All set?

I got the stuff

Hell yeah!

I am

You made that sound like a drug deal

I still don't wanna be here

Me too

But I'm ready

This is gonna be great. Glad you let me in on this.

I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!

I'll see ya when we arrive at hell

Wait this is gonna be taped rite?

Yup! Can't fucking wait!

And to make it better Principal Brunner will be watching the tapes the whole time

He'll probably call the cops

Good. We get out early and He can be arrested for cruel and unusual punishment

We need too do this more often

I'm almost there

Same

See ya there

Let's do this!

Damn. I should've brought walkie talkies.

Oh well

~~~~

Principal Brunner sat in his office waiting for the children to arrive. He had no idea that most already had already arrived and were busy setting things up.

Finally the group trickled in one by one.

"Okay," Principal Brunner started once all were present. "It is now 7 pm and we already jumped the first hurdle. I'm surprised you all showed. But it is excellent that you did. Now, I will take all phones, laptops, tablets, etc."

Groans and shouts sounded throughout the room.

"This is a bonding sort of experience. Your generation doesn't bond when you have these things present," Principal Brunner explained pulling out a cardboard box.

"What if there's an emergency?" Thalia asks.

"I didn't explain it all to my parents. I was supposed to call them," Rachel says.

"I have already taken the liberty of emailing your parents and explaining everything. And I will be watching the cameras from a nearby location and will call authorities if anything happens."

"Wait," Leo says. "You'll be watching 'from a nearby location'? That doesn't make me feel very safe. What if-"

"That's enough Mr. Valdez. Everyone please," Principal Brunner gestured to the box. The teens dropped stuff in grumbling.

"I didn't bring anything," Percy tells the wheelchair bound man.

"I'll be watching the cameras closely, your vice principal will be helping me as well. If you are seen with a electronic you supposedly don't have, you will be suspended for three weeks."

Silently Percy and others dropped a couple more items in the box.

Principal Brunner promptly took the box and opened the safe placing it in and slamming the safe door shut. He turned back to the teens.

"There is food in the cafeteria set out for you. Please no fighting. If there is you will be suspended for three weeks. If there is anything between genders you will be su-"

"We get it. Sit and shut up until morning," Luke comments. 

The principal nodded and lead the way to the front door where he slipped out the door. Once it was closed he proceeded to look the door. "No one in. No one out," he called through the glass. "I'll see you in twelve hours."

They watched him go before slowly turning to each other.

Will was the first to speak. "Now what?"

"I don't know about you but I'm raiding that food," Leo said walking down the hall.

"Not before I get some," Jason said walking past him.

"I call dibs," Luke argues running to catch up.

Most of the group made eye contact and took off down the hall. Annabeth sighed with a facepalm. Hazel patted the other girls shoulder as the followed the others.

Most of the tables in the cafeteria had been pushed away. All but large table so they would have no choice but to sit together. On a smaller table stood an assortment of pizza and cereal.

Food was grabbed and they ate their pizza. Eyes made contact with each other. Excitement twinkling in their eyes.

"We should play a game or something," Leo suggests.

"Why?" Nico groans.

"It will make the time pass by faster."

"I guess you got a point there..." Frank said.

Leo nodded with a smile.

"Alright I'm game," Thalia said. "I'm gonna kick your asses."

Jason gave her a look. "We don't even know what we're playing yet."

"I'll still win," Thalia declared.

"How about Manhunt?" Rachel asked with a smile.

"Aka hide and seek?" Piper asked.

"It won't be that bad," Annabeth says. "There are plenty of hiding spots in an empty school..."

"Let's play!" Leo cheers.

"Who's searching?" Hazel asks.

Eyes float around the table.

"Not it!"

"Not it!"

Shouts sound out until Frank groans. Smiles start and the group hurried to split up heading different places to hide.

Frank stays behind waiting as time ticks by.

~~~~

"You all set?"

"Course. In about a half hour ish past, I'll just got to find the circuit breaker. Flip a couple switches. And boom darkness in most of the school."

"Why only most?"

"Those camera doesn't work in the dark. But the dark is to scare the few victims of this marvelous prank."

"Don't be so full of yourself."

"You're just jealous."

~~~~

"Hey this is my hiding spot!" Annabeth shouts pushing Percy out.

Percy looks at her and shakes his head. "You're seriously hiding in the library. That's the first place people will look for you."

"It's called hiding in plain sight. Why would you hide here? You hate books. I'd expect you to be in the pool or the art room."

"That's why they wouldn't find me here. Also I have an awesome nap corner I made in here freshman year. I plan to sleep till morning. As for the pool my mom took my swim trunks out my bag when I packed. But, why would I be in the art room?"

"You're girlfriend is in love with art."

Percy gave her a blank look. "What girlfriend?"

"The redhead, Rachel? Our age, about this tall, rich?"

Percy's eyes widen and he made a grossed out face. "Not even close. She's like a sister."

"Oh," Annabeth said surprised. "You two are always together so I kinda assumed..."

Percy shook his head. "She's my best friend. My only real friend actually..." A silence fell over them. "I'm gonna go nap. You have fun."

~~~~

"This isn't how I pictured spending this weekend," Nico stated walking down the hall.

"I know it hard but you can still have fun," Hazel told him.

"You do remember we're in detention right now?"

"Besides that. I know Bianca wants you to be happy. So try to have fun tonight. Something good ought to happen to night right?"

Nico didn't respond but nodded slowly.

~~~~

"Why are you following me?"

"We're going to hide aren't we?" Luke asks confused.

Thalia shook her head. "I told you I'm winning this thing. So you go. Shoo."

Luke frowned and pouted before walking in other direction.

~~~~

Finally everyone and everything was set.

Frank watched the clock. 7:58. He watched the seconds go by. Two minutes and then he was free to look for the others.

7:59.

He stood and waited by the cafeteria door. Thinking of where he should look first.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

One student smiles as they set up their own cameras ready to catch the madness. 

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Another students pulls out materials and head to their spot they're supposed to wait. Now they just gotta make this look good. They watch as another students arrives to help.

Three.

Two.

"Ready for awesomeness?"

"Hell yeah."

One.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro