1. Lost Girl

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 1: Lost Girl

Wendy steps off the bus, heading back to her dorm, realizing halfway there that it was probably stupid to walk by herself considering what happened last time. She reaches into her purse, grabbing the pepper spray her mom bought her, wanting to be prepared this time.

"Wendy," She hardly hears her name from behind, causing her to freeze, but walks faster after a second. She has seen too many horror films to know what happens when someone turns around and yells out in the dark, "We've got to stop meeting like this," The voice gets closer as if they ran to catch up with her, yet the tone was steady. Not wavering or struggling to catch their breath. Wendy ran, not wanting to look. "Wendy," The voice sounds like it is taunting her and at this point, she can't tell if it is real or in her head.

She nearly ran past her building, but pulled her card out with a shaky hand, yanking the door open and pulling it shut behind her.

"Everything okay?" The person behind the desk asked, but Wendy ignored them, heading toward the elevator.

Wendy pressed the button for her floor, letting out a breath of relief when the doors came to a close. Her phone started to ring, causing her to jump slightly, but she pulled it out of her pocket. "Hello?"

"L.G.!" her best friend started, causing her to roll her eyes at the nickname he came up with early on in their friendship, "where are you?"

"I'm at my dorm. Why?" Wendy stepped out of the elevator, using one hand to grab her keys from her purse.

"No, you aren't,"

"And how would you know?" She put the key in the door, turning the knob.

"Because I'm—" He stopped when she walked through, smiling at her, "Lost Girl! Welcome."

She hung up, throwing her purse on the desk near the door, and her phone back in her pocket, "What do you want, Clay?"

"I have to want something to visit you?" He put a hand over his heart, feigning heartbreak.

"He wouldn't leave until he saw you," Her roommate spoke up. She was sitting on her bed with a textbook open, writing in her notebook. She didn't look at her which told Wendy that the assignment was due in the morning.

Wendy crossed her arms, raising her eyebrows, "I'm guessing this isn't about the history assignment?"

"Alright, you caught me L.G.," He stepped toward her, still keeping a fair distance between them, "I wanted to check up on you. I overheard some jerks joking about scaring you. I wasn't sure if they would..."

"I can take care of myself, Clay," Wendy smiled at him, hoping it was believable. If she told him what happened, he would never leave.

Clayton's eyes seemed to hold a certain sadness, almost pity. He blamed himself for what happened to Wendy, wanting to believe that he could've scared off the person. Or maybe they wouldn't have even tried to attack her if she wasn't alone. He was trying to chip through this shield Wendy has put up around herself but had no luck. She has never been one to allow other people to take care of her when in trouble.

"I guess I better go then," He said, but didn't make an effort to move, which made Wendy crack a smile. She tried to hold it back, not wanting to encourage him. "Long walk ahead of me. Pretty late..." Clay glanced behind him at the window and then back to Wendy.

She let the smile breakthrough, glimpsing over at her roommate before saying, "Fine, you can stay," He started to smile back, but she said, "as long as Mia says that it is okay,"

At the sound of her name, Mia finally looked at them. Clay had his hands together, pleading. It had been a month into the semester, and Clay seemed to hang out more at their dorm than in his own. She wasn't sure if he had a crush on Wendy or simply clung to her because she is familiar. "Fine with me. But if I wake up in the middle of the night to a squeaking bed...I'll kill you both."

Both Wendy and Clay scrunched up their face in disgust, which gave Mia all the information she needed. She smiled at both of them but shoved her nose back into her work.

Clay jumped onto Wendy's bed, making himself comfortable. He looked over at her, "Come on baby, gimmie a kiss," He puckered his lips. She grabbed a throw pillow from the desk chair and threw it at him.

"Knock it off," Wendy turned away from him, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"Who you calling?"

"My mother," She replied, "Now hush,"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro