41 PEST

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A clap of thunder proceeded a wail as the large dragon slammed into the dirt. Ogre after ogre sat at the mouths of their caves bearing witness to a fight for the ages.

The rain fell harder for it.

Fanli wanted to cry. "I hope he doesn't kill her."

By her side, Pest watched on as well. His focus, rather than the unreal force slamming into the dragon who tried to take flight yet again, rested on the clear view of the dock in the distance.

Fairies danced on the lake, most reveling in the fight with the dragon.

"If she dies, it's a war...."

On Pest's right, his father watched on as well. He'd managed to find a loincloth from somewhere—Fanli decided not to ask too many questions.

Her mother brushed past her, handing over the hot gourd of soup. "To keep fit. This rain is not natural."

Fanli waited, pleased to see her serve Pest's father next then Pest himself.

Instead of taking the offered sustenance, Pest stared ahead.

His father took it on his behalf. "Thank you, ogre. We won't be an imposition for long."

This took Fanli's mother aback. She glanced from Pest to her daughter yet again.

Matax read her intent well. "Oh. Yes. The business with the ring." He leaned to the right to study his son's face.

At his silence, Mother eventually went to the far side of the cave to sit beside her husband and watch the battle unfold as a second dragon slammed into the ground.

"Reconsider," Matax said in a whisper. "Give it a few days at least. Let them be happy for but a moment."

Today, Pest's quiet resolve was different. He was thoughtful but angry as well.

Despite the fact, he didn't move away. Fanli risked scooting closer.

"Why's it so bad that I don't have tusks?" Pest asked.

Once again, she hesitated but he had a right to know. "It speaks of a weak heart. You'd have to ask the males for more clarity. I was always told to avoid ogres such as these. There aren't many and all were punished for some failing."

Her words weighed heavy on him. Today's observation of the battle in the distance brought a sadness with it. Fanli felt like something was slipping through her fingers.

Matax reached into the soup and pulled something out of it. He held the rat up and laughed. "Well, look at this."

Pest tore his eyes away from the battle and regarded his father in doubt.

Sure enough, Fanli's parents watched them.

Rather than allow his father to continue commenting, Pest snatched the rat and shoved it into his mouth. He swallowed without another word.

Mother smiled—her considerate meal was adequately appreciated.

Fanli prayed it would not come back up.

Matax cheered. "Oh, that is brilliant. I bet there's one in your bowl as well." His search came up empty and he made a sound with his teeth.

Fanli hurried to explain, "We weren't able to go out and hunt. I think that was our last one. It's a great honor to get it."

Pest scoffed.

That one action broke Fanli's heart. "It's the truth."

"I know it is. But they're wasting it on us. Everything is wasted on us." His voice vibrated from the anger. "Now you're stuck with me and my damn cripple father."

Matax, still jabbing at the bowl, picked his head up. He turned up his nose and drank without pause.

"Oh, this is awful," he complained but reached for Pest's as well and drank that one also. He was sure to lick his lips, an action that had Fanli's mother smiling. "I suppose they'll make the best of it with us. Is that what you're thinking?"

Pest looked at him. "Why should they waste their time on such an ungrateful guest as you? You wouldn't have even rescued one of them!"

Matax cocked his head and confessed, "You speak truth, but please do this when your spirit calms. You do not want to make mistakes you cannot fix."

Pest ignored the warning and turned to look out at the rain yet again.

Fanli debated how to comfort him. He'd said nothing about his mother's actions, but that was what weighed heavily on him now.

His mother'd cut her own husband's throat when instructed; what would she have done to Pest?

One mighty blow had the dragon collapsing to the ground. There was no end to the rain. Ogres around them cheered.

"He's waiting for you," Pest muttered.

Fanli tore her sights away from the epic battle and instead focused on the dock in the distance. A man stood atop it.

Ved.

She hadn't meant for her breath to hitch.

"I'd thought I couldn't forgive you," Pest said with a scoff. "How hypocritical is that? Knowing my list of conquests, yet thinking this one decision of yours, one you are free to make, had anything to do with me." But he hesitated before saying, "Would you even consider me, even now? Forgive me even now?"

Words failed to come to Fanli no matter how often she opened and closed her mouth.

Fanli wasn't the only one hesitating. Pest had something to say.

"You're better off with him, Fan."

Pest's father held his shoulder. "Running away because you're frightened is what you always do. Perhaps it's best to stand and face the judgements."

Pest stared past him. 'That isn't it."

"Of course, it is. You run away. It's what you always do."

At Pest's silence, Matax looked around him to Fanli.

"Ogre, ignore my foolish son. All this trouble, and all this mess, just for him to abandon you? I will not allow that. He's merely upset about his mother, but he'll calm—"

"That's not it!" Pest yanked his hand away. "What is all this? You're the one who told her she'd be better off and you were right."

Something in the way his father fell silent spoke of defeat for all of them.

"I'm not always right," he muttered.

"No." Pest shook his head, the bitterness rolling off his tongue. "You are always right. I was always afraid you were. But you were. You were right, even about me."

"Human child..." Matax warned.

"I controlled the bees," Pest admitted. "I made one sting you."

Something inside Fanli ground to a halt. She forgot to breathe. To her horror, Pest kept on.

"Just to get back at you for trying to leave me. Just to have my way." Pest looked at her and challenged. "And do you forgive that? And will that be the last of it?"

Fanli had nothing to say beyond, "It's too late. You've already pierced my nose—"

"You didn't answer me."

His eyes misted but she had no comfort to offer him. A glance at her parents and their look of worry yet defeated resignation made this harder. They were willing to try and accept this marriage.

"I'm poison."

The dragons on the ground now breathe shallow. At least that danger was avoided. She didn't dare say whose fault it was.

"All that I encounter comes to ruin." Pest shook his head. "I'll drag you down, too."

Fanli wanted to beg him to try and let her parents find some comfort for at least a week—a day. This bad news could come another time.

"But your wish for us to be happy—"

His scoff cut her off. "That's not what I wished for." He swallowed hard and muttered, "My mother was right. I am a burden. I think it's time I stop burdening you."

Everything was happening too quickly. She was more than curious about his wish. But in the big scheme of things, perhaps that didn't matter. She lost her chance to convey as much.

For once, Pest was impatient because he didn't wait for her to answer as she'd always done for him. "I hope you two are happy together." Much like Fanli'd done that faithful day nearly eight years ago when she'd left this mount, Pest pushed off the edge of her home, and made his way down the hill.

His father looked from his fleeting son to the uneaten bowl and shook his head. "Where does he expect to go at this time of night?"

Pest was nearly halfway down before Fanli's body sprung to life. She forced her gaze from Pest's retreating figure to Ved in the clear path before her.

Despite the rain, Ved looked up at her. She didn't know if he could even see her clearly. The way he stared said as much.

Something about him called to her. It was unspoken but unmistakable and this time she felt it. That unease in his presence returned. There was a danger to it, but now she didn't feel it directed at herself. Rather, it encompassed her.

Deep down she knew...he was leaving. And as arrogant as it was to think it, his presence here was asking her to give him a reason not to.

The rains had given her many things, all glorious, and all unique. A part of her wanted to know what it would give her now. Ved had a journey of his own. So did Fanli. Keeping him here to help her find her way wasn't fair. Eyes cast low, Fanli shook her head.

Her actions, as simple as they were, gave a deafening stillness to the rain. The drops fell slower, some frozen at the impact of crashing into one another. When she picked her head up, the colors of the world bled together, converging on the lone figure in the distance.

Fanli blinked when he caught fire.

The flames danced erratic against the frozen raindrops, searing all around it.

Efreet.

This was the efreet, the weapon of the dragon's desire. And when it started to move, the world rushed back into view. He headed toward the battleground, towards his father. But Fanli knew, he was leaving.

Leaving.

He wasn't the only one.

"Pest!" Fanli growled as she jumped off the ledge and raced down the hill. An ogre Pest's size would be impossible to catch; he should have been. So why was she able to find him moving quietly through the forest.

He wasn't all that far at all.

"Pest!"

The one word had him freezing in his tracks. He looked back at her with his brows furrowed.

Fanli caught up to him with ease. But once she had, she wasn't sure what she should say. He was angry now about Ved—what he thought Ved and her had done but even though it wasn't true, she didn't think it was any of his business.

Did love really always have such demands?

She'd forgiven him all of his failings.

Pest turned to walk on and Fanli gave chase. "You have no right to be angry with me."

When she'd first followed him, he'd been lurching around, now he moved with expert speed with her running after him like a fool. Time and time again, she told herself to let him run off—let him leave. But why wasn't her body listening? They were nearly at his favorite tree by the time he slowed enough for her to gain some ground.

The gentle rain danced along his skin as he walked. "I'm not angry with you. I'm letting you go."

"Wait. Wait. Then why does it feel like you're putting conditions on me? If I gave any affection away. You've got no say—"

She only touched his shoulder before he grabbed her by the arm and flung her aside.

She slammed into a tree for her trouble. The pain at her back crippled her efforts to chase him. Shivering, she crumbled to the ground and confessed, "I was just trying to get back at you. Please...."

The steady rainfall stung the wound along her shoulder and spine rather than soothe it.

Now, more than ever, she resolved to go home. She'd thought to go alone somehow. Never in a million years had she expected Pest to rush and help her up.

"Fan. I hadn't meant for it to be that strong. I'm still not used to this body yet. Fan?"

Fanli brushed him off, but he held her elbows firm and yanked her to stand. Two strong arms coiled around her, and she closed her eyes and whispered, "Nothing happened."

For a long while, he gave her no verbal response.

His grip tightened, almost to the point of agony. Even so, Fanli didn't mind. She felt foolish for giving in and confessing, especially because he didn't seem at all concerned.

She'd thought as much until he asked, "But he kissed you? Where? On your neck—?"

The gnaw along her throat had her gasping, "No."

When he pressed her against the tree, the previous injury stung but she didn't vocalize it. Her top loosened and he dragged it over her head before grabbing her breast and pressing them together. That was where he buried his face. She hardly had the time to undo her skirt for fear he'd rip it. Once it plopped down beside her, she pealed her underwear off. The thought occurred to do the same for him, but she reached for his waist just as he ripped the loincloth at the side.

Instead, he guided her hands to his groin which he rubbed against her. An ogre's member stayed sheathed usually. Now in musk, Pest helped her give a tug to the coarse hairs of his groin and he elongated, thick and full.

With his tusk now grown in, Pest took to flicking Fanli's nipples with his tongue. All the while, he continued to squeeze and knead her nipples until they stood erect. They weren't the only one.

The rain was pouring by the time Pest dragged her into the grass, spread her legs, held his shaft and used it to trace her. When he found what he wanted, he stopped.

Foreheads pressed together, chest heaving for both of them, Pest waited.

After some time, Fanli found the strength to open her eyes. He was staring down at her, studying her face was utmost interest.

He gave one thrust, parting her, the popped in.

When he froze yet again, she was sure she knew why. Sure enough, her left hand was back on his shoulder. So, he kept his upper body still, and rolled his hips to slide deeper.

Fanli's lips parted in awe. He slipped out, then in again, a look of awe painted on his face.

"Only I can have you."

Each of her attempts to speak came with a firm buck that made her quiver. He found a steady rhythm in time, staring her down when he slid in deep until he was to the hilt.

He didn't move, although his firm phallus pulsed inside her.

In that moment, she realized she no longer held him back. Little by little he leaned in. When he was close enough to bury his face in her neck, he gave one firm buck then another. The aggression of it slowed until he was far gentler. Every muffled cry into her neck sent shivers through her. This still was nicer.

Fanli could perceive nothing beyond his heart beating against her own.

Now with the lightning at his back, she wrapped her legs around his waist, inviting his love again and again.

One hand braced on the ground, Pest pinched and squeezed her right nipple, pressing his tongue against the other.

All of that was lovely, but it was when he ran his fingers up her bosom then the back of her neck that her body betrayed her.

He brushed the freckles, moving his hips faster as her body tensed. All sensations became amplified.

Pest moved his hips again and she begged, "Wait."

Briefly, he complied but confessed, "I can't. I'm barely holding."

"Please." She was quick to add, "No, keep on with my neck. Just...slower."

Motion stilted, Pest pulled out then eased in yet again.

Another press to her neck painted the world in white. Fanli's body tensed. Everything ached. And then....

The cry to leave her tore one from the back of Pest's throat also. He shot into her, his dick pulsing as she moved her hips, coaxing his release further.

It took some time for them to finally stop moving.

Pest was the first to speak. "I went to get you flowers then to tell you that I could wait."

The gentle mist returned, replacing the stinging rain.

"I—I meant to wait."

He was looking for reassurance. Fanli was still in a state of shock. All she could offer him was a kiss on the lips.

Fear spread throughout Fanli's body as she asked, "Do you feel hollow?"

He smiled down at her with affection before pressing his forehead to hers. "Whole."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro