18 : BEFORE THE BATTLE

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The hazy morning affected everyone's mood at the office of "NORMS Come Always For Emergencies" . Every working staff was scared to even acknowledge that they intended to have exchanged leave with others , but it was their bad luck , for even the part-timers were called on duty . Biswadev was restlessly wandering at the door of the office and Disha came running through the door , almost tripped twice and ran into the soul of the engineer .

"Oh ! I'm sorry . I wasn't looking ."

Biswadev , still looking at the door , said "No . I'm sorry , if you got hurt because of me ."

"What are you doing at the door ?"

"I'm waiting for the Death Lord . I'm so tensed about the shield's activation , I can't wait any longer . It's a difficult task , you know ?"

Then he finally looked at Disha's troubled look and questioned
"I thought you've already left . Isn't your work hour over ? Is something wrong madam ?"

"Wrong ! Yes , everything went wrong . Do you know where is Lord Bhargav?"
Disha said all these in just one breathe .

Biswadev eagerly wanted to know what exactly went wrong but he first answered "He is in his room as usual . But it's weird that he didn't leave the room since yesterday morning , even for once . Is everything okay with him ?"

Disha , looking upstairs , answered
"come with me , we need to consult with him ."

Then she ran upstairs and Biswadev had to follow suit .

Biswadev was startled to see the Fate Lord's room was lightened with only one candle , as he knew that the Fate Lord's room had never been darkened like the Death Lord's . And the candle's dimness told him that even the lights knew that the day was going to end badly . The Fate Lord , sitting on a couch was busy typing something on a tablet and he was muttering under his breath . Lord Bhargav's appearance wasn't that clear but Biswadev knew that the Lord had been typing like this since yesterday's morning , but he could not understand what kind of tab had that much battery life for that kind of continuous use .

Breaking the silence , Disha talked first , "my Lord , this type of continuous work can drain you much , you should rest a little ."

The Fate Lord seemed not to notice their presence before . Hearing the voice he looked at Disha and then at Biswadev . Biswadev was surprised to see that whatever typing thing the Lord was doing , that had actually affected the Lord's health . His face looked pale , his eyes seemed to be wandering around before he finally could focus on the two of them .

When the Lord talked , his voice was faded .

"Disha , I don't want much people to get involved into this , so it's better to have precautions . Leave that . Tell me , is there any news about Lord Anthraj ?"

And saying that he hopelessly looked at Disha .

"My Lord , when you know what happened , then why are you asking this ?"

"I know . Let not disturb him for a while . He is needed there too . We all are here , right ? Can't we handle this on our own ? "

"I'm waiting for your order , my Lord ."

"Hmm . Alert all the guards , tell them to double check all the entries and go to the War Lord for inforcement ."

Then looking at Biswadev he timidly said "Now that you know that the Death Lord isn't coming here to help , your plan has to be postponed for now . So give your attention to the technical workers and try to come up with a easy shield ."

Biswadev had nothing to say after seeing the Lord's condition , he just nodded .

Bhargav again talked "Since Disha is going to handle the inside matters , Biswadev help me with the outside works for a while . See if Sampath is already here , I need him to run some errands . And I can not be out before evening , so you can inform me every details by then . Now you can leave ."

Bowing to the Fate Lord , the two of them left .

Biswadev went to the reception area and saw that a tall , well built man with almost brown complexion , was signing on the official attendance register . Biswadev knew that though Sampath looked like a fierce , war beaten soldier , he actually was loyal and gentle to his colleagues .

He promptly said "Good morning , sir . You're called by Lord Bhargav , he is at his room ."

"Oh! Morning , Engineer . Hope you'll save the day for us . So , what is bothering the Lord ?"

"The Death Lord is needed somewhere else today , he'll not be here . So the Fate Lord wants to gather any kind of reinforcement he gets . I guess , it's about that . His condition doesn't seem right ."

"What ! It's bad , real bad ! Okay , then I leave the reception desk on you , please handle it , until I come back ."

When Sampath entered the Fate Lord's room , there was no sign of light in the room and he immediately got tensed if the Lord was okay .

In the dark , he uncertainty asked
"my Lord , are you here ?"

Immediately the single candle lightened itself and Sampath could see the exhausted state of the Fate Lord .

But the Lord himself was a master of pretence , he wore a smile and said
"I've got no other place to go when I'm threatened to be overthrown ."

"You still have so many brothers and sisters and several homes to go ."

"Then you're sure that I'll be overthrown ."
The Fate Lord's smile wore away .

"What's your order for me ?"

"Disha already had gone to handle the inside allies , so I'll let you cover the outside ."

"You mean the other fairy tribes or the special one ?"

"Do you think you can handle her ?! You just alert the other fairy tribes in case of emergency . I don't want them to engage in it ."

"Okay , then I should leave now . Please take some rest , my Lord ."

After Sampath's leave , the Fate Lord left for House no. 8 on No. 6 Malida Lane , Paraj City . When he reached there , he was almost on his knees while materialising . Mrs. Sinha was shocked to see Bhargav in such feeble state , she ran from the kitchen to the hall to help him stand up .

"What were you thinking for coming to me in this condition ?"
She cried loudly .

"Ohh ! Sister . You're loud . Don't worry , I'm just worn out for overworking . I'll be okay . I just came to rest a bit "
breathing heavily the Fate Lord answered .

"Stay here as long as you want , I'm at home today ."

"You can't stay here . I actually came here to ask a favour from you ."

"Bhargav , you know I can't go anywhere today . Darshan hadn't call me yet . I'm worried if.........."

"He's already taken care of . Don't worry ."

"You mean....."

"He collapsed after bathing , now someone is taking care of him ."

Scrutinising the Fate Lord with her intense caramel brown eyes , she said
"Then I hope , you know this 'someone' so closely that you even believe him with my son ."

"Yes , I know . And I believe , you know enough about him to let him take care of your son ."

Sighing heavily , Mrs. Sinha answered
"Okay , I'm not arguing about it . But he must know his limits . If something goes wrong......."

"Oh ! Sister ! Your son isn't a child anymore . He can do reason with his own feelings . Now , I'm going to sleep . You can do your duty ."

The the Fate Lord went into a deep slumber . Mrs. Sinha left him alone and went to get prepared for the night .

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Hey, Readers!
Hope you all are doing well. .....😊

So the battle is finally here...... 😱

What's the reason, who are involved? .......... 😮😮

Where the Death Lord is? !!!!!!😉😉😉

Let's find out in upcoming chapters. .......😊😊😊😊

Till then stay safe, stay healthy, and enjoy reading 😊 😊 😊

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE 👍 ✒ 👉 🙏

................Anasuya Raj

10th August, 2020

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro