12:00 AM

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

12:00 AM

The door to the office has just clicked open when a scream drew their attention.

The group dropped everything and ran for the sound. It wasn't long before they found Annabeth.

"Annie what happened?" Thalia asked the freaked out blonde.

"Someone tried to grab me," She said breathlessly. "I got them off me and ran. They are back that way!"

"Let's go kick an ass then," Luke responded setting off down the hall.

"Where are the other three?" Hazel asked as they walked.

Annabeth shook her head. "No clue. We had split into pairs. Percy and I and then Piper and Jason. I was walking with Percy and then I realized our flashlight was gone. I thought he had it, he thought I did. We tried to back track and got separated in the dark."

"How do you lose a flashlight when you are using it?" Leo muttered.

No one responded as they walked back the way Annabeth thought she had come.

"People thank God! First I lose my flashlight and then Piper and then I heard screaming!" Eyes turned to Jason who ran toward them. "What happened?"

"Someone attacked Annabeth," Frank answered.

Jason's mouth opened wide. He didn't get to respond as a scream sounded. "I'm getting fucking tired of this," he cursed taking off down the hall everyone else right behind him.

They found Piper at the bottom of some stairs. Shinning the flashlight on her they saw blood on her hands and face as she stared wide eyed at the scene in front of her.

Percy Jackson laid on the stairs his body facing upward and his head turned around the wrong way so his lifeless eyes stared at the group of students. Blood everywhere. (A/N For the record I was planning on killing Percy from the start. It had nothing to do with the suggestions)

"He's dead. He's actually dead!" Piper shouted.

"They got Percy..." Annabeth said quietly.

"Who is doing this?" Frank shouted kicking a stair in frustration.

Piper scrambled to her feet and grabbed Leo by the collar. "Are you listening to me? He's dead. His head is backwards! This isn't funny anymore!"

"Oh my god..." Leo said his eyes widening.

"No," Nico said shaking his head. "He can't be. No one was actually dead."

"What are you talking about Nico?" Hazel asked.

"Rachel..." Thalia realized. "Who's gonna tell her..."

"She's dead you can't tell her anything," Jason said raising an eyebrow. "Let's put him with Will and Rachel."

"Are you stupid you don't touch a crime scene?" Luke shouted.

"We touched the others," Hazel said.

"They weren't actually dead!" Piper shouted walking down the hall.

"Where are you going?" Jason called after her.

"To tell Rachel!"

Not having much choice everyone followed Piper to the art room. Piper slammed open the door startling the two and Rachel dropped the cards she was holding.

"Do you have an twos?" Will asked her.

"No fair you can see my cards!" Rachel protested snatching them back up.

"You guys are... Alive?" Hazel asked wide eyed.

"No?"

"It was a prank," Leo said walking in the room. "Rachel and I came up with it and dragged everyone else in. It was supposed to make Brunner come let us out early cause he'd be so freaked watching the cameras. We didn't tell everyone because we needed genuine reactions so, Annabeth, Jason, Hazel and Frank were left out of the loop."

"What's on your hands?" Will asked Piper.

"Blood," Piper said quietly.

"What are you talking about?" Rachel asked. "The fake blood is over there."

"It's real blood."

"Whose?" Rachel's eyes scanned the group assembled. "Where's Percy?" When no one responded she stood and repeated the question. "Where's Percy?"

"He's dead," Piper said quietly. "We don't know what happened but it is not pretty."

Rachel stumbled back into Will who caught her. "No, no. Not allowed," She said shaking her head. "He's got a little brother to take care of and an older brother, father and step father to punch in the face."

"So to be sure I understand," Jason started. "This was all a prank. No one else in involved this is just your sick version of fun and now someone is actually dead or is that just another layer to this joke?"

"Well who killed him then?" Hazel asked.

"It had to be Piper, Annabeth, or Jason."

"What?" Jason shouted. "Why us?"

"Rachel and Will were here, the rest of us were down at the office. That leaves you three which you admitted you all got separated."

"Doesn't mean I killed the guy!"

"I found him," Piper said defending herself.

"I didn't do it!" Annabeth said. "Someone attacked me and I just pushed them off of me."

"Annabeth..." Thalia started. "There is no one to attack you."

"But..."

"Why don't we go check out where we found him and see if there is a clue," Luke suggested.

"I need to see him," Rachel decided.

"No you don't," Will protested.

"I'll come," Leo told Luke and grabbing a tarp from the corner. Luke nodded and both left the room.

The duo walked in silence until Leo finally spoke. "Why do you have the flashlights?"

Luke blinked. "What?"

"You have Annabeth and Jason's flashlights. Why?"

Luke shrugged. "I thought it would freak them out more. It did but, I didn't think it would lead to this..."

Leo only sighed in response. "I shouldn't have done all this..."

"You just came up with a prank. Was it insane? Yes. Definitely. But everyone knows that no one was actually supposed to be hurt. Plus it's not like you started the fight which landed us here tonight."

"I guess..."

They walked in silence until they reached the body. A tarp was placed over Percy's body.

"Hey, who do you think did it?" Luke asked breaking the silence.

Leo paused. "Annabeth, Jason and Piper were the only ones down here. The rest of us were trying to pick the lock. But I want to know who 'attacked'," he said with air quotes. "Annabeth."

"She would never kill someone," Luke said. "Maybe Percy tried to scare her and she reacted and he went down the stairs and she ran off for help."

"Doubt it," Leo stated following the blood trail up the stairs.

Luke glared at Leo in the darkness. "You think she pushed him."

"It's a possibility."

"Let's just get back to the others."

~~~~

"I still can't believe that you would all do this. And that others would agree!" Jason shouted.

No one responded their eyes downcast as they finally felt the fear and terror that he has felt earlier.

Silence fell until Leo and Luke got back.

"We gotta try the office again," Luke said. "I wasn't actually trying to get out of here before. I am now."

"Kind of late for that," Frank muttered standing. Hazel stood after him and the four exited the room.

"We should go around trying all exits, or find a window even that we can get out of," Piper suggested.

"We should split into two groups to cover more ground," Thalia said.

"Cause splitting up works so well," Jason states bitterly.

Thalia ignored him and continued. "Me, Annabeth, Jason and Piper. Then Will, Rachel and Nico."

No only else argued as they left the art room.

~~~~

One person walked with their group their mind reeling. They needed to do something and fast. Percy's death had been perfect.

But there were other people to cross off the list. And some people who were getting to close. And getting rid of someone to close was the first priority.

~~~~

There you all go. First death: Percy.

So who killed him?

And who knows too much?

You'll find out eventually.

Or not.

-Jaz

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro