Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

What had made her say that to him. It was in fact true but to actually say it? She could tell he wasn't pleased. He hasn't even responded. She sighed and crapped her sweater over her hand as she walked to the elevator. She pushed her hair away from her face and stood waiting. So lost in thought she didn't even notice Javier standing watching her through the glass.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. She walked in and leaned against the wall as it descended. Suddenly her mind moved from Javier to wondering what she would eat when she got home. Just the thought of food had her stomach twisting in hunger.

This is why I don't date. It takes your mind off things that aren't important, like food. Then again I'm not dating, I'm just needed for my body. Men!

As soon as she stepped out of the building, she walked into pouring rain.

"Son of a ..."

"Get in!"

She brushed the water from her face and looked at the car that pulled up to the curb. Over the half opened window she spotted the guy from the display room from earlier.

She hesitated for a minute. The words stranger danger came to mind. A girl couldn't be too careful here in the big city at night. Suddenly lightning struck and thunder clapped making her squeal in fright.

Well I guess he seemed friendly enough earlier.

With that she bolted to the passenger side of the car and got in.

"Its Jessica right?" He immediately asked as he tossed her a rag.

"Um..yeah...did I tell you ...?" She asked hesitantly

"No I heard that guy call you that. He's Javier Sanchèz right?"

"Yup that's him alright. I'm sorry I didn't get your name"

"Its Roger" he replied flashing her a smile

"Nice to meet you Roger and thank you for this"

"It's no trouble. I was in the area and saw you when I was driving by. So where to Jessica?"

She hesitated again but gave him her address and settled back in the seat as he pulled into traffic.

"So how long have you been working at the gallery?"

"Two weeks give and take a few"

"Do you like it there?"

"Yeah I love it"

Except for the part where I have a serious crush on my boss but he only wants a wham bam goodbye ma'am with me.

She sighed and looked out the window. Watching the rain run down the car window. Just as she about to start imagining herself in one of those sad music videos, he asked the one question she hated the most right now.

"So are you dating anyone?"

"No, single as a Pringle"

When he didn't laugh or respond she turned to see him nervously chewing on his thumb nail.

"Would it be weird if I asked you out? Its just that you seem really cool and I'd really like to see you again"

"Um...I'm not really dating right now" she replied

"Oh"

He looked so put off and disappointed she immediately started to feel guilty.

"OK tell you what. If you're free tomorrow around lunch time why don't you just stop by the gallery and we'll go to lunch. Let's see how I'm feeling at the end of it"

"Its a date!"

She laughed at his excitement. As soon as he pulled up to her apartment building she hurried out of the car before he could invite himself in, which she felt he was close to doing.

She glanced over her shoulder when she ran into her building and noticed that he was still watching her go in. She sent him an awkward wave and closed the door behind her. She breathe a sigh of relief when she noticed the elevator was up and running again.

Not even a minute after climbing out of the shower she heard a knock on the door. Thinking it was her pizza that she ordered she quickly pulled on a tank top and a shorts.

"Hey sweet cheeks, miss me?" Said Logan as he pushed pass her and strolled into her apartment not even waiting for an invitation.

"Please do come in" she said sarcastically before closing the door.

"Don't mind if I do. OK I'm all for seeing what you ladies wear under your clothes, but honey don't just leave them lying around. You never know who might drop by"

She lounged at him and grabbed her bra that he dangled from his finger.

"Don't touch that!" She snapped

"Seriously luv! Clean much?"

"Why are you even here? Besides to annoy me that is"

"We're going out" he replied getting up from her couch and strolling into her bedroom.

"Out? What are you talking about? Get out of my wardrobe!"

She ran over and tried to push him out of the way but of course being so well built he didn't even budge.

"Seriously? Do you only shop from the clearance racks? You have nothing in here fit for a dinner party"

"Dinner party?"

"Yes please try to keep up. You're my date for the night. Actually you're my girlfriend for the night. My parents are throwing a dinner party and if I turn up without a beautiful woman on my hand, they'll spend the night trying to set me up with eligible women."

"How am I going to pass as your girlfriend?"

"Sweetheart don't be so hard on yourself. You'll pass as a beautiful woman"

"Hey!" She threw a pillow at his head but he caught it and tossed it back at her effectively knocking her over.

"Come on we need to leave in half an hour. This little black number will have to do. Put your hair up and wear these."

She caught the jewelry case and gasped in shock when she saw the pearls.

"Welcome to the other side." He said then he turned and walked out.

She watched him stroll from her room closing the door behind him. She stood staring at the jewelry still trying to catch up to what just happened.

"I hope you're not still standing there staring at those ugly white balls! What is it with women and their love for balls anyway."

She couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up from her throat as she listen to him from the other side of the door. She placed the jewelry on the bed and started getting ready for their date.

Hey guys! So what's your thought at this point? Remember to comment and vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro