them. They are dutiful towards each other but never placed feelings on a pedestal. They are attuned to each others' presence but they never deciphered if there's a spark between them.

"If you are taking the help of Ursula, be careful. Ursula is one of the most powerful witches out there and Brother Yoongi and Majesty don't share a much liking towards them. I know Ursula helped you a lot but witches from the dark world are not to be trusted," Jimin forewarned, seriously concerned and Minerva smiled.

"I will be fine. Ursula once killed a witch who tried to offer my wings as a sacrifice. I trust her with all my heart," Minerva gave her word to Jimin and he agreed, even though he was slightly reluctant on counting in a witch during the dark times.

"Talking about your wings, let me examine them. It's been so long and you are too stubborn to let them loose," Galen walked towards Minerva and turned her around swiftly, removing her corset. As she was about to unbutton her blouse, Jimin coughed and paced towards the door.

"You can stay," Galen spoke but Jimin smiled nervously, scratching his nape. Minerva choked on air when she heard Galen's words.

"I think I need to look out for Jungkook. I am scared if he was fishing out Hana's belongings to find something he saw on earth. I need to hurry up, I guess. I will be leaving then, Sister Galen. Minerva, take care," Jimin rambled and disappeared out of the room, leaving Galen in a fit of laughter.

"When will you start acting like husband and wife? It's been years and I am sure you feel something for each other. Why don't you give this marriage a chance?" Galen asked and Minerva smiled, sliding off her blouse, letting Galen examine her scars.

"Why can't you just cut them? They just hold bad memories," Minerva asked as Galen traced her fingers over Minerva's bareback.

"Remember your origin. You are an angel and don't let go of what is gifted to you. These beautiful wings, they belong to you," Galen muttered, closing her fist and Minerva gasped as a few glass containers flew off the table with the sudden gust of wind.

Galen's face twinkled, as the beautiful wings protruded from Minerva's back, majestic and glowing in a fusion of soft cream, white, and a light shade of silver. Minerva's skin turned glossy, shining in the rosy sun rays peeking through the glass roof of the chamber.

She was ethereal, painted in purity and innocence while her wings rose to glory, marking her position in her clan. She was graceful, as the delicate feathers were strongly bound together, her wings slowly fluttering in freedom from the chain she cohered them to for several months.

"They look beautiful on you," Galen complimented and Minerva stood up, looking at her reflection through a piece of glisten.

"I loved them. But it only lasted until I lost her, until I lost all of them"

──  *.☽ .* ──

"Why isn't she waking up yet?" Taehyung asked as he sat beside Hana's bed and Jin smiled, patting Taehyung's back as he sat down beside him. The King still looked puissant and sturdy as he continued to transfer his energy to escalate the healing process.

"She will wake up. Don't give up hope. Her vitals have become better from what I heard," Jin informed the piece of information Namjoon shared and Taehyung nodded, heaving out a breath as he put his hand inside the energy sphere.

"She is hurt because of my flame and for some reason, it hurts me a lot. I don't want to see anyone hurt but it's just that I feel helpless when I start to care," Taehyung spoke and Jin stayed silent, though his heart squealed in ecstasy at how the younger was reminded of heeding to people's care even if it was just one single person.

"Sometimes, things don't happen to stay in our hands. We are privileged to hold the responsibility of a part of nature and hold the energy of a flame but that comes along with an onerous duty. What happened to you wasn't fair but the consequences are not fair for the innocent ones out there as well," Jin tried to take the advantage of the calm and pacific Taehyung and put in his words while he listens.

"I know where this will lead do to, Brother Jin. It's of no use. I was about to oust Sister Minerva from the Palace today when she did so much for me. She was betrothed to me but she didn't deny my request when I asked her to marry Jimin. I am heartless, brother. I don't deserve this. Why don't you just take the throne?" Taehyung groaned, caressing the cold hands of the unconscious girl.

"It's not easy, Taehyung ah. We have already talked about this ever since you landed here. The flame chooses its descendent and it chose you. Perhaps, it believes you more than you do," Jin spoke, breathing in as he filled the room with fresh earthly scent to lighten the atmosphere.

"If you grow weak, we all would grow weak. If you get destroyed, all of us would bite the dust. Please stay strong for us, for everyone in this world. They need you. It's hard, I agree but you were destined to do this," Jin mouthed as he noticed how Taehyung was unknowingly stroking Hana's hair fondly.

"I will try. I couldn't handle seeing someone in pain. I realized it today and if something happens because of my carelessness, I will not able to tolerate the guilt," Taehyung mumbled as he pulled out his hand from Hana's hair.

"I know you better. Cressida told me that you wanted to join the next Royal Convention. Everyone will be pleased to see you back," Jin smiled, his eyes beaming in the younger's change of heart even though a slight fear arose that that would last for just a fortnight and he would be back into his cold and irresponsible cloak again.

Jin and Taehyung had several heartfelt conversations and at times, Taehyung decides to change himself for a better future but then, it never lasted for more than a week or two. He was inconsistent but Jin couldn't push all the blame on him. The chaos and the betrayal struck hard on his confidence and strength.

Taehyung is smart, friendly, and loyal like any other King was. He was like that one big diamond that people never pick up but ends up in the crown of jewels. But then, he was delicate, not like a glass doll or a flower petal but like a drizzle, spreading happiness everywhere he pours. But a thunder stroke, a harsh pang of lightning turned him into a cold storm, inevitable and everlasting.

"She came here to save her world, a brave one indeed. Thanks for telling me that or I would have made some ridiculous assumptions," Taehyung spoke as he stood up to leave and Jin nodded.

"They wouldn't tell me first even if they find her awake. Please let me know so I can have a little chat with her. I need to know some details from her," Taehyung requested and Jin bowed, earning a chuckled from the younger. Taehyung left the room in cue and Jin stared at the innocent girl in awe.

"Indeed a brave one"

──  *.☽ .* ──

"What's cooking?" Yoongi asked as he entered a dark room, a faint purple gleam being the only source of luminescence. Yoongi coughed as a strong odor coursed through his nose and chuckles filled the air.

"Stop your stupid pranks. I am not here to entertain them today, Ursula," Yoongi rasped, and Ursula appeared behind his backing, making the Earth Descendant stumble at his spot. Yoongi gritted his teeth as the playful witch smiled wickedly.

"Favors. Favors. Favors. All the time you come here is for a favor. And no, I can't resurrect people, make you talk to souls, and can't implement a search mission in the Afterworld. Do you want to turn invisible for some time, maybe I can do that but you will have to owe me something in the future," Ursula blabbered with tiny giggles in between as she rushed to her cauldron to mix some herbs and roots.

"Alright! I will return your favor in any way you want. And this is nothing about all that. Also, by doing this you could prove your witches' loyalty to Utopia and the King," Yoongi offered and Ursula was on her feet to Yoongi with a wide cheeky smile.

"Oh tell me, I can go to any lengths to prove my loyalty and earn respect towards our family of witches," Ursula sounded desperate and Yoongi took a step behind, finding the mischievous witch too close to him.

"I want you to open a portal to earth,"

"What?"

"It's time someone needs to go back to their place"

————❖————

A/N: It's been really long and sorry for making you all wait. I had some issues with my laptop and then, my college started. Everything turned out to be too hectic. Hope you liked this chapter and we have so much ahead! Stay tuned.

Also, if you have time, please check out my new work, Keeping Up with the Kims

Take care, everyone

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro