1. Meeting the Hazel Eyed Boy!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It's been four days since we shifted to a new place. My dad got a transfer and I got to a new school. The neighbourhood feels much more diverse than before. Everyone seems nicer and more open. It's the first day of school and I'm feeling excited and ready for what's to come.

I could hear my heart thumping as I walked towards my first class, it felt quite weird to walk down the hallways alone. I was nervous as well as thrilled.

Perhaps I'll be able to make friends here too just like my last school.

My schedule was fisted in my hand as I walked into the classroom. I was surprised to see so many people already there.

But what, or who caught my attention was a specific boy. He was sitting in the back row in the last of the room and was looking out of the window. He seemed to be ignoring all the rest of the class.

Now I don't know why but he caught all my attention. It felt he had some sort of magnetism. As I walked further inside, the bell rang and the teacher came into the class. He instructed me to sit in the far end to the left after I give an introduction to the class.

"Hello everyone. I'm Avni Mae Shaye and I'm originally from Chicago but I recently moved here. I love to read and I hope we'll be great friends." I smiled cheerily at the students, while some mirrored my expressions out of generosity, others scowled at me as if I was insane, maybe they were having a bad day.

"Thank you for the introduction, Ms Shaye. You can take your place.", the teacher said and once I'd settled, he started with the lesson.

As he continued to explain, I saw the boy who caught my attention looking down at his desk. His long eyelashes fanned over his hazel eyes as he rotated the pen between his fingers intently. He had high cheekbones, a sharp jaw and his thin lips were pressed in a line. As if he knew, someone was gawking at him, in this case, me, he glanced towards me and tilted his head to the side.

I couldn't help but notice the beauty scar that ran down the side of his left cheek. He was beautiful in every possible way.

"Miss Shaye, I advise you to pay attention to the lesson if you don't want a detention on your first day." Mr Brooks which was the literal copy of Professor Snape snapped at me.

My face seemed to burn with embarrassment as I quickly looked into my book mumbling an apology.

I glanced at the mysterious pretty boy again and saw him staring at the teacher. I watched as he pulled his earbuds out and put them in his ears. My lips quirked in surprise at his blunt action. I looked back in front, I didn't want to give Professor Snape another chance to embarrass me.

Soon the class ended, once again my eyes got drawn to the gorgeous boy who lazily got out of his place and walked past me. I felt a sudden heat rush into my cheeks as I watched his back.

When lunch began, all of the students enthusiastically walked towards the cafeteria. I followed them and once again my eyes looked for the one boy. As I made my way further inside, I saw him sitting at the farthest end of the cafeteria.

Alone?

Why was he sitting alone when everyone was sitting with their friends or classmates. I frowned at the thought of him not having friends. I didn't want him to be a lonely soul.

But he won't be alone for long. I smiled at my thought internally as I walked towards him. "Hi."

As I said the word, gasps erupted in the whole cafeteria. I could feel every pair of eyes on me.

The beautiful guy looked at me, his eyes showing nothing but disinterest."Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked with a small smile, as much as I was afraid of rejection, I cheered myself what if, for a chance, he said yes.

When he didn't say anything, I took it as a yes and sat beside him. Once again, I could hear the surprise gasps of people around me. What was wrong with them? They were reacting as if I was sitting with some human bomb.

I unwrapped my lunchbox since the food of the cafeteria was a complete no. I glanced at the boy in front of me who was still looking at me with that blank face.

"So where's your lunch?" I asked trying to lessen the uneasy silence. He didn't say anything just looked at me. I cautiously divided my sandwich into two pieces and forwarded one in front of him.

He looked at my hand as he analysed my actions. I glanced around and noticed that the rest of the students had stopped their chit-chatting and were busy watching us.

He must be some popular guy.

I turned back to him and saw that his eyes were fixed on me. I lowered my hand in disappointment. Maybe he isn't comfortable sitting with strangers.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" I asked feeling apologetic, what if he wanted some alone time?"I'll go if I'm ruining your peace." I said smiling at him and getting up from my place."But please eat this sandwich, otherwise, you'll get hungry in the mid of the classes later." I said and wrapped my lunch box and walked out of the cafeteria feeling utterly embarrassed.

I ate my lunch in the library with Mrs Zara. She was an Indian woman who saw me eating my food alone and offered me to accompany her which I readily agreed to. She also gave me a sweet which looked so beautiful and it was so smooth that it softly melted in my mouth. She called it Kaju Katli.

I liked her company a lot. After lunch, I helped her in fixing some books in their places. When we finished, she invited me to visit her next time to which I promised her that I definitely will.

The next classes went in a blur, my eyes desperate to see the hazel eyes boy again. I wanted to apologize to him again for ruining his alone time but I couldn't find him in any of my next classes.

The next period was free and we all had the freedom to do whatever we wanted. The substitute teacher came in and slouched in his seat."Do whatever you want to do, just don't disturb me." He said and slept away. Poor guy!

I walked out of the class and into the library. Mrs Zara beamed seeing me again. I asked her if she needed any more help to which she politely declined.

"Well, then I'll read some books," I said and she gave me a small smile ushering me inside. As I looked for some Historical Fiction books in the library, I saw the hazel eyes boy. "Hi," I said. He looked up from his book and then looked down.

I walked to where he was sitting, "I'm extremely sorry for disturbing your peacetime but don't worry I won't do that again. I just wanted to ask you if you had the sandwich." I asked intently. His fingers were curled inside the book he was reading.

When he didn't say anything, I frowned and started walking away but the next moment surprise took over me when I felt his hand grab my bookbag. I looked back and he gave me a look.I squinted my eyes in confusion. He gestured to the chair near him making me surprised."You want me to sit here."

He gave me a curt nod making me smile.

Progress!

He continued with reading his book while I just pretended to read the book I had in my hands. Finally, he lowered his book and gave me a blank stare.

"Uh- I'm not staring at you, I just... It's just you're too pretty." I blurted and instantly facepalmed myself. He was still looking at me intently.

To save me from getting more embarrassed I tried to divert the topic."So what's your name?"

He didn't say anything again.

I sighed as the bell rang, maybe he'll tell me his name tomorrow.

"Neil." A smooth voice with a pinch of accent was heard. I felt like I was walking into an alternate reality. I looked towards the direction where I heard the voice from and saw him. His hazel eyes were shining. "Neil Ares Ray. "

He said as he walked away from the library without glancing back at me.

Neil Ares Ray, tomorrow I'll make you talk to me.

I smiled determinedly while he walked away with his long strides.

Hey there! This is the first Short Story, I'm writing. I'm very delighted to share it with y'all. It'll only have ten chapters. The concept of this book will be revealed later.

Love <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro