Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

@KM; 11 AM

Prakash: Did Avni sleep? He asked Shweta as she entered their room after putting Avni to sleep.

Shweta: Haan. A while ago. Bohot mushkil se Prakash Ji. She didn't cry the whole day but cried a lot before sleeping. Each time she asked for mamma I felt so helpless. She didn't even eat properly. I'm getting worried about her health now. Shweta said tearing up.

Prakash: Isn't it normal Shweta? If we're feeling so empty then think about that child. She'll take time. We've to be strong & patient with her. Very soon the beaming lil fairy will be back. Tum dekhna! Prakash assured Shweta being emotional recalling his best friend Neela.

Shweta: But I'm worried about her health. She'll fall sick if this goes on. I'll take her to a pediatrician & if needed a counsellor tomorrow.

Prakash: No need. I'll call them at home only. And where's Neil? Did you see the time? And he still didn't return! He said sternly.

Shweta: I had called his driver. He's at his friend's house. Preparing for his exam tomorrow. Let him be. Today was hard for him as well. And why didn't have your dinner yet?

Prakash: I know my son shweta. How stupid he's sometimes. Just because of his anger on us he's torturing himself. He didn't eat anything. His ego has grown double of his size. If I pamper him now then I'll be spoiling him. So let him learn. He'll come around by tomorrow I know. And do you expect me to eat when you both are starving? He let out his caring side which he always hides from Neil.

Shweta: Our kids are suffering & we're so helpless here Prakash Ji. She said crying.

Prakash: Sometimes doing nothing is the solution. Just be patient Shweta. He spoke wiping her tears.

Shweta: Hmm. Good night. And even if I fall asleep please keep a check on Avni. She said turning the lights off.

Prakash: Don't worry. I'll. Take rest now. And soon after that they both slept being mentally & physically drained.

@KM ; 1 AM

Neil returned home being dead tired. He was really hungry also as he actually ate nothing today. He expected his mom would wait for him with dinner as usual. But he saw a maid waiting with his food. His jealousy rose again thinking his mom already forgot him getting Avni. Refusing the food, he went to his room taking only coffee. Freshening up, he again sat to study. Because he had his math exam tomorrow & still had a huge syllabus left. He had already failed in the first semester. Hence his father had warned him if this time he gets poor marks let alone failing, he'll lose his laptop. So he was trying his best diverting his mind from anger & Avni.

After a while he was engrossed in his books. That's when Avni peeked inside his room & when she saw no movements, she quietly walked inside hugging her bunny. Taking baby steps she reached near Neil's table. Neil still didn't notice her. So she tugged at his T-shirt end gaining his attention.

Neil: WTF! What are you doing here?! Neil barked getting up furiously.

Avni: there's a monster in that room best friend. A noisy monster. I'm scared of monsters. She said slowly feeling bad at Neil's behavior.

Neil: what the fu...!! Umm...whatever! Get out of my room. Don't disturb me.

Avni: But wo monster... Mein aur bunny yaha sojau? There's no monster & yaha tum bhi ho.

Neil: how dare you! Listen this is my room. No way I'd let you stay here. Now please get out. Aur agar itna hi darr lage then go to mom Dad. But out of my room now!

Avni: But they're sleeping. Aur meri mamma bhi nahi hai. Agar mamma hoti to mein kabhi tumhe disturb nahi karti best friend. Now me & bunny are all alone. No one would hug us & save from monsters. Avni said tearing up looking at the floor.

Neil was really angry but listening to what she said he widened his eyes. He instantly felt a tug at his heart her innocent yet heavy words. He was never this harsh with anyone let alone kids. He loved kids & they also mingled with him quickly. But this situation was different & really toxic making everything bitter to him.

Neil (in mind): (let's help for now. And if dad gets to know I made their Avni cry, he'll screw me. Meri hi badnaseeb hai) OK OK. Don't cry. Let's go. I'll shoo the monster away. Come. Neil said bending to her level & wiping her cheeks while Avni looked at him batting her lashes.

Avni: No. I won't go back please. She said nodding her head in a no. So having no option Neil picked up her keeping her bunny on his table.

Neil: kuch nahi hoga. I won't let the monster come near you. Chalo. Neil said looking at her. Taking her he was about to leave, when Avni loudly said pointing at her bunny

Avni: Best friend!!! My boo!! He'll be alone here.

Glaring at her he went back & gave the bunny back in her hands. So having bunny & Avni in his arms, Neil took Avni to her room. Entering the room he heard a loud noise of cat crying. He understood her monster is actually a cat which is crying somewhere nearby. Hearing that Avni hugged him putting her arms around his neck due to fear. Then whispered in his ear

Avni: See!! That monster is here.

Neil: Argh Avni that's not a monster. That's a cat & it's crying. Darne ki koi baat nahi.

Avni: Nahi. Cats do only meow meaw. But it's so scary best friend.

Neil: Because it's crying now. Wait I'll show you. Neil said irritatedly & took Avni to the balcony to show that cat but found nothing in the dark. While she was getting more scared & hugged him tighter.

Neil (in mind): (kaha fasa dia bhagwan! Saare paapon ki saza saath mein hi deni thi. Now what shall do with her dude) Avni it's dark outside. So we can't see the cat. Don't get scared. Sleep now. Neil tried to put her into the bed but she refused to leave his neck & snuggled more in his hold.

Avni: No no! It's a monster. Don't go please. No.

Neil: OK FINE! I'm here. Kahi nahi jaa raha hu. Sleep now. I'll give you 5 minutes. If you don't sleep then I'll go back to my room. Neil said gritting his teeth tucking her inside her bed & sat beside her. Hearing him Avni instantly closed her eyes with her palms showing Neil she was sleeping. Neil rolled his eyes.

Half an hour passed still she couldn't sleep because of the loud noise. She was tossing & turning & sometimes playing with her bunny. Neil was growing highly irritated & angry. Nor he could leave her nor he could tolerate her. So he finally googled typing "how to make kids sleep". As per the instructions, hesitantly he stretched his arms towards her rudely saying

Neil (in mind): ( Kya din agaye hai mere. Adhi raat ko apni so called biwi ko babysit karna padega. Do it Neil Khanna. You need to get rid of her fast. You can't waste anymore time) Come here.

Avni: Are we going to your room? Avni asked pouting letting Neil pick her up.

Neil: Ji nahi. You're gonna sleep. If you don't sleep quickly then I'll call that monster here. Yes I'll.

Avni: Noooo. I'll sleep & dream of chocolates & will wake up early in the morning also. Good night. Avni quickly said widening her eyes in fear.

Neil: Good for you. Neil said keeping her head on his shoulder & placed her sit on his lap. Then wrapping his one hand around her, he started patting her back gently. With another hand he turned his phone speaker on & played a soft lullaby. Keeping his phone beside him he started caressing her hair as well. This time Avni actually closed her eyes & was trying to sleep. After almost another hour had passed & that's when Neil couldn't feel Avni moving anymore. He lifted up her head to check & much to his relief she had slept. So gently loosened her hands around his neck & tucked her into blanket placing her bunny beside her. Turning the lights off he quietly came back to his room.

Neil was really sleepy while trying to make Avni sleep. So he had forgotten about his anger all these while. But when he looked at the time his sleep died & he rather felt chills down his spine. It was 3: 30 AM & his exam would start at 8 AM. He still had a lot left to study. He almost lost 3 precious hours dealing with Avni. Due to extreme anger & frustration Neil started crying

*Neil's POV*

That Goddamn lil nuisance! She's an witch. I shouldn't have felt bad for her. It's just a day she's here & already I'm ruined. I'm starving, mom dad doesn't care about me & now I'll fail again as well. Just for that witch! I hate you Mom dad. And I hate you more witch. It's all your fault. Now how will I pass today. How the fuck I'll complete the chapters!! Dad & that dragon professor would sue me this time. Even my laptop will be gone. Why me God!!

While crying & cursing, Neil didn't even realize when he slept at his table only. He was really tired due to mental & physical stress also had no energy after wasting his all calories in anger. So when he woke up it was already 7: 00 & he had nothing to do except cursing his fate & Avni. Quickly getting ready he went downstairs to see Prakash & Shweta waiting at the dining table.

Shweta: Good morning Tillu! Come sit! I've made your favorite "aloo ka paratha" beta.

Neil: Good morning Mom. Morning Dad.

Prakash: Good morning. But will the day be good? Remember what I told you? All prepared for exam?

Neil: y....yes dad. I'm.

Prakash: Good. Because you won't be spared this time because you're my son. You'll have prove yourself as Neil. Not with the help of your surname.

Breakfast was done silently. Nobody after Prakash talked anything. Unable to bear his father's piercing questions, Neil swiftly finished breakfast & left for school. Even being inside the air conditioned car, he sweating like a pig. Fear was making his heart beat wildly. After reaching school he ignored all his friends & straight went to hall & exams started soon as clock struck 8.

After a giving a terrible exam with no hope to pass, Neil was walking through the corridor like a zombie. When he was lost thinking his upcoming misery just then Ali came running to him & slapped his shoulder breaking his trance.

Ali: Kya re saale! Paper ke saath kaan bhi submit karke aya hai kya! Kabse bula raha hu. Did you become deaf?

Neil: Shut up Ali. You won't understand. I just answered for 10 marks. And even that also seems incorrect. Dad will kill me. Neil said slumping his defeated form on a bench.

Ali: Haan mein to itna accha deke aya hu ki humare param poojniya math Sir ji apni beti ki doosri shaadi mujhse karwaynge. Confirmed fail hai yaar. None can save my Xbox now. Ali cried out his grief.

Neil: I don't know! All I know is we'll be grounded for months. Neil said closing his eyes thinking of horrible consequences.

Ali: Mera to samajh mein aata hai ki I didn't even try & missed tuition lectures. But tu to complete karne wala tha na? Tujhe kya hua? Ali asked worriedly.

Neil: Not because of me. Because of that witch & I swear she'll pay for fucking up my life like this! Neil said flaring his nostrils as he remembered Avni & the promises he made to make her suffer sitting in the exam Hall.

Let me know how was it!!!! And also what you liked in it. Next chapter will be updated after 150 votes.......

Love
Nemo ^_^

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro