Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The sun rose to start a new day. New day, can also be the starting of a new beginning, or a new life.

She lighted the candles, and prayed before the idol of Jesus Christ.  Her mornings were incomplete without the visit to the church.

"Oh Lord! I don't know how to thank you. You gave me a very good news early in the morning.
        It was my dream to do my post graduation in any one of the famous college for management. And.... And look at this, Its admission letter. Thanks alot . "

She ran down through the steps, without leaving the smile from her face. Her long hair was fluttering, along with the stall she wore.

"Good morning Uncle..."

She greeted the watchman, without stopping her feet from moving.
"Good morning Roshni... Go slowly, else you will fall.."
He responded loud. But she had already left .
The watchman smiled and sat down back to the chair, beside the gate.
The arch above the gate read
St. Mary's Orphanage.

"Mother....may I ?"
Roshni stood at the office doorstep.

"Get in Roshni..  What's the matter, you seem so happy today..."

Her smile widened and hugged Sr. Ancy tightly as possible. "Yes mother.... I am so happy. My admission in Munnar Management College is ready, that too with scholarship..."

Sr. Ancy, was her mother, mentor , guide and much more. She was the one who took care of Roshni's all needs from the age of 12. 
Sr. Ancy still remember, the cute little girl who was hiding behind her mother , when she was meeting her first.   Mitra , Roshni's mother , passed away when Roshni was just 12; due to blood cancer. A week before, Mitra came to the orphanage to handover Roshni , as she knew , her life is going to end soon. 

"Congratulations Roshni. You really deserve it. Hardwork pays off. "

"Thank you mother. But... The class will start from day after tomorrow. And I should leave tomorrow itself. "
Her face fell. Roshni didn't wanted to move away from her safe zone. She scared the world, the selfish society who always treated her like an orphan and inferior.  But , she has a great ability to hide her sorrows behind that beautiful smile. A very special kind of sense of humour was present in her. 

"That's okay. I am happy.. that now you can stand on your own feet. You are an independent girl Roshni. And you have God's Grace. Be happy always. Lord will be always with you."

The 8 hour bus journey was something she like alot. Even though she is scared of dark, the moon and stars, that shines bright overcoming the darkness was her favorite.

She looked the seat opposite to her left. A small girl was blabbering about all the things under the sun to her father.

Roshni smiled at the girl.

Roshni had seen her father a couple of times, but not more than ten. At her early ages, he used to come every weekends with lots of chocolates. As years passed, the time gaps increased to every month, and then in couple of months.  Yet still, his face was tattooed in her heart.

The last time he came... She remembered ,there was a big fight going on . Her mom was crying... And then he left... But never came back.

The cool breeze get her back to present.  Again she looked at the night sky. People say, over loved ones who passed away will be seen as stars.
She believes.... her mom is among them, and that makes her smile.

"Munnar..."

The bus conductor called out the name loud. Roshni took her bags and get out of the bus.

She saw a tea stall, and thought to ask about the way.
"Excuse me... Can you please tell me the way to MMC college..?"

"Madam... It's 5 kms away. But, it's too late . You won't get any bus or taxi at this time. "

"Is it... Any shortcuts?"

"Yes madam... Are you seeing that gate. ?"
Roshni looked towards the way he pointed.
"You can reach the college in 15 mins through that way.. but.."

"But..? But what..?"

"But.. thats not safe madam.."

She again looked back at the gate. It seemed like a forest. The watch showed 7:30. She should reach the hostel before 8 pm .

"It's okay Uncle. I will take care of myself. Thank you.."

She went without listening the man.
"Madam... You shouldn't..."

She stepped inside the gate. A sudden breeze hit her. It was cold, and had a different aura.... something mysterious.

Sensing her presence , He opened his eyes.

"It's too cold here. Why not even.. it's a hill station after all. " She walked forward , hugging herself.
Suddenly something moved behind her in lighting speed.
Roshni looked behind, but found nothing.

Walking for another 5 mins, she reached at a point were two paths emerged. "Oh God....which will be the correct way..."

She looked around.  She felt somebody following her, but she couldn't find none.

At a distance , Roshni saw a pond. In the banks, a man wearing black hoodie was sitting. She neared him thinking to ask for a help.

"Excuse me..." 

No response. Plus the wind was getting stronger and colder.
She stepped forward, right behind him.

"Excuse me..."

He looked at the pond. Her reflection was visible.
The same eyes.... the same lips... The same face...

"Sir... actually ... I am lost. Can you please show me the way to MMC college...."

He stood up and faced her. The hoodie covered his face. Only a part of his lips were seen.  The man wore complete black attire. Roshni noticed a tattoo on his palms.

He forwarded his hands and stepped up, inorder to show her way. 

"Ah.. look.. sir.. can I drink some water from this pond. Please... One minute.."

Roshni neared to the bank and bent over.

"Don't. There is a crocodile. "

His voice was demanding . Sharp and arrogant.

She straighten her ribs in fear.
"Wh...what... Cro... crocodile... "

Gently she took two steps backwards. And turned suddenly to run.
But her sandals slipped, and she lost balance ...and started to fall down.

The tight grip on her waist saved her from falling . One of his hands holding her.
The moonlight was enough for her to see his eyes... only eyes.
A familiar one... Or something strange... His hand was as cold as ice.

His eyes were hypnotic and attractive.
She felt a strange connection with him, like we say connected by souls . Something like that.

Another hard breeze hit her. And she closed her eyes.
When she opened, Roshni was standing straight, with his hoodie in her hand. She looked forward and found him at a distance wearing a black vest. 
She didn't understand how he reached there in a blink of an eye.

Without wasting much time, she wore the hoodie. Thank God, her shivering body got a shelter.

Very soon she followed him .

"Thanks alot for helping me. By the way, My name is Roshni... Yours?"

He kept silence.

"Hmm.. I think you are not interested in sharing your name. That's fine.
You know what, I got an admission in MMC. That's why I am here. 
    Actually I am very new to this place. That's why the routes are unfamiliar. It's okay, I will grasp the way soon. I have a great grasping power you know.... "
She laughed herself. But, he paid no attention. Was he hearing even , she thought.

She tried to keep up with his speed. But she couldn't. Roshni was tired.

At a distance he stopped. She too.
Roshni looked at the arch in front.
Munnar Management College, Ladies Hostel.

She was relieved. At last she found the place. Roshni ran towards him,
standing just before him.

His face was still covered, by darkness. Yet , his eyes, his shiny eyes were clearly visible.
He forwarded his hand.
She was confused. Within a second she understood he was pointing at his jacket. Roshni removed it and returned it back.

"Thank you so much..." , She said in her chirpy voice.

"Never come back to this place. Forget about this forest".

Another cold breeze, and he was gone.

Hellooo... 
Some of your guesses are right...😛

Anyways... This was the first chapter.  I thought you enjoyed...

Lots of love

Annujam.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro