Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mark and Jack were in the car two hours later, driving back to Mark's mom's house. Arin, Danny, and Suzy had spent the time cleaning up, and Danny even bought three new doors to put in. Suzy sat with Jack in the living room while the other three finished cleaning.

Suzy looked over at Jack. "Is everything okay?"

Jack wrapped his arms around his legs, shaking his head. "You wouldn't understand."

"Ah. Is Anti talking to you?" Jack looked up at her. "Arin told me a lot about you. He mentioned you have another personality that talks to you in your head."

Jack sighed. "He's been talking to me for a couple days now."

"Does Mark know?"

"No. I don't know how to tell him. He already knows about Anti, but there's really nothing anyone can do, unless Mark decides to hurt himself."

"Hang on, I'll get Arin."

"Suzy, no-" She already left the room. "Damn it."

Arin appeared a second later. "Jack? You alright?"

Jack shrugged. "I don't know. Anti's talking to me again."

"Oh, shit. When did it start?"

"When Ryan started targeting me."

"Why didn't you tell anyone until now?"

"It's not a big deal-"

"Jack, you know what'll happen if you wait for too long."

Jack rolled his eyes. "You're just like Father."

"Only because we're worried and we care about you." Arin stood up. "Let me get Mark-"

"Don't you fucking dare." Jack took his hand, pulling him back. "The only thing he could do to help is hurt himself, and I'm not going to let that happen."

"Who has to hurt themself?"

Jack's head shot up, looking at Mark as he entered with Suzy and Danny. "Nothing! No one!"

Arin sighed, turning to Danny. "Anti's talking to him."

"Oh, shit."

Jack rolled his eyes. "It's not that big of a deal."

"It's been going on for a couple days." Arin explained.

"Well then, yeah, it is that big of a deal." Danny turned to Mark. "Mark, let me hurt-"

Jack quickly shot up, grabbing Danny by the shirt and growling. "Don't even lay a fucking finger on him." He pushed Danny away. "I'm not letting Mark get hurt because of me."

"Uh." Jack turned to Mark, who held up his hand, showing a cut on his palm. "He doesn't have to."

Jack stared at him. "What happened..?"

Mark rubbed his neck with his other hand. "I accidentally cut myself with Arin's pocketknife."

Suddenly, Jack shoved Arin against the wall, scowling. "And you let him?" Jack's eyes turned slightly green as he wrapped a hand around Arin's throat.

Arin smirked, getting out of Jack's hold. "And there we have him, boys! Anti's back!"

Anti smirked. "A pleasure." He said sarcastically.

Arin and Danny forced Anti onto the couch as Mark stared with wide eyes. "So Jack really has another personality?"

Anti looked at Mark, who felt uncomfortable under his glare. "You think I'm just a personality? You, Mark, underestimate me."

"How do you know my name."

"I live inside of Jack's head. Connect the dots."

Arin pushed Anti against the couch. "What do you want? Why are you here now?"

Anti shrugged. "Why not? Jack was already going through hell. Why not make it worse?"

"And why? You know and feel everything Jack goes through. Why don't you like-"

Anti stood up, pointing at Arin. "Let me stop you right there. I never liked Jack. You think I would like someone that I live in the mind of?" Anti scowled. "I hate him, and I always have. He ignores me. He casts me aside. He hates me. Would you like someone who acted like that?"

"He hates you because of what you do to him and others around him." Danny spat. "Pick another reason."

"Okay, then." Anti sat back down. "He refuses to take on the family name. He never wants to be in the spotlight. He hates his own family. He hates his own self. He can't sleep at night." Anti smirked, glancing at Mark. "And don't even get me started on the man he decides to call a 'fiancé'."

Arin smacked him. "Bring Jack back, asshole."

Anti slumped down, knocked out. Danny turned to Mark, gesturing to Anti's body. "Take him downstairs. Jack's be exhausted when he wakes up."

"And hungry." Arin pointed out. "I'll get started on dinner."

Mark walked up to Danny. "Will Jack be okay?"

Danny nodded. "He will. Anti's gone for now, but sooner or later he'll be back. You'd better be prepared. Now go take Jack downstairs." Mark nodded and walked over to Jack's body, picking him up before walking down to the basement.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro