Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Do we have any feed? Anyhow?" Jimin looked at the operator.

The operator signaled negative from his station, "it's all black, sir. The EMI was too strong. It will take time for the whole system to back up again."

"How much?" Jimin was calm.

"We don't know. But it could take twelve hours even."

"And our submersible?"

"Not possible sir. EMI disabled those as well. We can't put down any of those into water unless the system gets backs up."

"Depth of the sea here?"

"More than 27000 meters sir."

"The capacity of that submersible?"

"7000 meters."

"Oxygen capacity?"

"12 hours along with 96 hours backup supply."

Jimin sighed, his attitude was all professional but his heart was thumping after each drawback stated in front of him. There was no chance of rescue of Jin and Arya even if they made it out of the blast zone.
And who could tell if they were able to go out in time? The last radar feed says they were almost out of the zone, but not completely.
How could he make sure of it?

He explained the whole situation to Hoseok after Jin disconnected the line in short.

They were coming.

But what good it would bring?

Jungkook was sitting still on the floor as if he didn't know what else would he do now.

His eyes were red, expression exhausted.
Jimin asked for the medic to take care of him. But he didn't comply with anything that was said to him. He was there, just sitting on the ground where he collapsed.

The submersible shook like a tin can with the first shock wave sweeping through it. And the very next second, all the power of the submersible was cut off.

The thrusters and the ballast lost control and the sound of the entrance of the water through the ballast pump was heard clearly and the submersible sped up going down.

After a few minutes, an emergency backup power supply came up and the inside of the submersible lit up.
This power supply was only capable of operating air circulation and oxygen supply along with temperature control and light.

It didn't have the power to run the submersible again.

Releasing Arya, Jin slowly got up.
He was still a little bit shaky from the turbulence the submersible faced a few minutes ago.

He carefully moved and checked the depth gauge in the control. It was 700 meters already.

God knows how much pressure it could hold and how much time it will take to go down the depth where the submersible won't be able to take the pressure anymore.

Oxygen wasn't his concern now but the full ballast tank that was dragging the submersible down.
But before he does anything, he took out the first aid supply box and went back to Arya.

Without any words, he reached and touched Arya's shirt.

Arya looked at him.

"Can I?" Jin was as usual, gentle.

Arya hummed a little in approval and Jin helped her take off her shirt.

His scrutinizing gaze inspected the wound in her stomach.
They didn't get the time to give attention to that for the last five to six minutes.
This time it was exposed in front of Jin and he was silent.

"How bad?"
Arya gritted her teeth to suppress the painful whimper trying to escape from her mouth.

Jin was silent.

This time Arya looked down and one hand came up to palpate the wound. As soon as her fingers touched the spot, she hissed in pain and a painful moan escaped her lips.

Jin was still silent and his eyes were glued on the wound.

Arya took a few glances at the two bullet wounds through her blurred vision in between her painful whimpers and sobs as she finished exploring the extent of the wound.

"We need to stop the bleeding," Jin stated calmly and took out the vial of morphine and a syringe, "be still. You'll bleed out more if you move."

Arya didn't say anything. She was a trained nurse. She knew the moment she saw the wound.

It was bad.

There was no use in trying to stop the bleeding.
It won't stop.

Jin calmly injected her with morphine. Then the wound was cleaned as much as he could. But the oozing blood wasn't stopping coming out. Jin tried to stop the bleeding for a few more minutes. With every minute passing by, His hands became more desperate to keep pressure on the wound.

"Leave it." Arya calmly touched Jin's hands and removed those mildly, "there is no use."

"You will be ok," Jin said calmly, "it's nothing."

"Jin," Arya smiled, "I know, ok? I know it is bad. So please, don't overwork. Come here."

"You will be ok," Jin's voice had that confirmation and stubbornness that Arya's heart melted.

She smiled and put one finger on Jin's lips, tainting him with the crimson blood coating her fingers and she nodded, "Shhhh...it's ok."

Jin looked at her eyes calmly and suddenly Arya felt like she was understanding Jin.

This man was always behind a curtain of fogs but this time Arya felt like she was seeing through his thoughts that she was wondering why the hell she couldn't read him like that before?

"Stay still." Jin nodded and again got back to the first aid box, desperately looking for something he could use.

He was done after ten minutes. The wounds were bandaged, tightly sealed with the staples. But he knew, the bleeding wasn't stopping. It was still bleeding inside.

"You will be ok," Jin said. Confident.

Arya wanted to smile. She knew she wasn't. But this stubborn man won't admit it and she didn't want to push it any further.

She just wished that in time Jin would let her borrow his gun. She'd rather go fast and hard rather than go through an extremely painful death.

"Jin?" Arya looked at Jin and leaned against the wall of the submersible.

"Mnn?" Jin looked back at her from the first aid box.

"Come here, let me help you with your wound."

Jin didn't protest.
He squatted forward and Arya took the antiseptic solution and started her work but Jin's hand caught Arya's hands so suddenly and his eyes pierce through Arya's as his whole body started to react.

Arya knew what it was. Jin didn't notice her hands before. Now that he has seen it, he has lost it.

Arya grabbed Jin's nape softly but strongly and whispered assuredly, "shhhh, it's ok, it's ok. I am ok."

Jin's body was trembling. His wrath slowly went off as Arya whispered assurance in his ears.

Arya's nails were pulled off.
And she has been pulling off using the laptops with those hands still.

Without any words, Jin pulled her hands in and started to tend to her hands.
After he was done with her hands, he gave attention to the cut on her face.

Arya was looking at Jin with a strange look.
When Jin started to clean the cut in the corner of her lips, Her eyes welled up.

"Does it hurt?" Jin asked gently.

"Yes." the tears made their way down her eyes, "it hurts too much!"

Jin finished his works and closed the first aid box and looked at her.

"You never said we had a moment back then," Arya mumbled.

"What?"

"We kissed, Jin." Arya blinked away her tears, "I remember it now. God! Why does it hurts so much knowing I have been oblivious this long while you endured everything! Alone! You could have told me, Jin!"

"Would you believe me?" Jin's voice was calm yet curious.

"Maybe, maybe not." Arya tried to smile but it was of no use, "but maybe we could have a bit more time."

"We'll have time."
Jin's voice was still stubborn.

"I am dying, Jin. I am a nurse. I know what these wounds mean. When the help comes, it will be too late." Arya sighed.

"I will not let you go again." Jin touched Arya's face, "I don't know how would we go out of here, but I just know we will."

"Sshhh." Arya shushed Jin softly, "you have to live on. Do you hear me?"

"I have been living long enough without you," Jin mumbled quietly.

Silence took over the whole submersible.

Arya again broke the silence and scooted a little near Jin and leaned on his shoulder. Her hand found Jin's and intertwined them.
"Jin?"

"Mnn?"

"You kissed Ashahi. And she probably thought reporting you would be the best cause you were my clossest friend. And if there is any chance that she'd get caught, it would probably be you who would find it. So she took the first chance to destroy your entire career. Didn't you ever blame me for that?"

Jin looked at his shoulder on which Arya was leaning on this time.
"No."

"Why?"

"It hurts less to forgive you than to blame you."

Arya smiled. Jin stated exactly the same words Arya said to him after she knew the truth about her father and Jin.

Arya shivered a little and laughed, "the submersible is getting cold. The depth is increasing. I heard hell is all hot and fire. This hell will surely be cold as bitch!"

Jin was silent.

"What do you think, Jin?" Arya caught on to her usual nonsense once again, "where will we go after we die? Heaven or hell? Hell, right? I know I will be there. But you should be up in there, in heaven, hell doesn't suit you."

"Been there." Jin's answer was short.

Arya looked curiously at Jin.
"Been there?"

"Since you were gone." Jin lowered his gaze, but his answer wasn't cheesy. He meant it.

And Arya knew it.

Her hand went and touched Jin's chest over his heart.
"Hell! Jin! How much do you love me?"

Silence.

"Let me ask you one thing. Answer me, ok?"

"Ok." Jin nodded.

"Why do you go to the aviators' club? Jungkook told me. But I sense there is more to it."

"You asked me to be there." His answer was short.

"So far I remember, I didn't ask you in England to be there on a definite date."

"You mailed me. A week before you were supposed to come back." Jin provided calmly, "I don't know how you managed to trace me, cause you know being a NIS agent I didn't have any specific contact for people to reach me."

"Then?" Arya was curious.

"You sent me the date and place."

"I asked you out for a date?" Arya's eyes turned soft.

"Mnn."

"And?"

"You sent me the address of your foster home. To bring Sae over to me. You told me you'll fetch her from me."

"And?"

"You never showed up."

"You waited?"

"The whole night."

Arya's smile disappeared slowly, "and you kept going there? All these years?"

"I promised. I..."

Arya pulled him for a kiss as her eyes again turned blurry in her vision. Not giving Jin time to finish his words.

She heard enough.

The submersible again went dark.
Jin separated and tried to get up to check.

Arya didn't let him go.
She pulled him back in the kiss. Tears were still there, but this time a smile crept up in her lips against Jin's lips and she murmured, "this darkness...it is giving me an oddly familiar scenario."

Silence.

Lips on lips...darkness engulfing two people even when her eyes are open, one strong hand holding her against the wall of submersible...wait!

The lights flickered a few times and again the submersible was lit with the mild light washed over its interior.

"My first kiss...that night..." Arya breathed, "the night of the last exercise...my visor went off and...was it you?"

Jin looked away and Arya gasped, "God! It was you!"

Jin's ears were a bright shade of red this time and Arya laughed gleefully, "who can imagine you can do such a thing, Kim Seokjin?"

Jin avoided her eyes and sighed, "Hoseok said she liked you that day."

"We're you jealous?" Arya teased and yanked Jin's face back to her.

"No!" Jin frowned.

"Should I believe?" Arya laughed and pecked Jin's lips playfully, "but I am glad."

"For what?"

"I am glad that it was you." Arya smiled, "it was my first kiss."

"Mnn."

"In Petals, you said it wasn't your first kiss. To be honest, I was a bit jealous." Arya laughed again.

Jin didn't answer.

"Now tell me, who was your first kiss?"

"There wasn't anybody in my life." This time Jin directly looked at Arya's eyes, "it has always been you."

Arya averted her gaze as a mild blush swept over her face and mumbled, "why have I been this idiot the whole time?"

Three hours have passed.
Jin managed to close the ballast pump manually.
The submersible wasn't descending any further.
But the depth was already 5000 meters.

They couldn't go out while the submersible was descending. Now it can be opened, but the moment it opens up, it will crumble just like an empty tin can under a bus.

Air pressure inside the submersible was still keeping it intact. The moment the hatchway opens, the air pressure will be gone and the tremendous pressure under the sea will just crush the vessel in seconds.

Arya was shivering violently.
Losing too much blood was dowing her temperature slowly.

She was waking up and dozing away every ten minutes. Her body tried to cope up with the loss but the functions were degrading slowly over time.

"Ji...Jin..." Arya managed to call him through her clattering teeth and hugged the extra shirt and combat gear of Jin that was wrapped around her despite her protest.

Jin instantly woke up. He just dozed off beside Arya a few minutes ago.

"Yes?"

"Is the light going d...down?" Her voice was timid as she shivered.

Jin looked around. It was the same as before.

He touched her forehead.
Cold.
Her hands were clammy and lips slightly bluish and pale.

She was going in shock.

"You lost too much blood."

A small dreamy smile appeared on Arya's lips, "oh."

"You know our blood cross matches?" Jin mumbled.

"Hmm."

"You know what does that means?"

"What?" Arya was still slow and low.

"Means I am going to transfuse you blood now."

"It's no use." Arya again mumbled and shivered, "it's...its..."

"Stop talking."

Within the next four hours, Jin gave her three and a half pints of blood through a syringe.

Arya tried to refuse the whole time.
But this time she didn't have much strength left to stop Jin.

She was bleeding out slowly. And Jin reluctantly tried to cover up the loss.

Arya improved later that night.
It was 2:30 in the morning.

Her voice picked up and was a little bit steady this time when she again called Jin.

Jin was out cold this time.
Arya's eyes turned soft seeing the sleeping figure beside her, leaning against the wall.

His face was so innocent and beautiful that Arya felt like weeping.

There was no way they both had a future together and that was shattering her.

A future? Why can't they?

What future? Getting married or having a family together?

No.
Just probably having spent some time together holding each other's hands. That would be enough for her.

And for Jin? It would probably be more than enough for him.

Why should they label it?

Her body shook as she cried in silence.
She doesn't want to leave.
She doesn't want to leave the man she was having a feeling of spending her whole life with.

But what is the whole life again?
This was it.

It is her whole life.

And she was indeed spending the rest of the time with him anyway.

Irony?

Arya's fingers reached and gently touched the scar in Jin's bicep.
There were no clothes on his body this time. He took off the last of his vest to wrap around Arya in her sleep.
Why he was not cold yet?

It wasn't her intention to wake Jin up.
But Jin got up anyway and mumbled, "how are you feeling?"

"Cold." Arya smiled, "but better."

Jin smiled and sat up.

"This scar..." Arya again touched his scar, "it looks exactly like mine. Don't tell me..."

Jin was silent.

"Is it related to me as well?" Arya looked at his eyes.

"I was drunk." Jin quietly stated, "and I was missing you."

"You made it yourself?" Arya frowned.

"Mnn." Jin was embarrassed.

"Poor boy." Arya chuckled, "was it too painful?"

Silence.

"Being alone in your head all this time...was it too painful?"
Arya's hand moved from his biceps to his heart.

Jin's hand came up and touched Arya's hand that was on his chest now and didn't say anything.

"Why do you have to love me this much? I didn't get the chance to..."

"Shhh..." Jin shushed her quietly, "I have no regrets."

"Jin?"

"Mnn."

"Can you kiss me?"

Jin looked at Arya with pain in his eyes.

Arya scooted closer and Jin took her in between his arms.

The kiss was lingering and painful. And unconsciously without them noticing, both of their eyes flooded slowly in an agony they never intended to have.

Arya died in Jin's arms at 2:50 that morning while the ocean thousands of feet above their head was still covered in milky fogs and quiet waves with no trace of the war that happened that evening.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro