Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Violent contents ahead:

Jin picked up the intercom as soon as it rang.

"Mr. Watanabe? I am sorry for disturbing you, sir. I had a message for you," the front desk receptionist said with a pure northern accent.

"No problem."

"Mr. Pererra left a message that he'd be waiting for you in the swimming pool of the back lawn. Also asked me to remind you to bring all the documents that needed to sign the deal."

"Got it, thank you." Jin quietly put down the receiver.

He needed to think quickly. After all the things Sarah said last night, it is evident that they know he wasn't what he was supposed to pretend like. But probably they don't know who he actually was, otherwise that man wouldn't have come into his suite to investigate.

Jin decided, he'll go and meet them. Pretend everything is as same as before and try to find out the missing puzzles.

He got up from the bed, went into the bathroom, and splashed cold water on his face. Staring at the mirror, his eyes again lingered in the long scar on his bicep.

Arya had a scar at the same place.

Engage- stop hit- the first feint- parry- disengage-

the whole fencing sequence seemed to flash before his eyes.
Arya was, as usual. Not obeying the rules of fencing and defending herself. Rather her approach to attack made the blade in Jin's hand slash through her biceps, causing the bloody mess all around.

When was that? Ten or nine years ago?

Jin touched the scar in his bicep. Arya didn't have that scar there anymore. She covered that with a tattoo long ago.

Jin shook Arya's thoughts out of his head and proceeded to get ready.

The black suit was Givenchy with the classic Patek Philippe vintage black collection wristwatch around his wrist.
The skinny tie was steel blue and classy with a Tiffany brooch on the right lapel. The tie pin and cuffs both had tiny sapphires and white gold matching his clean elegance.

Jin back brushed his hair with a growing mullet behind. He lost a bet with Taehyung last month resulting in him growing his hair far below his usual long crew cut.

He finished with a touch of cologne around his cuffs and collar.
Versace smells classy in the evening.

Taking his phone and a leather attache, he headed out.

The whole swimming pool area was empty for them. Perrera left no room for unwanted people to step in the middle.

The table beside the blue glowing light coming from under the water was now surrounded by vintage bottles and a billiard board.

"So, why are you alone? It's a big deal to make." Perrera interjected seeing Jin concentrating on the white ball with his cue.

"Hearing your reputation, I didn't think I should worry about my safety or any scams...or should I?" Jin skillfully returned the question to Perrera.

"No. But isn't it odd, Mr. Watanabe?"

"I am a businessman, Mr. Perrera. I sell foods for a living, not a gangster who needs to walk around with a bodyguard."

"Says the man who owns the biggest restaurant chain in East Asia."

"That's an exaggeration," Jin carefully answered, "It may be a little out of depth for wanting to expand in the field I have no expertise in, but believe me when I say I have people to take care of it for me."

"So why you are here, not them?"

"I am here to sign the contract, Mr. Perrera." Jin looked at him, "Don't get me wrong, all the financial exchanges will be between my accounts managers, my men, and my lawyers. You'll get the half amount before the delivery, and after getting the shipments, you'll get the rest of the money." Jin took the stroke, "you may think I am naive, but I did think about it thoroughly. Have to warn you though, if I find anything shady about the business, it won't do any good with you."

"Fair enough," Perrera put down the cue in his hand and gestured him towards the table beside the pool, "Let's get it over with."

"Sure." Jin followed him.

Perrera read the deal carefully and brought out a pen to sign it, but surprisingly he smiled a little, "on second thought, why don't you reveal who you really are, Mr. Watanabe?"

Jin looked at him. Unexpected but not surprised.

"I did my research, didn't find any dirt or doubt about you," He scratched his eyebrow tiredly, "But one of the biggest customers of mine said otherwise. You see, he is familiar to Mr. Watanabe, I mean the real one. and assured me you are not him." Perrera's eyes were sharp this time.

Jin mentally glared at himself. So someone is there who knows actual Watanabe? Unfortunate.

"I liked you, you know?" Perrera put down the pen in his hand, "but looks like my customer doesn't want you around, and to be precise, I don't like to be conned."

"What are you gonna do next?" Jin was calm.

Perrera waved towards his men and looked back at him and got up,
"Please understand, it's nothing personal, I am just a businessman."

Jin shrugged a little.

Perrera went away. He whispered something to a man before he went out and Jin closed his eyes slowly.

It's bad.

Jin got up with a throbbing pain all over his head.
Unconsciously he reached for his head and a viscous liquid soaked his fingers and he almost shuddered in pain.
The last thing he remembered was getting hit behind his temple before everything turned black.
Why didn't they already kill him?

"Still unconscious?" A harsh voice asked.

"Yes, probably. Who cares?" another voice answered carelessly.

"Did you do a background check on him?"

"Told you I did, damn it!" the other voice cursed instantly, "Still nothing!"

"You sure about that?"

"Fuck you!" the other voice was impatient, "let's just get over with it and go. Why do we have to wait in the cold?"

"Cause you did a background check, and you messed up."
The harsh voice was slightly trembling, "See if he is up."

The next moment, Jin was yanked up from the sand. The night in the desert was chilly. Jin shivered in cold. Where was he?

He can still hear the faint sound of the cars passing by, so probably not far from the desert city and definitely not far from the highway nearby.

"He is up."

Jin squinted feeling the bright light in his eyes, he was in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in the desert.
There were no other persons except the twos around. They probably brought him with a car whose headlights were now trying to blind his eyes. He trembled a little and noticed, his jacket suit was already gone, so was his shirt.

The shoes were also taken off.
The right-sided man looked like a wrestler who was thoroughly searching his clothes.

He dropped his clothes and shoes near Jin's leg after searching these,
"Seems like still, you have all these authentic documents."

Of course, he has. Taehyung never does amateur work.

The second man dropped his attache case in front of him, "Our men searched your suite, nothing suspicious either."

So they didn't find the Walther inside the bathroom's false ceiling? That's good.

"Who is this?" The wrestler pointed him towards a photo in Jin's wallet.

"Girlfriend." It took a little time to reply in the throbbing pain. Although Jin himself has no idea whose photo was that. It always had been Taehyung's responsibility for making covers for the agents. And he never missed any details.

The wrestler slapped him right on the face, "What are you doing here in Vegas then? Cheating on her?"

Jin understood, these two have no idea why Perrera sent them to kill him.

And he was in no condition to fight these two unless he gets an incredible chance. Until then, he better try to kill time until he regained a little bit of strength.

He shook his head a little trying to get rid of the dizziness and decided to take a risk, cause why not?
"Why did you guys bring me here? If you let me go, I can give you the money you can only dream of."

The second man with the harsh voice laughed with the gun in his hand,
The wrestler on the other hand came forward and punched straight on Jin's nose.

His head jerked heavily. Blood came out after a second, dripped down drop by drop on the sand below him.

Anger clouded Jin's mind. He felt like a fire has just ignited inside his head. But he endured the pain nonetheless biting down on his lower lip.
His time will come.

"Stand up," ordered the wrestler.

Jin stood up. His blood-soaked nostrils were itching, but he didn't try to wipe guessing they'd find another excuse to hit him.

The two men observed him for quite a time and looked at each other.

"Nice body."

"How come restaurant owner has this type of athletic body?"

"Well said," wrestler agreed with his friend, "after living in luxury and money, why he still has this type of body?"

"That's...I play t...tennis..."
Jin started but he was stopped by the gesture of the person with the gun.

"Let's ruin his body." The wrestler gave the verdict.

He started to circle Jin, inspecting all the old scars on his body, "another thing," his voice was full of suspicion, "there are a lot of scars. I mean, a lot. Old, new. How?"

Gripping the gun a little tighter, the second person stood on his two feet leaving the car door on which he was leaning all this time.

Coming forward he looked and frowned, "That is interesting! do you have any explanation about these, Mr?" his last question was thrown towards Jin.

Jin gulped one time, his troat has been dried like Sahara for some time now, the result of losing blood. These guys were not taking him seriously. Better play along with them and play innocent and dumb. He hurried to find an excuse and internally screamed to himself, "hurry up!"

The wrestler fished out a knife from his pocket. Keeping the constant stare in Jin's eyes, he pressed the button, the six-inch blade came out with a click,
"We want the truth. The scars, how? "

"Got in an accident," Jin answered quickly, "Two times, believe me, I am telling the truth. Didn't wear a seatbelt and got out of the car through the front glass. Had to hospitalized for almost six months."
Seemed like He almost shivered remembering the incident, no way he was gonna tell them how he got those scars in the enormous missions he went through throughout the years.

"Nope, you are lying." The second person shook his gun and went towards Jin's back, "those weren't created at the same time."

"I said, two times... "

Jin stopped feeling the cold touch of the silencer of the gun in his nape and froze in place.
He knew he has been keeping up with them quite well until now, but he was starting to feel concerned now.
The gun made the risk much higher. He'll have to be precise about the timing and sixth sense.

The wrestler examined the blade of the knife one more time, picked-up Jin's right hand lazily. Jin felt the strength in the ironclad fist in his hand. That man wasn't saying anything, his eyes were cold. He placed the blade on his thumb and again retracted lazily.
He twisted the blade with strength the second time placing the blade on Jin's thumb.

Jin yelped and pulled out his hand from the grip and yelled with helplessness, "Why are you torturing me? I told you the truth! I got injured in rugby during college too..."

The blade was nearing again.

Jin sat down trembling, "please, believe me! I am telling you the truth, I swear..."

Not letting Jin guess his next move, the wrestler kicked at his stomach, though Jin saw that coming and could have gripped that leg and twisted it if he wanted. But he knew the gun on the hand of the second man would have punctured his head if he did that.

He let the kick land on his biceps. He jerked and fall on his back.

"He laid down in the fear of the knife alone!" the wrestler hissed, "Don't tell me he is gonna pee next!" he again kicked, this time the aim was his head.

Jin endured the kick again, but he let the kick land on his back. He was about to praise his own quick reflex, but the second man kicked on his shoulder from behind, unexpectedly.

The rough sole of the shoe grazed along the bare skin there, Jin almost seethed in pain. Not acting anymore.

The kicks rained on him from both sides, making him roll over and shout in pain.

Jin decided just then, he'll kill them.

Both of them.

They were satisfied after two minutes of kicking the pitiful man on the ground. His bare skin was already covered in blood, sweat, and sand.

"Probably," After regaining his breathing back to normal, the wrestler scratched his brow with the blade, "Probably he is telling the truth."
He again looked at the motionless body of Jin on the ground, "it's clear that he is nothing but a coward. His rolling on the ground without resisting makes me wanna puke. I feel sick seeing him. What should we do now?"

Jin leaned on the car after crawling away, covering his face with two hands, the trembling of his body wasn't stopping. His eyes were on the two men through his fingers.

The man with the gun seemed disappointed not getting any resistance from Jin's side, "You are right about one thing though. We should ruin the body. After all, he is not using it, shame."

"Shouldn't we get going?" the wrestler almost said restlessly, "Let's finish it off."

"Didn't you hear? Boss wanted us to extract words from him...who is he and why he conned him or what is his intentions."

"But there is this banquet in the hotel." The wrestler frowned,
"Everyone is enjoying there and we two are trembling here in cold!"
he spat near Jin's feet, "and dealing with a useless coward here!"

"You, put on the clothes." Suddenly the man with the gun sneered, "it's almost sickening seeing his body now. Such a pussy!"

Jin gritted his teeth inside but quickly grabbed the clothes thrown towards him.
He quietly put on the shirt and the jacket and grabbed the shoes to wear, he shouldn't take long. He needs to get them at the same time.

"look at him," said the wrestler, his eyes expressed pitty for a very little moment, "such an athletic body, but coos like a puppy no matter how much you kick him!"

"If I were in his place, I would have killed myself a long ago," the man with the gun almost hissed.

"Get in the car," the wrestler ordered.
"This place is a little near to the highway, we should drive him a little further."

Jin tried to get in the car but collapsed on the sand instead, "I...I can't...I can't feel my legs..."

He heard the second man curse. He saw him separate the silencer from the gun and put it back on the shoulder holster, "Grab him. Let's put that shit in the car."

The two men came and stood on both sides of Jin. Two pairs of rough hands grabbed Jin's trousers' side along with the belt. Jin kept his knees loose.

"Hurry up!"

Sparing his belt and trousers, they both inserted their hands under his arms and pulled him on his feet. Jin stepped dizzily towards the passenger seat, hanging both of the hands on both sides of the body like lifeless snakes.

One step, two steps...
Now!

Jin's body turned into steel in an instance and he leaped forward. The two men guessed that he was stumbling and falling. Seeing His body was slipping away from their arm, they also leaned forward to grab him properly.

Jin threw two reverse karate slashes with both hands.
Calculated, Measured force.

The edge of his hands both hit the target, the throat of both men.
The two men gasped at the sudden hit. When they realized they can't breathe, both of their hands went up to their throats.

Jin got up on his feet like a spring and his first kick landed right in the middle of the wrestler's thighs.
The second kick smashed the nose, lips, and face of the second man. With gasping caught, he let out blood, sob, and four front teeth.

The first person fell on his knees, gasping for air in his deathbed. The second one fell on his back, his eyes seemed to pop out of his socket.

Jin calmly looked at his face and then started breaking his ribs one by one with the exact amounts of kicks they rained on him.

After finishing and being satisfied with his work, he put a foot on the throat of the second man, "Where can I get Perrera?"

The man gurgled with blood in his mouth but said something in between his incoherent words.
Jin indifferently put more pressure on his throat, Hearing the sound of breaking of the soft windpipe.

His eyes eventually got stilled within thirty seconds. The wrestler died before him.

Taking a look at the side-view mirror of the car, Jin frowned a little.
His face was bloody. He managed to save the face while getting kicked, but that didn't include the punch on the nose and the cut on his right eyebrow.
Getting the water bottle from the car, he slowly washed the blood in his face and head, cleaned the wounds around the body, and again put on his clothes.
These wounds were not severe, but painful nonetheless.

He needed to rest for a bit, but instead, he just got in the car, the key was in the dashboard.
And turned on the GPS of the car.

He needed to get back to Perrera.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro