Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

???: Jesus! Your hair is a mess!

Screams ensue as Y/n combs through the tangles of a young ginger girl.

Y/n: I swear, did you chose not to take any care of yourself while you were out there?

Nora: It's *sniffle* not like I could *cough* even if I wanted.

Y/n: Oh come on, I know you could've. I was in almost the same situation and I still kept a sense of hygiene.

Nora: You were the *sniffles* same as me?

Y/n: You betcha kid. And believe me, the people back then were less welcoming than those here.

A comfortable silence fell upon the two among the strokes of the brush.

Nora: Hey...

Y/n: Hm?

Nora: How did you do that. The thing with the bread.

Y/n: Oh that. I just went and searched in the trash. People don't care about receipts once they buy their food.

Nora: Woah! How did you know where to look?

Y/n: I just looked for the trash cans closest to the store you want.

Nora: How are you so smart?

Y/n: I'm not. I just spent enough time to learn how to read people.

For some reason, the man gave off an uneasy feeling.

Y/n: Anyway, you're all done! Now, do you want to learn now, or later in the morning?

Nora: Now, now!

Y/n: then now we shall learn my Viking.

The rest of the evening was spent with Y/n teaching his new apprentice how to use people for your gain.

Timeskip brought to you by Nora on Y/n's back making bullhead noises

Y/n's POV

I woke up to the smell of smoke and the sense of disaster. I got up and woke Nora from her sleep and told her to stay calm.

Y/n: Come on my little girl, we need to get going.

Nora: Why...

Y/n: I decided that we need to go now so we can get home sooner and eat earlier.

Nora: Okay... Carry me.

Y/n: Alright, just hold on tight.

Nora jumped on my back and I sped walked out of our room and down the stairs to see a terrible sight. All around us was bodies. Bodies and dust of dead Grimm.

Nora: Wha-what's happening?

Y/n: Don't worry Nor-nor. Just think happy thoughts.

This is bad. I got this, just don't let Nora scared that would be bad.

I start my treck out of the inn and see the hell that is outside. The town is basically rubble. The inn being one of the only buildings standing. As I walk through the disaster all around me I think of all the things that happened when I escaped to the badlands. Me and the nomadic tribe walking past Grimm dens singing songs. I hear growling to my left and make a quick jump back to avoid a pouncing beowolf. I place Nora down.

Y/n: Run Nora! Run and hide!

Nora doesn't respond as she away from my view. I stare down the beowolf as it circles around me. I raise my cane and stood at attention ready for its attack. Judging by its actions, I'd say it's a relatively old Grimm. Eventually, it got bored of waiting and jumped at me I dodged away from it and landed a blow on its right leg with the head of my cane, cracking the bone plating and the paw itself. It landed and fell because of its paw giving me time to jab the end of my cane in the neck of the beast cutting a hole in the armor and cutting its spinal cord. The body begins to turn to dust as I search for my girl. As I walk I hear a disturbing sound. A voice from someone close to me.

???: Lie! An!

I ran over to the voice to see my old and my valued friend crawling on the floor, his legs mangled and poorly severed.

Y/n: Li!

I run to his side and see that his legs were only the beginning of his injuries. His back was drenched in blood, while his arms had multiple deep cuts, some showing bone. And his face, oh his face. A claw mark over face tearing at the flesh and his eyes jabbed out of his sockets leaving him blind.

Li: Y/n? Is that you?

Y/n: don't move, I can help you out of this.

Li: I don't think anyone can get me out of this.

Y/n: Shut up. Shut up and let me help you.

I flip him over and sees large eviscerations on his chest I try my best not to gag and start to use my semblance when he raised his hand. He raised his hand and put it on my shoulder. I could tell he was looking for my hand so I held his. He had bloody tears in what used to be his eyes as he shook his head and chuckled.

Li: Ain't this funny, huh Y/n?

I smile knowing what he meant by this.

Y/n: Yeah pretty funny.

He smiled. Even in this state, Li found a way to smile. That's what I like about this guy.

Li: Please, Y/n. If there is something you can do. Look after my son, Lie. I told him to run, hopefully, he did. Take care of him for me. Be the father I never...

Y/n: I can't promise but I sure as hell can try. That l can promise.

My promise fell on deaf ears, that I know. His body went limp, his tears stopped and his smile drooped. I stood up and went off to find both the kids.

Y/n: Lie?! Nora?! Come out!

A shiver was sent down my spine as I turned to see what I could only assume to be the culprit of what Li fought against.

Just looking at the freak, I know I won't win, so instead, I used my semblance in a shockwave to try and find any living beings. I found the faint Aura of Li, many dying plants and animals, and a small pink Aura. It was weak, but not injured. Before that bastard could swing at me a bolt in the direction of the Aura while projecting mine on a dying dog. The dog was on its last legs so it won't miss much. I hear the nuckelavee shriek as it walks off in the opposite direction. Reaching the spot I use my semblance in a smaller shockwave to try to find the right spot. But I felt nothing. I stood there for a minute, then two, then three. Slowly I felt a silent song of Aura underneath a building five blocks west. As I run, growling gets louder as I see a hungry Ursa charging straight at me. Fuming with the rage of seeing my friend die in my arms, I charge at the Ursa as well. Aura pulling back to me from the now dead dog. I force my entire being into my cane as I pierce the Ursa in between the eyes. Not wanting it to even get the chance to stand, I pull the cane up, slicing through the top of the head and give a horizontal slash cutting the head off its battle-hardened hide covered neck. I then slice at the dusting body until I had nothing to cut. Remembering what I needed to do. I ran over to the Aura and I see my little Viking with cuts from what looks like Grimm. I use my semblance to heal her while checking for Li's kid.

Nothing.

Sorry for not updating. it's been a shit show the past couple of weeks after finals week though I might work more on my stories! thanks if you read up until this part

🗿

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro