Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jack had been sitting in an uncomfortable chair for fifteen minutes. He was staring at his phone with bloodshot eyes, looking over his last conversation with Mark.

Jack, where are you?

Just forget about me

Jack, everything I am is because of you. I can't lose you

I'm sorry, Mark. I can't make you deal with my bullshit

"Nonstop Flight 116 for Dublin is now boarding. All passengers, please make your way to Gate 4."

Jack took a deep breath and stood, adjusting his backpack strap. He grabbed the handle of his suitcase and walked off, preparing himself for the ten hour flight ahead of him.

———————————

"God, what the fuck do I do?" Mark paced the living room floor, combing his fingers through his hair.

Suzy put a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, Mark. It'll be okay."

"No it's not." Mark finally sat on the couch, putting his head in his hands. "He left me. He gave me the ring and left. And I don't know what to do. I want to be with him, but he keeps pushing me away..." Mark sobbed into his hands. "I can't lose him."

"We know." Danny said softly. "He'll come back. I know it."

Mark wiped his cheeks. "I'm just... I'm lost without him. He was my whole world, and he's just... gone."

Arin sat next to him on the couch. "Hey. There's a flight to LA tomorrow morning. We can fly home and talk to him. He'll be willing to talk then."

Mark nodded. "Okay." Mark's phone rang in his back pocket. He fished his phone out and answered it, not bothering to look at the number. "Hello?"

"Mark? Is that you?" Mark's eyes widened at Felix's voice. "Is Jack with you?"

Mark sniffed. "No, he's not. He's on a plane home right now."

"Just him? You're not going with him?"

"Well... we had a fight earlier. Anti came out, and-"

"Wait, Anti came out? Shit, that's not good." There was a brief moment of silence. "I'm tracking his location now, just to make sure he's safe. It might take a moment before... oh..."

"Felix?" Mark asked. "What's wrong?"

There was another moment of silence. "So, Jack has to wear glasses, okay? He doesn't need them all the time, but they do help. He put a tracker in them so I can see where he is if I have to, or someone thinks he's in danger. They also have a built-in one-way camera, so I can see what he sees."

Mark froze. "What's going on? Where's Jack?"

"Jack is on a plane, but... he's not heading home."

"Then where's he going?"

"...to Ireland."

Danny's eyes widened as he overheard the conversation. "Jack's on a plane to Ireland?"

"What the hell is he doing?" Suzy asked out loud.

"Ireland?" Mark repeated to Felix. "What's in Ireland?"

"His uncle. After his family passed and I adopted him, he and his uncle got in touch. They talk every now and then, and Jack's flown over for a visit once a year."

Arin stood up. "We need to get there as soon as possible." He took Mark's phone, putting it on speaker to talk to Felix. "Felix, Don, hey, it's Arin. You still have connections with people in the Cincinnati area, right?"

"I have connections in all fifty states and in some international countries."

"Can any of those connections fly four people to Ireland as soon as possible?"

Mark heard some typing before Felix spoke up. "There's a pilot that can take you there from the Cincinnati International Airport."

"Perfect." Arin handed the phone back to Mark. "Let's go pack up." The other three left the living room in a rush.

"Mark?"

"Yeah, Felix?"

"Jack's looking at his last conversation with you. He's crying. I know he wants to be with you. He's just scared. Anti's getting stronger by the second. One wrong move, and he could come out and try to kill you. Be careful, and come back alive. All of you."

"I will. I swear."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro