Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Up from here, the scene laid in front was something so normal for any tropical island, yet so surreal for the outsider that Jin didn't know what to do right then as soon as his eyes fell on the vast ocean ahead.

He was sad.
Father said they'd finish the cabin today but in the afternoon he asked if they could leave it for tomorrow.

Being the good boy he was, he didn't say anything but he wished they could go today.

The hill track was a bit steep and every time, he needed the help of his father to climb up a little cliff when they go there.

Jin again looked back in the road.
Hoping internally that his father probably still would be able to make time to come.

After a few minutes, he sat down beside the road, eyes glued to the tiny flowers on the bushes grown spontaneously ornamenting the side of the track.

His hands reached the flowers and touched them.

Beautiful.

He should bring some home.
Mother always smiles if father brings flowers to her, he saw.
Will she be happy if he brings her this time?

"You are stealing flowers."

Jin instantly stood up and looked back.

There was a girl.
A little taller than him.
Riding a bike.

"Why are you stealing them?" The girl comically raised one of her brows and rested her hands on her waist in an interrogation style.

"I...I didn't!" Jin tried to defend himself. There were no owners of these roadside bushes, right?

"Of course you did!" the girl frowned a bit, "I saw you there!"

"I didn't steal!" This time Jin was confident. Father said he needs to be strong.

"Then what are you doing there?" the girl again questioned him.

Jin didn't answer.

"Are you gonna cry?" this time her voice was a little sarcastic.

"No!" Jin frowned.

"Then why are you pouting?" the girl pointed at him, "Ashahi pouts every time she cries."

Jin instantly fixed his cheeks and turned back.

"She is my sister," the girl didn't stop talking and Jin realized she even parked her tiny bicycle and came to stand beside him and look at the flowers, "she is such a child!"

"You too." Jin eyed the girl and moved a little away from the girl.

"I am Arya by the way. Who are you?" the girl again had a question.

"Seokjin."

"Jin?" she smiled brightly.

"It's Seokjin." Jin corrected her calmly.

"Can I call you Jin? It is easy," The girl chirped happily.

"No." Jin's answer was short.

"Now that we are friends, can I call you Jin? Please?" the girl showed him happy puppy eyes.

"We are not," Jin started walking in front. Mother told him to not befriend any strangers. And this girl is not only a stranger but also very strange.

Who the hell accuse anyone of stealing and claiming as their friend this fast?

"Where are you going, Jin?" the girl shouted from behind.

"Home." Jin decided to answer.

"Do you need a ride?" The girl this time ran to her tiny bike and walked the bike and caught up to Jin, "let's go.'

Jin eyed the bike.
The offer was alluring and the bike indeed looked nice.

He averted his gaze and shook his head left to right.

"I know you want to ride it," the girl almost sang happily, "just say yes!"

"No," Jin spoke.

"Then can I walk beside you?" the girl didn't have any lack of energy.
In fact with the slight cloud appearing at the horizon, this girl looked like life herself. A ball of sunshine with that sunflower frock of her with that pink bicycle.

Jin just shrugged in her response.

He wanted to ride that bike.

No.
He shouldn't.

"You live in here?" the girl was curious.

Jin nodded.

"I just came the day before yesterday. With appa."

"I saw," Jin spoke a little.

"He said we'll live here for the next few years." The girl sighed a bit, "I wish I could go with Ashahi and eomma."

Jin looked at her.

"They went abroad. Appa said he got divorced with eomma and he got me to stay with him."
The girl was still chirping like a bird.

"What is divorce?" this time Jin asked the girl.

"Appa said when two people don't love each other anymore, they stop hanging out together. That is divorce." The girl was serious.

"Why don't they love each other anymore?" Jin was curious.

"Maybe they stole each other's toys?" this time Arya was deep in her thought, "by the way, if you ever touch any of my toys, I am going to divorce you."

Jin was not liking this girl. She talks too much.

"I have my toys." Jin shrugged a bit, "And eomma says It is bad to touch others' toys without their permission."

"You have toys, but you don't have my toys." Arya grinned.

"I have."

"You have a bike?" Arya pointed at her bicycle.

Jin looked away.
He hates this girl.

When Mrs. Kim tucked Jin in bed, she was humming a little melody.
Jin always loved this time of theirs.
He loved the smell of her clothes when she hugged him and gave him goodnight kisses.

Seeing the tiny frown in between Jin's brow, her index finger mildly touched the fold between his brows and pressed it flat, "what is my tiny gentleman thinking?"

"What is divorce, eomma?"

Mrs. Kim's brows frowned a little but she replaced it with a smile, "why, sweetie?"

"Arya said when two people don't love each other, they stop hanging out together. That is divorce."

"Well, " Mrs. Kim smiled and tucked him in a little, "that is one way to put it."

"What is it eomma?"

"Why, you don't believe her?"

"She is dumb." Jin frowned a bit.

"Don't talk like that about your friend." Mrs. Kim smiled.

"We are not friends." Jin pouted.

"Then make friends with her. She is good, right?"

"She talks too much." Jin looked away.

Mrs. Kim chuckled this time, "how about giving her a second chance? Maybe you'll like her."

"What is divorce, eomma?"

Mrs. Kim again laughed. She should have known her tiny stubborn boy wasn't going to drop it until he gets satisfied.

"Well, as she said," Her hands reached and fiddled with his hair. She knew her son loves it the most.
"When two people promise to stay together for the rest of their lives but end up separating, that is divorce."

"It is breaking a promise, then." Jin frowned.

"It would be breaking a promise if one of them decides it. When both of them talk through it and decide to stay apart, it is divorce and you'll learn it once you are older."

Jin remained silent.

She knew the meaning.
It means her son didn't agree with that.
But he is too polite to argue back.

She kissed his forehead lovingly.
Before he put off the bedside lamp, her tiny son mumbled, "I won't break a promise!"

"What?"

"I won't divorce and I won't break a promise." his voice was tiny yet strong.

Mrs. Kim forced stopped a laughter, "really? Then you'll need a person you love first, don't you think?"

"I have you, I have appa."

"Not us. Probably someday when you are older and find someone you decide to stay with for the rest of your life, that is the person I am talking about."

Her son looked so confused.

"Why don't we wait for that day and see? let's go to sleep for tonight?"

Her son never argues back and always complies with whatever she says.

But before she put off the light, he again mumbled, "Arya won't be that person."

This time Mrs. Kim couldn't hide her laughter, "why is that?"

"She shows off her bike." Jin pouted.

"Really?"

"I hate her."

Mrs. Kim poked the puffed cheeks of her son and smiled, "maybe you'd like her once you talk with her properly."

"No."

"Seokjin?"

"No." this time his voice was a little timid.

"Seokjin?"

"Ok." Jin was grumpy.

"Good boy." Mrs. Kim kissed on his plump lips and smiled, "I know you will not be rude with her, right?"

"Yes, eomma."

"Try to be friends with her, ok?"

"Ok." Jin pouted and Mrs. Kim switched off the light, "good night, Seokjin. Eomma loves you."

"I love you too, eomma."

Jin wasn't hearing what Arya was saying. He loved seeing her.
Her hands and eyes when she talked.
The excited eyes, rapid and exaggerated hand movements, and the wide eyes as if she was enjoying every bit of her moments...

"Are you hearing anything I said, Kim Seokjin?" Arya's voice brought Jin back to reality.

"Mnn."

"Really?" Arya sighed, "then tell me what was I talking about?"

The corner of Jin's lips perked up a little, he knows how to avoid her question. It's is good that she didn't catch it yet.

"Jin?"

Jin smiled this time properly and Arya's frown disappear looking at him.

"You are doing it again," Arya complained mildly, "distracting me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Definitely. You..."
Arya started but Jin pulled her close from the tabletop she was sitting on in front of his meditation mat.

His meditation was ruined the moment Arya walked into his green garden and made herself at home on his stone table.

"Don't do it," Arya's breath hitched in her throat, "you know you kill me every time you try to..."

"Every time I what?" Jin smiled touching their foreheads together.

"Screw that." Arya chuckled and pulled him for a kiss.
Her lips curved upwards feeling Jin's lips trembled under her. She can't but smile every time she feels that.

This man!
God!
Can she ever love that man the much he loves her that with her each touch he literally crumbles down?

Well, yeah.
Maybe more.
Who knows?

...................THE END.......................

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro